New daily is so bad that it cured my addiction to the old one.

It had opposite effect on me. I never bothered to do dailes as I felt I gained nothing (2 gold and 10 ap was not worth it to me), but now I get them just by playing my normal gameplay. If there is one I don't get by normal gameplay, I actually feel I want to do it now. As I am interested in the skins in the shop and other items. And I'm happy I can now choose my rewards instead of getting several daily items during a month that I don't need or want. I wish there was a couple more choices to choose from when it comes to the daily ones, and I think it still needs some adjusting, but it's far from a game breaker to me.

Getting rewarded more for actual gameplay and not simply logging in and out is a good thing. This way it cannot be exploited as much anymore. You can still just log in and out, but it will give you less. At the same time it will give you more then the previous system if you actually play the game. If you give it some time and a chance, perhaps you will see the change is not as bad as you think. Maybe you'll even start to like it. You're free to feel however you feel about it though. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

It had opposite effect on me. I never bothered to do dailes as I felt I gained nothing (2 gold and 10 ap was not worth it to me), but now I get them just by playing my normal gameplay. If there is one I don't get by normal gameplay, I actually feel I want to do it now. As I am interested in the skins in the shop and other items. And I'm happy I can now choose my rewards instead of getting several daily items during a month that I don't need or want. I wish there was a couple more choices to choose from when it comes to the daily ones, and I think it still needs some adjusting, but it's far from a game breaker to me.

Getting rewarded more for actual gameplay and not simply logging in and out is a good thing. This way it cannot be exploited as much anymore. You can still just log in and out, but it will give you less. At the same time it will give you more then the previous system if you actually play the game. If you give it some time and a chance, perhaps you will see the change is not as bad as you think. Maybe you'll even start to like it. You're free to feel however you feel about it though. 

Glad it works for you but in many ways it does a much worse job of rewarding you for actually playing:

• Player mainly does PvE so has that selected but enjoys WvW and PvP every so often - no rewards for playing WvW and PvP because you have PvE selected. Old system rewarded you for playing all systems.
  • Player is used to doing dailies with friends and family - can't get rewards from playing together because everyone's dailies are different. Old system rewarded you for playing together on dailies.
  • Player plays PvE has purchased expansions to support Anet but is playing through story in order and only up to HoT or PoF (or worse Core) - can't get rewards much of the time because dailies are in new expansion maps they haven't gone to yet and don't want to visit because they won't want to spoil story. Old system had a little of this with HoT / PoF but was much better because it didn't include EoD and SOTO.

It's straight out worse in many ways.

Note that I'm fine with them improving the rewards. I'm also fine with them reducing the login rewards part of it so you actually need to play the game. But they have absolutely crippled the player's freedom in how they play towards the dailies.

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Glad it works for you but in many ways it does a much worse job of rewarding you for actually playing:

• Player mainly does PvE so has that selected but enjoys WvW and PvP every so often - no rewards for playing WvW and PvP because you have PvE selected. Old system rewarded you for playing all systems.
  • Player is used to doing dailies with friends and family - can't get rewards from playing together because everyone's dailies are different. Old system rewarded you for playing together on dailies.
  • Player plays PvE has purchased expansions to support Anet but is playing through story in order and only up to HoT or PoF (or worse Core) - can't get rewards much of the time because dailies are in new expansion maps they haven't gone to yet and don't want to visit because they won't want to spoil story. Old system had a little of this with HoT / PoF but was much better because it didn't include EoD and SOTO.

Note that I'm fine with them improving the rewards. I'm also fine with them reducing the login rewards part of it so you actually need to play the game. But they have absolutely crippled the player's freedom in how they play towards the dailies.

Valid points. And also why I said it still needs some adjustments and more choices when it comes to dailies. It is not a perfect system for sure. Hopefully they will adjust it and make it better for people who are struggling with these issues. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

Valid points. And also why I said it still needs some adjustments and more choices when it comes to dailies. It is not a perfect system for sure. Hopefully they will adjust it and make it better for people who are struggling with these issues. 

I mean, you make it sound like this was unexpected? That anet couldn't have predicted it? We've seen this design before. Yet another example of anet repeating the same mistakes.

Lets face it, the team that's left have no idea what they are doing. They're trying to reinvent aspects of the game, without either prior or current knowledge or experience.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Freya.9075 said:

Im on the same boat! This system is waaaaaaaaay better in almost every way than what we had before. People are only salty that they cant abuse the login reward anymote.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

Im on the same boat! This system is waaaaaaaaay better in almost every way than what we had before. People are only salty that they cant abuse the login reward anymote.

Before, I could choose between 12 daily options. Now it's 4. 

Before the patch, when one pve daily was a JP, I could just do an easy Wvw one instead. That's not an option anymore. I Need to do what Anet tell me to do or i'm ducked. 

Thats whats sucks. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

You can select for the rotation to have pve, pvp, and wvw options showing at the same time if you're looking for a mix.

As far as players having different options - 🤷‍♂️ I guess there's no point in playing for the fun of it while you help your friends and they help you.

The only actual valid point is the fact that options in the new content can derail a players ability to complete dailies/weeklies if they haven't made it that far yet...

Yeah, it's not bad - YOU just don't like it...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

Just now, Jianyu.7065 said:

You can select for the rotation to have pve, pvp, and wvw options showing at the same time if you're looking for a mix.

The change only takes effect NEXT reset.

So your are UTTERLY HAMSTERED this day or even this WEEK.

Like me.

This is objectively worse and you people KEEP defending it.

I guess you're just those happy people who you keep paying the same price for less content and LOVE IT!

gOoD FoR yOUUU

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Freya.9075 said:

This is how I feel.
I used to login every evening just to get that reward chest and then logout.

At least this way I can just roam around freely and get the rewards randomly -- at the same time I am not fussed about all rewards from the vault. I will just pick what I like and strive towards getting that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I don't find it bad to log in play 1 PvP match and kill 5 veteran enemies. The vets are trash mobs and not even tied to a map. Only bad thing that could happen is bad luck in PvP. The wins are included in the weekly though. (At the daily it was annoying sometimes - though in the old system you could do different stuff instead.) I don't see how I can fail to kill 3 players or get a top stat. Worst It would need more matches but focusing on getting kills is even possible in a match you lose big and for top stats I can try to run rezzes or go silly around capping ignoring defense to get the offensive one lol.

I have selected PvE/WvE and I have the login one + kill 5 vets (PvE), kill 3 players (PvP), get a top stats in a PvP match (PvP).
Yesterday it was play 1 PvP match (PvP), loot 10 trash mobs (PvE) and I forgot the last one. I think also a fast PvE one. A renown heart I think. Also easier since not tied to the maps. I ran the JP in the training area in Seitung twice. Then some painting and the training session that was up when I was there - (vs the trainer champ with the students). And finished.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

I mean, you make it sound like this was unexpected? That anet couldn't have predicted it? We've seen this design before. Yet another example of anet repeating the same mistakes.

Lets face it, the team that's left have no idea what they are doing. They're trying to reinvent aspects of the game, without either prior or current knowledge or experience.

How do I make it seem like it's unexpected? you should always expect the need for adjustments when you change mechanics within a game. Same as expecting bugs when new stories and maps are released. It doesn't mean it's bad. Balancing things like this with the amount of players with different needs and preferences is tough. Some people will like it and others will not. There is no way to cater to every player in an mmo as we are different. The system itself is better then the previous one. The need for adjustments (anet) and adapting (players) was expected on my part at least. I'm just lucky it doesn't affect me thus I'm happy about it. But I can understand the frustration on others part. 

Edited by Freya.9075
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

As far as players having different options - 🤷‍♂️ I guess there's no point in playing for the fun of it while you help your friends and they help you.

The only actual valid point is the fact that options in the new content can derail a players ability to complete dailies/weeklies if they haven't made it that far yet...

Yeah, it's not bad - YOU just don't like it...

No you dont get it all show at the same time.

You get 3 total dailys no matter if you have pve,wvw,spvp all ticked you dont get show 9 total of 3 each mate stop spreading missinformation.

If you have all 3 ticked you get 1 pve 1 wvw and 1 spvp its not better in any way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

Like me.

I guess you're just those happy people who you keep paying the same price for less content and LOVE IT!

gOoD FoR yOUUU

Okay, sure...but if you made that mistake - whose fault is that? I made that mistake myself and so did a bunch of other players I spoke with in game, but guess what - the information was clear about selecting which objectives you wanted to show up, and everyone I spoke with didn't blame the game and took accountability for their mistake. It's not worse - you made a mistake and so did many other players the only difference is in the accountability.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

No you dont get it all show at the same time.

You get 3 total dailys no matter if you have pve,wvw,spvp all ticked you dont get show 9 total of 3 each mate stop spreading missinformation.

If you have all 3 ticked you get 1 pve 1 wvw and 1 spvp its not better in any way.

When did I ever mention, or suggest, anything about there being 3 of each showing up? 

You know whats worse than misinformation - assuming I said something that fits YOUR own misinformed narrative so you can act like you're proving me wrong. The Diablo 4 forums are a better for you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

I agree and though I did then every day, I am enjoying the change in dailies.  I play solo, I found plenty of other players doing the same things as I had on my daily and weekly lists.  Lol heck we even kept dolyaks alive for once.  My dailies I knocked out in about the same time as usual, even with some vet killing lol, and the monthly I had finished off during my two hours of playing.  Worst part was my d/c during OS jp 😭

It feels like a mixture of people who don't like change (understandable....some of the rewards were good, but so help me if I got another repair canister), who have multiple accounts and are salty, and people who are in a huff because they might have to actually play the game a bit.  You had the illusion of choice before now but it was still three dailies, most of which you will be doing as you play.  

Older maps and WvW are empty because it's the first day of an expansion.  Seriously is the first time some have ever played a game on expansion day?   People are off playing the new content.  It will balance back out.  It's day one, give it a try, bend a little.  People ask for change....a griffon skin is a nice change, choosing rewards is a nice change.  My mystic clovers might be a bit of an extra step but I'll manage.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

Okay, sure...but if you made that mistake - whose fault is that?

The fault of the SUPERHAMSTER who suddenly made a win/loose situation out of something that never was supposed to be this stupid?

AND who's so bad at coding the whole soggy kitten is suddenly locked permanently until a krytan reset?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

Like me.

gOoD FoR yOUUU

Ya, I was unaware that you could change your choices- I dont pvp so I am done for the day and for the week-they should make it so you can pick and choose any 4 instead of pre-selecting the list-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Basically it's like choosing guild missions...you can opt out of PvP (or other modes), but if you don't yep you're stuck. Not sure how people miss this, other than in a hurry.  

I am curious as to what PvE only includes.  Is it mostly open world or does it add things like do a strike mission?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

Agreed.

They literally killed their game with this.

WvW is dead now.

F2P maps are dead now.

Jumping puzzles are dead now.

I won't bother to log in today for the first time since I returned a year and a half ago.

I was in a squad tonight and we got run over a few times by a map blob. In Desert bl.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

When did I ever mention, or suggest, anything about there being 3 of each showing up? 

You know whats worse than misinformation - assuming I said something that fits YOUR own misinformed narrative so you can act like you're proving me wrong. The Diablo 4 forums are a better for you.

You do know that this line can be miss read as you can see all 9 options at the same time right?

13 hours ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

• Like 1

This is a very non-rewarding system. Plus I don't do forced party content for personal reasons and of course fractals are on the weekly rewards. I'm glad I didn't splurge on the deluxe or ultra packages with real world money. I'm done spending any real world money on this game. This so called expansion is lower quality than even Icebrood Saga.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You do know that this line can be miss read as you can see all 9 options at the same time right?

No, I don't. Because I mention the rotation and it was quickly common knowledge that the daily rotation was only 3 tasks plus the daily...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1