Wizard's vault sucks

I used to log in almost every day, just to see what the dailies were. For over 10 years! And 9 time out of 10, I could find at least 3 things I could do. Now I feel like it's not worth bothering.

edit - I just did today's PvE dailies. Not horrible, but I really would like some choice. I had to wait for the reset for my selections to reset and I'll have to wait until Monday for the weekly to reset 😞 You should be able to change your selection, even if it wiped any previous progress.

edit...again - So maybe I'm just an ol' geezer who don't like change, lol! I'll admit I'm having fun with the new system and I like the new rewards. I've gotten 4 dailies almost every day and even completed some weeklies and ONE seasonal one :~ The 5th daily helps. Alot. And it's nice they give additional acclaim for doing the extra. 

Edited by Aejon.2837
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/22/2023 at 3:07 PM, Image.8630 said:

Quite,  I don't do pvp or wvw so no more daily for me.... when there are no new stuff I guess i wont even bother loggin in.  👎🙁   It was fine before, dont fix what isn't broken. BAD move there Anet.

It's astounding the number of people who couldn't read a sentence of text before starting their dailies. You get to pick what mix of pve, wvw, and pvp you want. So far the dailies have actually been easier to accomplish with just pve than they were before.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

You get to pick what mix of pve, wvw, and pvp you want.

I did this and chose only one game mode... but... I had to do all 3 game modes today.   It was not something that I missed, I read everything, checked and unchecked the boxes and I was still faced with having to do something I did not want to do... So NO CHOICE AT ALL.

I think the issue is that people have to choose today what they do tomorrow. This is stupid. You should be able to choose TODAY what you do TODAY!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

It's astounding the number of people who couldn't read a sentence of text before starting their dailies. You get to pick what mix of pve, wvw, and pvp you want. So far the dailies have actually been easier to accomplish with just pve than they were before.

Nah they are not easier before you had 4 pve, 4 wvw  and 4 spvp.

Now you hhave 3 pve or 3 wvw or 3 spvp or a mix of 3 bettwen then.

So yea it was easier to do before since some none pve ones were just  standing in a monument in wvw, kill 1 veteran sentry/creature in wvw or kill 3 spvp players in a costum arena.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

To get Gift of Battle I would do a some of the WvW dailies, like Ruins, kill the Vet or Doliak, when ever they showed.  But now  I can't since I wont know if any of those will be in the daily. I managed to do the pve dailies Tuesday, (4/4  not 3 like before) and it was a pain.  Why only dailies in the new map too?  What happens with ppl who don't have the expansion or are low levels?  This change did not improve anything. ☹️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

No, you don't get to pick.  You get a list of 4 things you must accomplish or no daily reward.

Let's say you pick PVE and WvW. Then you have to complete all the 4 dailies selected FOR YOU BY ANET, not "by you" as before in the previous dailies system.

I did not like what came up the first day for my account. But when I went to my second account, and picked just PVE, the choices FOR ME BY ANET were completely different from the previous account (the 2PVE ones from the previous account were not there) and just as annoying.

One of the dailies was to complete a Kryptis Bounty Event, with no explanation of where to find it, on DAY 1 of the expansion, and nothing in the wiki, of course, because we don't want spoilers. That was a crappy choice to force on a person on day one. I asked around and no one had an answer.

I think the vault idea is a good one, but the implementation is rather unfinished and as currently working, diminishes the game, and discourages players (as all the negative comments reflect).

And the kicker is that if you uncheck one of the three types, it doesn't take effect until the next reset. And if you uncheck WvW, then tomorrow you might lose out on a daily that you could accomplish, while picking up PVE ones that you cannot.

Please give us back choices, and eliminate the "locked out until tomorrow" checkboxes.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Nah they are not easier before you had 4 pve, 4 wvw  and 4 spvp.

Now you hhave 3 pve or 3 wvw or 3 spvp or a mix of 3 bettwen then.

So yea it was easier to do before since some none pve ones were just  standing in a monument in wvw, kill 1 veteran sentry/creature in wvw or kill 3 spvp players in a costum arena.

Now you are forced feed with JP even when you pick only PvE and WvW. Which take more time to finish then when you could pick PvE (and avoid JP) or WvW (and avoid JP in WvW).

This Vault thing make it useless to play on account without SoTO. On my other account with SoTO I could finish all four task (and ignore JP), but not on the account without SoTO where I had Vexa Lab as only option left. It seem that what you will have as daily task is different on accounts and make it hard to plan compared to the old system where one knew in advance which daily that would be next.

Both account have the same setting PvE and WvW, only PvP are unticked and still I have different JP for PvE.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Pretty Much the whole thing is like this.  I wont get any rewards because I wont do most of the force-fed accomplishments they foist on us.  Truth is, MOST of this game totally sucks, and is poorly implemented, so I dont play those parts.  So now they ripped out most of the small parts I actually liked, and I think the time has come to tell them to shove it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Image.8630 said:

To get Gift of Battle I would do a some of the WvW dailies, like Ruins, kill the Vet or Doliak, when ever they showed.  But now  I can't since I wont know if any of those will be in the daily. I managed to do the pve dailies Tuesday, (4/4  not 3 like before) and it was a pain.  Why only dailies in the new map too?  What happens with ppl who don't have the expansion or are low levels?  This change did not improve anything. ☹️

Those potions are no longer obtainable, you must spend time in WvW. That said, the tracks progress much quicker, especially if you spend a lot of time in WvW in one week, as the Pip tracks give you way more Reward Track progress.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

i left them all ticked specifically because I did read it and I normally play across all game types.

However I'm very unhappy with the lack of choices, so I immediately wanted to change to PvE since there are fewer PvE assignments that I would usually not be able to complete at all. 

They shouldn't spring a new system at us with no warning and still not allow a re-roll. At least 1 at the first login since update. 

But it's a terrible system for people who were enjoying their choices, like me. Or sometimes do extra for the chest of small things just for a feeling of accomplishment, or because of wanting a little chest of ore or whatever, even if it makes no meaningful progress towards the longterm goals of laurels and mystic coin (ascended trinkets and infusions/ legendary/ <80 feast recipe... oof one of these things is not like the others lol)

Edited by willow.8209
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Moi.5013 said:

[...] New system is fine...it makes you play the game (GASP!)

Seriously? Didn't notice ppl hunting daily bounty were doing also side events or meta. The pattern remain same. Complete daily and go do something else. They just reduced it to exactly these 3 daily tasks. 

Open your eyes.. They took you freedom of choice. Before that you have option to complete 3 of 12 tasks and now you have complete these 4 (3) for your daily 1 gold reward. Here is first loss of 1g. Sure, you can trade it for AA. It's same for mystic coins, you can trade it but... there is a gap how many you can buy. In total you are loosing money.

If you play often, you probably don't see the problem. I am playing aprox. 3 hours weekly and it fkng mathers what I'll do in my play time. I was used to do daily for 2g, get occasionally mystic coins for login and save them for legendary or sell it if I needed golds. It tooks aprox 15 minutes then I can do whatever I want to do. With the new system I won't a) even bother do daily or b) do daily and quit.

Completing map events, killing world bosses, mobs etc. won't balance gold loose from this change. 

In total, you are loosing freedom and its all about to reduce income you make. 

Edited by melisek.6089
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

So far the pros and cons of the Wizard's Vault are as follows (in my honest opinion)

Pros: 

You can choose your rewards (no more useless stuff from Daily login)

Cons:

Lack of elasticity (The system forces you into doing stuff you either had not discovered or do not wanna play. The whole "self-paced" thing that kept me playing Guild Wars 2 is out of the window now)

The cons is basically a buzzkill for me. Cause untill the last exp I had an option of doing 3 sets of dailies. and within each of those choices i had a list of 4 tasks, from which i could still chose, which 3 of the 4 I can afford to do (time-wise). Now the all the choices regarding self-paces gameplay with this system are gone, and I am sent hunting stuff in the Horn of Maguma (wherever the hell that is, cause i did not even finish EOD storyline and starting SOTO now would be a strange thing to do story-wise).

Conclusion:

This Wizard Vault thing is a underdeveloped, not very though over, not user friendly interface that does not encourage daily gameplay. For at least 3 years i was trying to log in for a bit every day., often just for the dailies. Now I just check them, go "meh" and close the game all together, because i know i won't have the time. to do all or any of those.

P.S. Never complained about any thing Anet implemented, but this one thing just makes me angry

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, wmtyrance.3571 said:

Has anyone figured out how much gold you lost monthly with this new system.? You used to get stacks of mystic cions but not anymore.

you used to get 20 mystic coins per month, now you get 60 mystic coins.  the vault resets in 75 days as of now so less than 3 months.  seems better for mystic coins to me.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, wmtyrance.3571 said:

Has anyone figured out how much gold you lost monthly with this new system.? You used to get stacks of mystic cions but not anymore.

If you play every day (or at least will be able to do all the weeklies every week), and have progressed the story to the point you can do the SotO-related specials you should actually be somewhat ahead compared to the previous system (although it's not so clear-cut, as it can't really calculate loss of stuff like WvW/SPvP reward potions, or random black lion goodies from daily logins). Notice, though that the average player does not play as much throughout the week. Not a problem to me, but a lot of players will be negatively impacted. And no, i am not talking here about alt account farmers (i understand why Anet might not want those - although there were likely far better methods for dealing with it, like not allowing the bug with heroic edition code in the first place) .

Basically, rewards aren't bad (although i'd still like to have in the acclaim shop some stuff i could get before, but no longer can), but the amount of effort required to get them is incomparably higher. Also, there's the not so small issue of having no choice at all when doing dailies.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, melisek.6089 said:

Seriously? Didn't notice ppl hunting daily bounty were doing also side events or meta. The pattern remain same. Complete daily and go do something else. They just reduced it to exactly these 3 daily tasks. 

Open your eyes.. They took you freedom of choice. Before that you have option to complete 3 of 12 tasks and now you have complete these 4 (3) for your daily 1 gold reward. Here is first loss of 1g. Sure, you can trade it for AA. It's same for mystic coins, you can trade it but... there is a gap how many you can buy. In total you are loosing money.

If you play often, you probably don't see the problem. I am playing aprox. 3 hours weekly and it fkng mathers what I'll do in my play time. I was used to do daily for 2g, get occasionally mystic coins for login and save them for legendary or sell it if I needed golds. It tooks aprox 15 minutes then I can do whatever I want to do. With the new system I won't a) even bother do daily or b) do daily and quit.

Completing map events, killing world bosses, mobs etc. won't balance gold loose from this change. 

In total, you are loosing freedom and its all about to reduce income you make. 

Did you know that by doing daily for a single day, you could get 65aa, enough to buy 10g, plus the 1g from the daily, so 11g for a single daily day, if you want. 

Better than 2g if you ask me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

@Shuzuru.3651 with much time effort, for me as I can't no longer choose which task I will do. Omg need 1000 exps for finishing that trait. So gambling..

Anyway I was able to login at the morning for 20minutes before I go to work and do daily. After that I logged at the evening and just play wvw or story. But I could decide which daily I am gonna do. Based od my preferences (mostly skipped activites in HoT)

Edited by melisek.6089
  • Like 1