be sure to bump this topic and let me know when someone that cares about pvp gets hired

till then im out final nail in the coffin, stood my ground didn't buy the last expansion in protest and now not only am i not buying this new one but im just not going to play anymore one less pvp body to fill rooms.

will be interested in returning if they get their acts together but they have shown that they actively are hating the pvp community.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

The last two...so you haven't bought any xpac? Rocking sPvP on core like a hipster?

No, I have PoF and Heart of Thorns.  I just didn't enjoy that content.  I was a Deadeye for several years. I also sometimes play Spellbreaker, soul beast, and Chronomancer. I mainly play Core Guard Support. When I play Thief I play SPvP I play Daredevil.

Like HoT was just a 9 layer Vertical and Horizontal Maze with Eliter Snipers who can pretty much instantly one shot you if you touch the little red line.

PoF was Content Gate hell.  "You want to jump that Canyon and get that mastery point?  Sorry, comback in 13 hours when your raptor is level 3.

It just wasn't fun.  Why should I pay for another 2 expantion packs when I didn't enjoy the first 2?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Irastira.8643 said:

TBH, I have no idea who you are.  I doubt you leaving will effect the PvP lobby at all.

Guild Wars fame; whatever that is, does not make anyone more or less important

"Thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty, but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbor." 🙏

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

"Thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty, but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbor." 🙏

You brought the discussion, not me.

I don't know if I would be quoting a A system that treated women at best like Slaves and at worst like Objects for several thousand years.

I don't know if I would be quoting a source that endorses the idea that a 14-year-old girl should be forced to married to a 40 year old man.

Your own religious leaders don't even follow the religious text.  "Live a life a modesty"-God, but paraphrased.  Meanwhile The pope has like 3 Lamboriginis,  5 private Jets, Dressed head to toe in the finest fabric, Decorated head to toe in Shiny gold and prescious Gemstones. Because his position of power demands it.  Wherever he goes, Dude is caked in Luxury, 5 Star restraunts, being handed expensive cars, Dude makes like a 10 Million $ which he uses to Not pay Taxes.

Why didn't he Stop the injustice of the Salem Witch Trials.  If Gods exists, Why didn't he put an end to the Crusades?  Even the represenatives of God, don't believe God is real.  If they did, Why did they let the Crown bully them. Because they had no Faith God was there, no Faith God would protect them if he was, and no faith in eternal happiness if they all died.

Why don't you research what your religion did to the Pagan people?  I doubt you know anything about that at all.

Keep your nonsense to yourself.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

let him be ignorant

5 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

This game mode will never get better as long as conquest is the only option. This game mode is doomed since there has been no change in 10 years. Anet is kittenen dumb as a bag of nails for thinking otherwise.

there is stronghold hehe i actually didnt mind it to bad it only had one map for all these years but i assume you mean in ranked which stronghold used to be a part of as well but now is not.

20 hours ago, Stallic.2397 said:

I didn't buy either. Not until I see some actual balancing 

that was the biggest part of my protest

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Irastira.8643 said:

I don't know if I would be quoting a A system that treated women at best like Slaves and at worst like Objects for several thousand years.

I don't know if I would be quoting a source that endorses the idea that a 14-year-old girl should be forced to married to a 40 year old man.

Your own religious leaders don't even follow the religious text.  "Live a life a modesty"-God, but paraphrased.  Meanwhile The pope has like 3 Lamboriginis,  5 private Jets, Dressed head to toe in the finest fabric, Decorated head to toe in Shiny gold and prescious Gemstones. Because his position of power demands it.  Wherever he goes, Dude is caked in Luxury, 5 Star restraunts, being handed expensive cars, Dude makes like a 10 Million $ which he uses to Not pay Taxes.

Why didn't he Stop the injustice of the Salem Witch Trials.  If Gods exists, Why didn't he put an end to the Crusades?  Even the represenatives of God, don't believe God is real.  If they did, Why did they let the Crown bully them. Because they had no Faith God was there, no Faith God would protect them if he was, and no faith in eternal happiness if they all died.

Why don't you research what your religion did to the Pagan people?  I doubt you know anything about that at all.

Yo what lmao

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Irastira.8643 said:

TBH, I have no idea who you are.  I doubt you leaving will effect the PvP lobby at all.

🤔

Faith is more than a religious concept and blindly believing in something. It is a mindset, and a way of living. It choosing to believe in something, even when that something seems impossible. It is about trusting in the inherent good of the world, and living by a moral code of truth, kindness, and honour, unfettered by selfish delusion. Faith is the first brushstroke on a canvas; the first step in creating a beautiful painting not yet seen.

Faith comes from an inherent desire of every human being to believe in something greater than themselves. To have solace in the darkness, and light unto their path. As readily as one can have faith in a higher power; one can also have faith in themselves, and in others. Our abilities and our potential, and that there is a greater purpose to the struggles we endure. What else is there but mere existence?

Not out to convert you or ramble about the Lord, just saying you might consider having a little more faith in your peers. Understand we all make mistakes and that we should all be treated to a certain level of dignity and respect. If you're going to pass judgement on someone for what they wrote, consider their words first and not their social status.

2 hours ago, Shadow Dragon.1469 said:

let him be ignorant

I appreciate you and your thread. This has given me a lot to include in my prayers tonight. Bless you, and wherever your path may bring you, I hope you arrive in peace, joy, and love. 🙏

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Irastira.8643 said:

You ok? 💀

when they said "dont let someone's status create an unjust bias in how you interpret the words coming out of their mouth", I don't think they were asking for a demonstration in how one might go about doing that. 

People being hypocritical, at least in this instance, is way outside the scope of this thread. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

You ok? 💀

when they said was "dont let someone's status create an unjust bias in how you interpret the words coming out of their mouth", I don't think they were asking for a demonstration in how one might go about doing that. 

People being hypocritical, at least in this instance, is way outside the scope of this thread. 

Which was my point.  the GW2 forms is not the place to go spreading your Religion, Politics, or Philosophy.  These are outside the scope of the game and the thread.  If I wanted to have some one else point of view shoved in my face, I'd go to church.

27 minutes ago, atshadow.8695 said:

tbh a pvper proclaiming not buying SOTO out of protest probably enforces their opinion that sPVP is a waste of resources lmao

Lets buy SotO! That will teach them a lesson >:D   /s

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Irastira.8643 said:

Which was my point.  the GW2 forms is not the place to go spreading your Religion, Politics, or Philosophy.  These are outside the scope of the game and the thread.  If I wanted to have some one else point of view shoved in my face, I'd go to church.

Religion and politics I can understand, but like 99% of the content in the pvp subforum is some kind of philosophy, usually related to profession balance in my experience. If not, why else are we here? It's not like Anet is listening to a thing that gets posted here unless they intend to promptly remove it for badspeak.

It could even be reasonably argued that you were exercising your own philosophy in your original quote where you stated status = importance. This is a 'might makes right' philosophy, one I'm all too familiar with after listening to my in-game character scream it for hours on end.

So it can't be argued that it is outside the scope of the thread. I think it's more likely that you just don't want to hear it; which is fine, that's your prerogative. It is mine to reassure people that they do have value, especially in PvP where we're starved for players and all too full of arrogant frat kids that think their rating in ranked gives them an excuse to mock & belittle others. It does not. That toxic mindset is what pushes people away from PvP, no matter their level of experience.

• Like 1

Just now, Sahne.6950 said:

There is alot of other good games ^^

I enjoy gw2 tbh but i'm nowhere near a top tier competitive player I understand that it can be frustrating after a decade, though.

the pro's of still being somewhat new I suppose is that you aren't jaded by nearly 10 years of, supposedly, bad decisions(as I understand from other forum posters atleast.)

• Like 1