Relics are OP

senftube.6081

rune of speed used to be swiftness was +66% instead of +33% in-combat.  Is it now +66% all the time?

the "problem" with the old rune of speed was that it buffed vitality, which wasn't a big deal damage-wise.  If you can combine it  now with, say, eagle (+power, +ferocity), that'll be impressive.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, jaif.3518 said:

rune of speed used to be swiftness was +66% instead of +33% in-combat.  Is it now +66% all the time?

the "problem" with the old rune of speed was that it buffed vitality, which wasn't a big deal damage-wise.  If you can combine it  now with, say, eagle (+power, +ferocity), that'll be impressive.

you can run anti toxin runes + 66 % combat speed now

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Relic of the Cavalier - Grant yourself aegis, quickness, swiftness, resistance, and might when striking an enemy with your mount's engage skill. lol overloaded with boons.

Relic of the Nightmare - After using an elite skill, send forth a nightmare pulse that inflicts fear and poison on nearby enemies. 79 gold on the tp lol.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Relic of the Cavalier - Grant yourself aegis, quickness, swiftness, resistance, and might when striking an enemy with your mount's engage skill. lol overloaded with boons.

Relic of the Nightmare - After using an elite skill, send forth a nightmare pulse that inflicts fear and poison on nearby enemies. 79 gold on the tp lol.

The durations of those boons is like 3 seconds, it's basically worthless. And that's with 56% boon duration.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

The durations of those boons is like 3 seconds, it's basically worthless. And that's with 56% boon duration.

They were worthless in the first place triggered on a mount engage skill, just funny they load it up with 5 boons.

PSA, all 40 core relics can be crafted, don't get scammed on the tp!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Oh btw everyone's builds are broken and apparently the free relics are trash and don't let you select. And the API is down so you can't even tell if you're getting a fair deal.

Can't say it was intentional, but honestly I would advise people to wait for prices to settle.  People will always price gouge on the first week. Or maybe do some of it yourself. Probably do something else for a bit...

This expansion is so trash I can't even avoid it by not buying it.

edit: You can pick relics, however, some of them are changed, so read carefully before you select. Also you may right click/preview to see what you're opening. I have no idea why they made it so convoluted.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

Edit: relic list was fully updated on wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Relic

Relic of Cerus - Upon using an elite skill, summon an Eye of Cerus that emits a rotating line attack, dealing damage and converting boons into conditions. (Cooldown: 30 Seconds.)

Nerfs sigil of Absorption, nerfs various boon strips and boon corrupts.............. adds boon corruption relic exclusive to expansion.  😏

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I like how someone is in there trying to make the argument that nerfing the runes was a way to bring down power creep, yet there's more 10% strike relics available, and you also get a 6th stat bonus.

Three clueless wvw players? -->

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

relics are pretty trash imho... some huge nerfs especially to antitoxin when harbingers and renegades still exist good luck surviving that nonsense now... the new relics are boring and/or trash... can you add more "on elite use" please? my 2 minute cd elite skill really needs the 3stacks of poison to become viable...

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

I like how someone is in there trying to make the argument that nerfing the runes was a way to bring down power creep, yet there's more 10% strike relics available, and you also get a 6th stat bonus.

I mean I would have to grab some huge canisters of  copium if I pre-ordered myself, too.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Disappointing that there is no might and fury on (core) relics. If it were an attempt to reduce boon spam, it would be a good change, but they added defensive boons. The offensive relics seem to be aimed at pve mostly and rather underwhelming in PvP/WvW. Maybe some of the condi procs are good, but still ...

Idk why they keep pushing a boring bunker meta.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

Disappointing that there is no might and fury on (core) relics. If it were an attempt to reduce boon spam, it would be a good change, but they added defensive boons. The offensive relics seem to be aimed at pve mostly and rather underwhelming in PvP/WvW. Maybe some of the condi procs are good, but still ...

Idk why they keep pushing a boring bunker meta.

The defensive boons have garbo durations tho

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

The defensive boons have garbo durations tho

Idk. 5s base duration of resistance is pretty strong (used to be 4). So are 5s of vigor on evade with 1s cd. Perma uptime basically with a bunch of evades and/or boon duration. Defensive boons can be very impactful, even with short duration (dura rune only had 3s base duration of prot and regen and 1s of resistance, on 20s cd, yet was one of the strongest runes for the entire time of it's existence). And do we even know all the details about the other's yet?

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Thanks 1