Jump to content
  • Sign Up

How can I deselect one PvE Daily and get another?


Lucy.3728

Recommended Posts

Previously, I could choose from 4 WvW and 4 PvE dailies, of which only 3 must be fulfilled. From 8 tasks ( I do not play PvP, otherwise it would be 12).
Now I have selected PvE and WvW and have as a task to make a heart in PvE.

I don't do hearts.

I hate hearts.

Hearts are the reason why only 1 of my 23 chars has a world exploration complete.

How do I get rid of this hate task to choose something else? Like before.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This "expansion" makes no sense, the way the changed the daily makes no sense no matter how you see it, previously we had to complete any of the 3 quest in a set of 4-4-4, now we still have to complete 3 but only in a choice of 3? Why? Who would ever think this makes any sense at all? Also why would you put the choice between Pve ,Wvw and pvp that can be changed only once per day? just always give the option to complete all the pvp, pve and wvw JUST LIKE IT HAS BEEN FOR 5+ YEARS

  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well now we cannot choose the tasks we want to do anymore but get a chosen list from "them" to do or leave the daily unfinished -.- What a disimprovement.

The first heart in Desert Highlands is instant done with the event at the gates, just finishing the end being.

I deselected PvE now and fear what awful wvw tasks will welcome me tomorrow, when I already see 10x dolyak escorting as weekly *yuck*
But I certainly don't want to be forced to do jumping puzzles or hearts. (Hearts are worse)

And finishing the daily only got me 1 gold when it was 2 gold with the user friendly system before.

I actually liked the idea of one screen for all (log in, daily, weekly) but not like this.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea I dont agree with this change they said we would have as many pve choices as everyone else.

And we ofcourse anyone would assume 12 since it was 4,4,4 split before.

But now if you take all 3 do you get 1,1,2?

And you have to do all 4 instead of a choice of 4 out of 12 how is that a better system?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a far more profitable system. If you don't want to do the easiest heart you can find for the currency, I'm okay with that. You can still get plenty of currency without it. I don't know about you, but I'm making out like a bandit.  IF you miss the daily one day the world won't end, work on one of your weeklies or one of the special tasks instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

easiest heart you can find

Assumes that I know hearts that are easy.

I hope Wiki will be updated so that you can easily complete dailies again.

I had even googled for easy hearts, but I'm not just about easy, it has to be easy and fast. As simple as mining something.

No matches.

10 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I'm okay with that

And? How is that helping?
Or what do you want to say with that? If you don't care about me, or don't care about that change, then why post here?

10 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I don't know about you

I play wvw.
That's all to know about me.

My chosen dailies so far were: harvest/mine something (pve) and rest wvw stuff. If wvw stuff wasn't doable/too hard then I'd do a vista or a boss too (pve). There are days I just can't take a keep. Or really cba to camp a veteran spot.

I could choose.

That's the point.

That all this thread about.

Choice.

We were given the choice.

Now it's taken away from us.

10 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

or one of the special tasks instead

I doubt I'll find any motivation to touch that.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Assumes that I know hearts that are easy.

I hope Wiki will be updated so that you can easily complete dailies again.

I had even googled for easy hearts, but I'm not just about easy, it has to be easy and fast. As simple as mining something.

No matches.

And? How is that helping?
Or what do you want to say with that? If you don't care about me, or don't care about that change, then why post here?

I play wvw.
That's all to know about me.

My chosen dailies so far were: harvest/mine something (pve) and rest wvw stuff. If wvw stuff wasn't doable/too hard then I'd do a vista or a boss too (pve). There are days I just can't take a keep. Or really cba to camp a veteran spot.

I could choose.

That's the point.

That all this thread about.

Choice.

We were given the choice.

Now it's taken away from us.

I doubt I'll find any motivation to touch that.

Yep, you choose to do the easiest thing in the game, for the easiest points to get 2 gold. Nice. Gratz.  

Today I unlocked an owl mount skin from the new daily weeklies.  Every system has pluses and minuses. You think giving you 2 gold a day for doing nothing is good, and I think it's probably not great for the game over all. 

The point of dailies was never to give you two gold a day. The point of dailies was to get people out in the world actually doing stuff. And for most people they probably failed at that. So now Anet is trying something else and sure, that's not as convenient. But then, no matter how many dailies I did in a day, none of them was going to give me a mount skin.

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd love it if there were more options, having to do those exact three is really annoying, especially if Defend is in the WvW pool. Sometimes you just don't get attacked...

I don't think there's a good reason not to give players some wiggle room. +1 for each category you select would be good.

57 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

You think giving you 2 gold a day for doing nothing is good, and I think it's probably not great for the game over all. 

The point of dailies was never to give you two gold a day.

No, that was the point, the 2g per day was a trivial amount for 'rich' players and generally a good thing for poorer players and would get more money moving in the economy. This is the explicit reasoning they gave and they didn't really care about the cause.

As far as "2 gold a day for doing nothing" we had this system in the daily login rewards, and it really didn't break much of anything.

This system is genuinely one of those systems where a newer player might click multiple options, not understand what they're doing and decide to quit the game on the back of having 'impossible' dailies.

Minor addendum: the dude actually straight up said "I do WvW dailies". YES it is possible to get a set of WvW dailies that may be impossible on a day depending on your playstyle. The only WvW daily that is assuredly doable is Veteran Slayer; while most are consistently doable, there are a few that can be a big PITA depending on the state of the map, including Objective Defender, Keep Capturer and Tower Capturer. A combination of these without a relatively straightforward PvE one will mean a WvW player can be up S creek without a paddle if the map isn't in a good state especially with no wiggle room.

Edited by Sarrs.4831
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sarrs.4831 said:

I'd love it if there were more options, having to do those exact three is really annoying, especially if Defend is in the WvW pool. Sometimes you just don't get attacked...

I don't think there's a good reason not to give players some wiggle room. +1 for each category you select would be good.

No, that was the point, the 2g per day was a trivial amount for 'rich' players and generally a good thing for poorer players and would get more money moving in the economy. This is the explicit reasoning they gave and they didn't really care about the cause.

As far as "2 gold a day for doing nothing" we had this system in the daily login rewards, and it really didn't break much of anything.

This system is genuinely one of those systems where a newer player might click multiple options, not understand what they're doing and decide to quit the game on the back of having 'impossible' dailies.

Minor addendum: the dude actually straight up said "I do WvW dailies". YES it is possible to get a set of WvW dailies that may be impossible on a day depending on your playstyle. The only WvW daily that is assuredly doable is Veteran Slayer; while most are consistently doable, there are a few that can be a big PITA depending on the state of the map, including Objective Defender, Keep Capturer and Tower Capturer. A combination of these without a relatively straightforward PvE one will mean a WvW player can be up S creek without a paddle if the map isn't in a good state especially with no wiggle room.

Way to miss my point.

First of all, if your experience in Guidl Wars 2 was earning 14 gold a week through dailies and pretty much that's it, it's nothing anyway. You could get teh same doing dragon storm, more even, in 12 minutes a day.  You can make more fishing. You can make more running the Silverwastes. Fractals. Really,. if that easy 2 gold a day changes things significantlyj for you, there's other ways to get it. Tequatl for example.  It's very little coin unless you just don't play the game much at all.  

But now everyone has the potential to earn either more in pure gold, or more in stuff that will save them pure gold.  I'm literally going to make out like a bandit, but it's not because I'm a rich player.  Dailies have a purpose and that was to give people stuff to do, while at the same time, adding people to areas of the game. They were at best mediocre at that.

Players won't earn significantly less in the new system, even if they don't do the daily every day. Let's say you don't like one daily. So instead of doing 4 dailies a day (one of which is logging in), they skip one and only do 3.  They didn't get their daily now.

That means now, they get 5 currency for logging in, but they also get 10 currency for the otther two they did or 25 currency. They didn't finish it, because one of them sucked, like happened to me before the first reset. I didn't like one of them. I said nah.  That 25 currency gives me enough currency to buy in the shop 4 gold directly, and I didn't finiish the daily. To get two gold a day now, you need to log in and do exactly 1 daily. You can then spend that currency, if you like on 2 gold.   That's it. It's easier than before.

But if you FINISH your daily now, even just one day, you get 35 points from each individualy daily, that's 5 for logging in and 30 for the other three. That 35 points on that day, lets you buy five gold that day.  

No one is losing out here, except people that want dailies incidentally doing what they'd do anyway, and that really was never the point of dalies. They were encouraging people to do something they didn't normally do.

Sorry but this whole attitude of I can't find one heart to do, because it's hard...well don't do it that day. The dailies will STILL be more rewarding, at least from a gold standpoint.

And when you factor in weeklies, it's a whole different level of profit.

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Now, even just one day, you get 35 points from each individualy daily, that's 5 for logging in and 30 for the other three. That 35 points on that day, lets you buy five gold that day.  

I didn't check the tooltip, but isn't there an additional bonus 30 tokens in the daily chest for doing all 4? I can't check because the tooltip vanishes when opened. Someone said it's 65 for doing a full daily, but I haven't verified it yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I didn't check the tooltip, but isn't there an additional bonus 30 tokens in the daily chest for doing all 4? I can't check because the tooltip vanishes when opened. Someone said it's 65 for doing a full daily, but I haven't verified it yet

You get 5 for logging in. 10 for each of the other three dailies. 30 more AA for finishing all four.  I did that yesterday. But the weekly will be my bread and butter I think.

Yesterday, I did the entire weekly. I completed 10 events, which is nothing for me in a day, and ended up with 40 from that. I defeated a legendeary rank enemy by doing BLackout, which gave me 40, but Kaineng Blackout itself was one of the weeklies, so I got 80, but killing jade mechs was ALSO one of the weeklies so I got 120 from that one event. You only need 6 weeklies and that one event gave me 3 of them.  


Then I did professor portsmatt's lab in Bloodtide and because many people had it there was a mesmer portaling, took me a minute. That was my fourth weekly.

For my last 2 I salvaged 50 items and did one easy fractal.  But if you're not a fractal runner, you could do 7 rift hunts.  People without the expansion probably had others. 

That not only gave me 40 for the 6 I did, or 240 extra for the week, but an additional 350 for finishing the weekly.  After buying the griffon skin on day one, I had 154 left over for whatever else I wanted.  

I did go out of my way to play Kaineng blackout, but getting three weeklies from that, and probably most of my events made it a no brainer. I love this new daily system. And that included not getting my daily before the first reset because I didn't want to do one of them.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

You get 5 for logging in. 10 for each of the other three dailies. 30 more AA for finishing all four.  I did that yesterday. But the weekly will be my bread and butter I think.

Yesterday, I did the entire weekly. I completed 10 events, which is nothing for me in a day, and ended up with 40 from that. I defeated a legendeary rank enemy by doing BLackout, which gave me 40, but Kaineng Blackout itself was one of the weeklies, so I got 80, but killing jade mechs was ALSO one of the weeklies so I got 120 from that one event. You only need 6 weeklies and that one event gave me 3 of them.  


Then I did professor portsmatt's lab in Bloodtide and because many people had it there was a mesmer portaling, took me a minute. That was my fourth weekly.

For my last 2 I salvaged 50 items and did one easy fractal.  But if you're not a fractal runner, you could do 7 rift hunts.  People without the expansion probably had others. 

That not only gave me 40 for the 6 I did, or 240 extra for the week, but an additional 350 for finishing the weekly.  After buying the griffon skin on day one, I had 154 left over for whatever else I wanted.  

I did go out of my way to play Kaineng blackout, but getting three weeklies from that, and probably most of my events made it a no brainer. I love this new daily system. And that included not getting my daily before the first reset because I didn't want to do one of them.

 

 

Wasn't looking for your diary for the day, just confirmation it's 65 since I can't check. But thanks for the info 😉 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Wasn't looking for your diary for the day, just confirmation it's 65 since I can't check. But thanks for the info 😉 

I wasn't just talking to you specifically, there's a lot of questions about it. Seemed like a decent opportunity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sarrs.4831 said:

So there shouldn't be a problem with adding a daily or two so that people have a bit of flexibility in what they do for the day, non?

Yes and no. People take the easiest dailies, because they are the easiest. I almost always did that. The idea of using dailies as a population movement tool is hampered by giving options, because it's impossible to make them all equally difficult and it's randomly determined which ones come on which day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I didn't check the tooltip, but isn't there an additional bonus 30 tokens in the daily chest for doing all 4? I can't check because the tooltip vanishes when opened. Someone said it's 65 for doing a full daily, but I haven't verified it yet

Yeah, daily completion you get 30 additional AA. If wondering, a full weekly will net you about 420-30 AA, plus 10 laurels, so I can see why Vayne has a point as to why it is more profitable  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Yes and no. People take the easiest dailies, because they are the easiest. I almost always did that. The idea of using dailies as a population movement tool is hampered by giving options, because it's impossible to make them all equally difficult and it's randomly determined which ones come on which day.

My dailies are "Horn of Maguuma vista", "kill 10 mobs" and "capture a sentry". They're not population movement tools. The only zone-specific weekly I have is Dark Reverie, too... Is that your idea of population movement? "Make Sarrs click on a vista and do one of the easiest jumping puzzles in the game"? Mission accomplished I suppose.

The actual goal of the Wizard's Vault:

Quote

Ultimately, our goal with the Wizard’s Vault is to help you find things to do in Guild Wars 2 and then reward you for doing those things.

Per https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/discover-the-wonders-within-the-wizards-vault-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Sarrs.4831 said:

My dailies are "Horn of Maguuma vista", "kill 10 mobs" and "capture a sentry". They're not population movement tools. The only zone-specific weekly I have is Dark Reverie, too... Is that your idea of population movement? "Make Sarrs click on a vista and do one of the easiest jumping puzzles in the game"? Mission accomplished I suppose.

The actual goal of the Wizard's Vault:

Per https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/discover-the-wonders-within-the-wizards-vault-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/.

I didn't say the goal of the wizard vault, I said the goal of the dailies. And it's easy to pick one day and say this is what it is today. Anyone can use one data point to prove anything.

However, my daily today said kill ten mobs and do one event in Cantha, and you can bet that brings people to Cantha. That's how it works. It spreads people out. Not every day will accomplish that, but the over all goal in dailies has been to keep people going back to older maps. EoD is now older maps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sarrs.4831 said:

You shouldn't reach so hard, you'll put your back out.

That's very cute. I haven't heard it in a while. But it's not reaching, it's common sense. And you know, what companies say publicly officially isn't always the complete truth and anyone who thinks it is is simply fooling themselves. 

Why would any company offer a log in reward? To get people to log into the game. Why would any company care if people are logging in if they're not playing. So, why would a company make a daily.

To get people playing.

But people in MMOs, at least some people, want to see other people while they're playing. How do they convince people the game is alive. By having those people all going to the same area. Jumping puzzles have people portaliing. It's traffic control, pure and simple. On a day without a daily,

The fact that you not only think companies don't use this sort of thing to make the game look more populated is amazing to me. It's the whole point of it. It's not like they're such nice guys want you to have free stuff for no reason. They give away the stuff to get the people in. Stores that put things on sale, don't tell you that they're often trying to upsell you or get you to buy other stuff, but they are. 

It's easy to throw out one liners, and try to discredit people by making them look stupid. It doesn't make any of your points one whit stronger.

Anet didn't make dailies so people could get 2 gold for doing nothing.  They are clearly using dailies and weeklies to get people to experience different kinds of content, and when I was walking around Cantha today, I would say it's working, at least so far. Whether it continues to work remains to be seen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

That's very cute. I haven't heard it in a while. But it's not reaching, it's common sense. And you know, what companies say publicly officially isn't always the complete truth and anyone who thinks it is is simply fooling themselves. 

No you misunderstand, I'm saying it's a reach for you to suggest that this thread was about dailies, in general, the concept and not specifically about the Wizard's Vault.

And to be candid you seem way too wound up about a pretty straightforward suggestion. "hey can we have one more daily in case we get one that really sucks". "NO ANET IS SECRETLY MOVING THE POPULATION AROUND TO MAKE THE GAME LOOK BUSY." 

Yeah but what if nobody's attacking our team's objectives in WvW? :v

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not even relevant. Anet intended the Wizard's Vault to replace dailies. My comments are about dailies because the Wizard's Vault is the new form that dailies take. That's hardly a stretch at all. I submit you can talk about the wizard vault as much as you want, but if you're not also talking dailies you're talking at cross purposes to what Anet is trying to accomplish with it.

You DIRECTLY suggested adding a daily or two, suggesting it wouldn't be a problem for Anet to do that. That's what I responded to. You talking about dailies. I was talking directly about the Wizards Vault before you brought up dailies.  So I started talking about the daily aspect of the Wizard's Vault, which of course, is the new way dailies and now weeklies are presented.

You suggested giving people more options was easy, and I suggested a reason why it might not be what Anet wants. I don't work for Anet. They don't base any decision on anything I say or don't say. It was merely a suggestion based on my underrstanding of why changes were made. 

Anet ultimately decides if they can or can't add more choices. And I'm done with this conversation, so feel free to get the last word.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, RoastedBloop.9817 said:

Yeah, daily completion you get 30 additional AA. If wondering, a full weekly will net you about 420-30 AA, plus 10 laurels, so I can see why Vayne has a point as to why it is more profitable  

Looks like weekly will refresh when you finish one and get a new one, so in a way Vayne are correct that it is better to ignore daily and do as many weekly as possible to get either Gold or item from currency.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Looks like weekly will refresh when you finish one and get a new one, so in a way Vayne are correct that it is better to ignore daily and do as many weekly as possible to get either Gold or item from currency.

No weekly wont refresh you have the same 8 whole week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...