What happens if I don't claim WV reward?

Old dudes (myself included) have now their answer: you'll lose the reward if you don't claim it.

I left both a weekly and daily reward to claim and today I still have the weekly reward unclaimed (as expected), but the daily one (the login) has been replaced with the new one, while the amount of astral coins remained the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I tried claiming the dailies, but not the completion chest - it was automatically claimed. The achievement however wasn't completed, so you lose the +10 AP.

They'll probably change it to automatically accept the dailies eventually. They should also allow the astral cap to overflow, only removing the excess when the vault refreshes.

Edited by Healix.5819
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I missed the first daily reward because of that.

I wasn't aware I have to click that chest.

Why is there so much clicking now anyway?

I presume the clicking is there so you don't "void" your AA by going overcap by accident.

The big flashy red dot on the vault icon is supposed to prevent you from forgetting about claiming them 🤔

So ... what is happening now - when you forget it? New set the next day I guess? And the unclaimed stuff gets lost. Would be weird if they kept the old set letting you click it (or do the ones you did not to yet, you might want to not do some on purpose if there is bad stuff you don't like to do in the selection).

The cap seems a thing yeah. I think it is pretty low. Now I need to be careful since I am at 9xx and want 1000 for one item. Can go only to 1300 I think and there is a permanent one I did not do for 500.

Tbh: I would prefer if they just dropped the cap. Then auto-collecting on that stuff. At least I'd like to have it seasonal - letting me farm acclaim and then use it at the end of the season. (Maybe resetting the counter after season end - but I bet some people would forget it than and then we'd have the next threads "lost 10k astral acclaim, forgot go buy stuff before season ended cause my cat died and I had to visit her in the hospital each day". 😄)

Edited by Luthan.5236

3 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

I presume the clicking is there so you don't "void" your AA by going overcap by accident.

I mean why not use a shaking chest like we all are used to?

Why click on every step? With bling sound.
It reminds me of these mobile phone games.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I mean why not use a shaking chest like we all are used to?

Why click on every step? With bling sound.
It reminds me of these mobile phone games.

That is from how Micro Transaction work in most Pay 2 Win MMOs. It forces user to claim each things and that way also to see what is MTX store.

I don't claim GW2 is P2W, but that is how it work in most games with a MTX system to force user to open MTX and see what is in there instead of getting reward automatically added to their Inventory (character or account). This creates what is called Fear of Missing Out or FOMO.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

That is from how Micro Transaction work in most Pay 2 Win MMOs. It forces user to claim each things and that way also to see what is MTX store.

I don't claim GW2 is P2W, but that is how it work in most games with a MTX system to force user to open MTX and see what is in there instead of getting reward automatically added to their Inventory (character or account). This creates what is called Fear of Missing Out or FOMO.

The problem with that to is for Anet to do the same shouldent we have to claim our daily bling in the gemstore to see all the buyable stuff like a mtx store?

What you can buy in the wizard vault cant be influenced by real life cash or in game gold.

So there is no reason for them to adapt the same tactic is there?

On 8/25/2023 at 8:54 PM, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Issue is with that one is that Wizards Vault is separate window to BLTC, and involves none of actually paid stuff.

I am still going to roll with them not wanting you to waste AA by overcapping, while not realizing that claiming manually each and every time will be tad more annoying for more users out there.....