I lost my +10% maximum health bonus with SofO release. How do I get it back?

1 hour ago, Lana Del Bae.7156 said:

It's happened to everyone dont worry, but in some way maybe thats a good thing...

Well. It's not. I play Elementalist. The profession with low armor and the lowest health pool in game. I really appreciated the +10% maximum health.

I payed good money for the expansion. Ultimate on two accounts. And right now, instead of feeling happy with the new maps I feel disappointed because the (legendary) rune downgrade and the fact that right now at launch I apparently cannot even replace the option I already had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

overall a huge nerf in variety and abilities

I'd think the opposite.

Now runes with a sucky bonus got interesting. And runes with everything sucky but the bonus have a higher variety because you can use the bonus elsewhere.

I'm testing the speed relic on my scholar runes in wvw. 66% speed instead of 33% on herald. And I don't even need to use the garbage runes the bonus stuck before with.

(Ofc it's not my final setting, but until they release something else to my liking or something becomes meta I can test around with the masses of relics we got for the start)

14 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Most of relics are so bad that everyone will run the same 2-3 forever

Well isn't that the result of efficient builds?

I use metabattle for my open world and wvw builds and there everything running on power is berserker +scholar runes.
I actually never liked the bonus of that rune.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I wasn't expected the surprise nerf on my build, but turns out the vampire capstone ability was responsible for a lot of my sustain as it turns out haha.

I like the idea of the relics, and some of them are really unique, but I am really hoping that alot of the abilities not currently there get added (and I hope the change citadel as the new one is objectively worse then the old one)

5 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I use metabattle for my open world and wvw builds and there everything running on power is berserker +scholar runes.
I actually never liked the bonus of that rune.

I don't do instanced content. In PvP, the runes and sigils were nerfed along the history of the game so hard that in the last year 70-80% of the builds only ran Divinity rune not beacuse was good, but since everything else was garbage. Now the same will happen at PvE: only scholar or eagle for power builds. The difference was that in open world and WvW was plenty of variety: Leadership for more boon duration, Nightmare for more condi damage, Durability for better sustain, trapper for stealth, Fireworks for boon procs + mobility....  Now that variety is gone: everyone is running antitox in PvP and you can expect 1 or 2 more in PvE and that's all since most of relecis do nothing, the same as PvP runes outside Divinity did nothing.

Also, most of pugs will run at PvE with the relic slot empty...

• Confused 1

Honestly, I hate almost everything about the new expansion. The killing off my fave stuff that kept me alive, like +10 health, the hellish navigation to events in the maps, the new NPC 'friends', the story, almost everything is bad, IMO. If I didn't have to try to understand the new builds, I would wish I never bought it. But I can't wish that cause it impacts my whole game now. I'm so disappointed, I'm looking for my new favorite game now. Never thought I'd say that, but my old guild just went hardcore, and now with this, the feels are really bad

Edited by misanthropic.8275
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2023 at 8:37 PM, Buran.3796 said:

Now the same will happen at PvE: only scholar or eagle for power builds.

It's been scholar runes for the 3 years I play. For every power build on any class.
Berserker + scholar +5% dmg sigil (+power infusions). (In wvw you may use marauder or similar instead of berserker or mix it, but my guild wants me in berserker anyway)
And that without nerfs.

Eagle is out of question, only scholar.

Anything else is only suggested as budget rune, aka you are too poor (or to stingy) to buy the correct stuff, so you and your team have to manage with the 2nd choice (or worse).

But now, deadeye and dragonhunter runes are very interesting too. Their useless bonus has gone. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune (filter the popular power, ferocity)
Dragonhunter rune got a good ferocity boost and deadeye got precision added.
Their useless 'when using a trap' and 'when using a cantip' bonuses are gone.
Looks like they raised in price too. The dragonhunter one is on par with scholar rune.

A budget rune would be the ogre one.

On 8/23/2023 at 8:37 PM, Buran.3796 said:

Now that variety is gone: everyone is running antitox in PvP

Has been meta for condi builds in wvw before too.
My cele anti toxin condi wvw chars are 1-2 years old.
Since wvw differs in roaming, small teamplay and large teamplay there are still differences in builds with different runes. There are more first choices.
The sunless and the Orr runes are better than the antitoxin rune. The Orr rune can be bought with dungeon currency. The stuff you get from dungeon reward tracks.

Trapper and torment should be a thing for pve. Trapper was useless before. Now it does not live up to its name.

I'm surprised they even kept the runes and didn't reduce them.

They may as well invent a system with a pool of points and every player can build their own runeset.

39 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

It's been scholar runes for the 3 years I play. For every power build on any class.
Berserker + scholar +5% dmg sigil (+power infusions). (In wvw you may use marauder or similar instead of berserker or mix it, but my guild wants me in berserker anyway)
And that without nerfs.

Eagle is out of question, only scholar.

Anything else is only suggested as budget rune, aka you are too poor (or to stingy) to buy the correct stuff, so you and your team have to manage with the 2nd choice (or worse).

Runes are meaningless now: they are just two atributes stacking 400 stat points. They should have to delete them and integrate the numbers in the armor and trinkets: they no longer provide any effect.

If you run power, you run Scholar unless your spec doesn't top the crit cap; then you use eagle runes until you notice you made a mistake selecting your class so you rerroll to a good one. In instanced PvE (which is a niche game mode).

...But in Opem World solo PvE (which is what most of the player do) Scholar was garbage and most of the raid builds were garbage. That's wehere Tormenting runes, Fireworks, Blathazar and other non meta runes (for raids) shine. Now they are gone, and the relics are just atrocious: they are less than half of the runes, and 95% of them are entirely useless in any game mode. And since they are so bad and so few will find any use, the few that will be used will end nerfed "beacuse they are OP".

Look at PvP: year and half with Divinity rune filling 80% of builds, was OP? No. Is just that everything else was so putrid and niche that was the only one oto bring a benefit. If runes had a weight as in Skyrim, peple won't put them in their armors due being a useless encumbering burden. 

So here are now: runes are at PvE as useless as in PvP, the dead game mode. And 0 diversity/theoricrafting since relics sucks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Runes are meaningless now: they are just two atributes stacking 400 stat points. They should have to delete them and integrate the numbers in the armor and trinkets: they no longer provide any effect.

Yes and no. The spam of runes has become unnecessary.

Even if certain items are meta, not everyone plays meta with all their chars, right?

I'll stick to tinkering myself.
All runes that follow a fixed pattern could be offered as a template to fill it yourself. (If as trinket or the 7 runes, doesn't matter, but I'd rather drop the breather)

Not all just have 400 stats. There are different patterns.
And for the more lazy, uncreative and the newbies can the current runes be offered as templates. Maybe in the way to filter like the runes wiki page.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Sad 1