As a WvW only player is Soto worth buying?

devious.4605

46 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Well it says it has a 3sec cooldown. 🤷‍♂️ In a group setting I can imagine might is easy to spam and keep up. So you get mabon which lasts 8sec, then you get past 10 stacks of might which then gets the 25% bonus for another 8sec, then you lose all the might stacks, 3sec later mabon is back on, but by then you could be back to 10 stacks of might and repeat the process.

oh i haven't actually tested it but i didn't know it works like that, i thought you get a mabon stack and you need 10 of those, getting 1 stack every 3 seconds so once about every 30 sec you get the boost this kinda changes things but then your might stacks would go up and down all the time... not that it is a problem but hmm this is worth trying out now

nvm i got the relic to test it and yes, you get a stack only once every 3 sec while you are above 10 stacks of might, so you have to stay above 10 stacks for about 30 seconds to get 10 stacks of the relic, on 10 relic stacks you get 8 seconds of boosted might and after that lose all might stacks and start stacking the relic for another 30 sec, which as i said rounded is roughly equal to a passive 60 power/condi damage increase if you permanently have 25 stacks of might through the fight absolute dog kitten...

28 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

nvm i got the relic to test it and yes, you get a stack only once every 3 sec while you are above 10 stacks of might, so you have to stay above 10 stacks for about 30 seconds to get 10 stacks of the relic, on 10 relic stacks you get 8 seconds of boosted might and after that lose all might stacks and start stacking the relic for another 30 sec, which as i said rounded is roughly equal to a passive 60 power/condi damage increase if you permanently have 25 stacks of might through the fight absolute dog kitten...

Oh bleh, sounds terrible then, I really hate the lack of description on these relics. They need to fix the description of that one, because it didn't sound like mabon strength you get stacks for, just assumed it was the stacks of might, and waiting 30sec for it to fully power up lmao, that's only useful on bosses maybe, but who wouldn't be using 10% strike damage relics instead in that case.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 2

On 8/24/2023 at 6:19 PM, VoxShatterfall.5470 said:

The weapon master is an account perk you can unlock after ch3 I believe.  GS heralds are doing work I hear.  Other than that, and relics, I don't think you need it for anything else in WvW.

"account perk" is a sugar coated words, I like to call the unfinished (need 4 quarterly updates to conclude the expansion) + features lacking + all the half finish changes (rune, relic) + bug fest release of a game as early access game.

• Confused 1