Daily Assignment Question

Ashen.2907

Prior to SotO launch I could choose which dailies to complete from among up to 12 options. Now it seems I am assigned three specific dailies to complete. Am I missing other options? I used to pick mostly from WvW but would also do those in some of my favorite zones. Dodging three attacks while killing five guards at a WvW camp completed my dailies in 30 seconds. If that is all there is to the new iteration of dailies then I don't see how this is intended to drive engagement.

Please tell me that I am missing something. I am more than happy to be ridiculed as that guy who completely overlooked an obvious tab or check box or something. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Prior to SotO launch I could choose which dailies to complete from among up to 12 options. Now it seems I am assigned three specific dailies to complete. Am I missing other options? I used to pick mostly from WvW but would also do those in some of my favorite zones. Dodging three attacks while killing five guards at a WvW camp completed my dailies in 30 seconds. If that is all there is to the new iteration of dailies then I don't see how this is intended to drive engagement.

Please tell me that I am missing something. I am more than happy to be ridiculed as that guy who completely overlooked an obvious tab or check box or something. 

You're not missing anything. It sounds like the new system is either bugged or garbage.

4 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Also, I don't see an option to get WvW reward track potions from doing dailies (either directly or via spending Astral Acclaim) any longer. Again, am I missing something or is this intended?

They removed WvW and PvP reward track potions from the game (the acquisition of them anyways). You can no longer get them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Also, I don't see an option to get WvW reward track potions from doing dailies (either directly or via spending Astral Acclaim) any longer. Again, am I missing something or is this intended?

The got rid of the pots.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/135419-game-update-notes-august-22-2023/#comment-1967292

PvP and WvW Reward Potions Update

Potions of WvW Rewards and Potions of PvP Reward are no longer obtainable by players.

• Any potions that players currently possess can still be consumed.
  • Recipes for guild hall upgrades requiring the potions have been changed.
  • Instant reward track progress granted through the WvW skirmish reward track has been increased.
  • Instant reward track progress has been added to PvP rank-up chests, starting at rank 30.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

They removed WvW and PvP reward track potions from the game (the acquisition of them anyways). You can no longer get them.

I'm going to miss those potions. I still have a stack of 80 saved up in case there was ever going to be a new track I wanted to finish immediately. I guess I'll hold on to them now as a memento of better days. 😢

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I'm going to miss those potions. I still have a stack of 80 saved up in case there was ever going to be a new track I wanted to finish immediately. I guess I'll hold on to them now as a memento of better days. 😢

I think I have 330 or so built up. I was saving them to quickly finish tracks released today (haven't heard anything on forums yet about new tracks). 

It never occurred to me they'd be removed. I have no idea why that decision was made.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Edit: Maybe you missed that not everyone is getting the same tasks now.

Oh wow. So getting a group of guildies together to do dailies and/or weeklies in WvW is no longer rewarded. My guild did this as a group activity most days. Not sure how taking away common goals will be a positive for us. 

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Oh wow. So getting a group of guildies together to do dailies and/or weeklies in WvW is no longer rewarded. My guild did this as a group activity most days. Not sure how taking away common goals will be a positive for us. 

It appears that people who own the exact combination of expansions and pick the exact combination out of PvE, WvW and PvP, do get the same dailies, so I've been a bit premature. Still, this makes it hard to do dailies together for many people.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

It's not totally unique. I had a daily to do the Zen Daiju mini dungeon and a weekly to do Professor Portmatt's Lab (or maybe it was the other way around?) and there were lots of people at both doing it for the Wizard's Vault.

1 minute ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It's not totally unique. I had a daily to do the Zen Daiju mini dungeon and a weekly to do Professor Portmatt's Lab (or maybe it was the other way around?) and there were lots of people at both doing it for the Wizard's Vault.

I am sure that the system will be assigning from a finite list, but if youv'e got half a dozen people in squad in WvW and no more than two have the same dailies it will be a real hit to group cohesion.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, idpersona.3810 said:

I think I have 330 or so built up. I was saving them to quickly finish tracks released today (haven't heard anything on forums yet about new tracks). 

It never occurred to me they'd be removed. I have no idea why that decision was made.

So glad I got about 1k of each chest in my bank.