The Relics Do Nothing!

51 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi, have you checked the Known Issues thread to see if the issue you are experiencing is listed there? We have temporarily disabled effects on four runes due to an issue, but the others should be working. 

hi, I'm using Relic of Speed and it's not working under any circumstance.

I also tested Relic of the Thief and it seems to work only if I'm wearing all 6 armor pieces (with all the six runes). If I remove a piece of armor, it does nothing (which should be irrelevant since they're supposed to be a separate item now). It does add the "buff" on my buff list but my DPS remains the same.

Edited by Arianth Moonlight.6453
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:

They are just bad in general 

Bad would have been removing the 6th rune effect making tons of builds unviable.

This is worse: this is removing that 6th effec and replacing it for nerfed effects which still require a grind.

This was an hostile act against the players.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

All the relics seem weak and screw up existing builds. I'm sure there will be better craftable ones, but I think this is a symptom of poor game design that isn't going to stop with this failed expansion. I can almost see it going the way of EQ2 with nobody playing no matter how many free character boosts you give out.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

Pretty much. Anything for a bit of attention.

The attempt to destroy dozens of builds and force players to re-gear again while diminishing the daily rewards and simultaneously increase the amount of time wasted to get them is so puerile and so in line with korean grinders as Lost Ark is so blatant that doesn't even require any arguing.

Nothing providing from SotO increases the qol of the players in any form. Game will bleed causals faster tha Twitter beleds money; a bold move, lets see how it pays off!

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

The relic concept is great. Much better than having them tied to runes with specific stats. 

...BUT the implementation is bad. Almost all of the relic effects aren't good enough to consider. If nothing else, they should have created relics that duplicated exact 6 rune effects. I assume and hope this is something that will see rapid rebalances in a matter of weeks (not years). 

• Like 14
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

The attempt to destroy dozens of builds and force players to re-gear again while diminishing the daily rewards and simultaneously increase the amount of time wasted to get them is so puerile and so in line with korean grinders as Lost Ark is so blatant that doesn't even require any arguing.

Nothing providing from SotO increases the qol of the players in any form. Game will bleed causals faster tha Twitter beleds money; a bod move, lets see how it pays off!

Yup, the Lost Ark mention is on point, and I was thinking how this game is trying to mimic Lost Ark in bleeding players by jerking them around. Is there some race to the bottom in the game industry that I am unaware of? Devs seeing if they can "one up" other devs in annoying players? Mind boggling.

Naturally, you'll still get the same defenders carrying the water for these guys no matter what. Addiction and tribalism is strong with some. These people remind me of voters in places like San Fran and Chicago that keep watching their cities go down the drain yet sit there saying "this is fine" and keep voting for the same people destroying their once great cities with horrific policies. 

• Like 11
  • Confused 2

I really don't understand any of this, But Thank you, I cant figure out how to do these dailies now, I don't want to play anymore if my Husband and I cant do our dailies together, I am disappointed in the decision they have made, I personally feel Like they should have kept our dailies and turned the wizards volley into a bonus for those that want to grind for the Astral Acclaim token for the wizards vault.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Relic of Speed works for me in Pve/WvW

Keep in mind that Movement Speed is capped at 400 units per second and the normal swiftness already brings you to 391 u/s ouf of combat.
So the Relic of Speed out of combat is only 3% faster than the usual Swiftness, thus barely noticeable. You have to test it in combat.

I didn't test the Pvp version so far, so I can't comment on that.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

Keep in mind that Movement Speed is capped at 400 units per second and the normal swiftness already brings you to 391 u/s ouf of combat.
So the Relic of Speed out of combat is only 3% faster than the usual Swiftness, thus barely noticeable. You have to test it in combat.

ah, ok... So like not being slowed when you enter combat, right?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

ah, ok... So like not being slowed when you enter combat, right?

When you enter combat you move with 210 u/s, so much slower than out of combat. Then it's 279 with the normal swiftness and 348 with the relic.
The difference of the Relic of Speed should be noticable during combat.

4 hours ago, Zephyrus.9680 said:

The relic concept is great. Much better than having them tied to runes with specific stats. 

...BUT the implementation is bad. Almost all of the relic effects aren't good enough to consider. If nothing else, they should have created relics that duplicated exact 6 rune effects. I assume and hope this is something that will see rapid rebalances in a matter of weeks (not years). 

Agreed. I haven't opened my relic boxes yet because I don't know what to pick, but from what others are saying many of the relics aren't very useful and many of the 6th bonus effect haven't been replaced with something equivalent. At least as far as people have been able to find out yet.

Edited by willow.8209
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

When you enter combat you move with 210 u/s, so much slower than out of combat. Then it's 279 with the normal swiftness and 348 with the relic.
The difference of the Relic of Speed should be noticable during combat.

Hmm... you might be right, but your numbers still does not add up. After applying relic it says swiftness gives +99% speed,g so if base is 210, and cap is 400, then you should move with 400 not 348. Additionally, there is visual bug with the numbers because even though the skill shows me +99% on swiftness, after application the boot itself says only +33%. Something is definietely wrong here.