I want my 2 Gold

6 minutes ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

YOU ACTUALLY CAN DO ALL DAILIES!

Which you very likely cannot, as we already found out in the first week of the new system.

Check the hamster forums here.

I never had a issue with a single daily yet. Its funny bc last night I did the mini dungeon vasburgh armory I think it was called? Everyone was saying its bugged, I went in and did it with no issues. People just didnt know you were suppose to interact with the 2 square stones next to the chests to put the runestones in before you can open the chest. I'm not saying its not a thing but I think its way overblown and a lot of it is just people doing it wrong.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

YOU ACTUALLY CAN DO ALL DAILIES!

Which you very likely cannot, as we already found out in the first week of the new system.

Check the hamster forums here.

No, quite literally NOT. Since you seem to be completely incapable of finding or doing the math on this yourself, allow me to break it down for your tiny, unhinged angry brain.

If you are one of the tryhards who does EVERYTHING for the full 11 weeks, you will earn a total of 14,760 AA, but we won't go by that margin since, as you have so poignantly made clear, most people won't do a full clear each quarter.

So let's look at the more reasonable number! If you JUST do the weeklies and specials each quarter, which are both incredibly easy to do and comparable to doing old dailies, you will earn 9,820 AA per quarter (which means that dailies account for LESS THAN HALF OF YOUR TOTAL AA).

It costs a total of 840 AA to buy the 90 discounted gold bags and the 20 black lion mastery coffers (1 gold each), which are the most cost effective JUST for raw gold. That's 110 gold for less than 1/10th of your AA, which is over half of the 2g per day you would earn in the old system over 3 months.

Now let's pretend for a second that you completely ignore any rewards that cannot directly be turned into gold (which you wouldn't do, but this is for science). Your next best bet after those first 2 things is mystic coins, which you can get 60 of (equivalent to 20 per month) for 9 AA each, 540 AA total. Current going price for MC is ~1.3g, which is an extra 78 gold. That puts our total gold up to 188g (8 more than old dailies would get you over 3 months) AND you still have 8,500 leftover to spend on whatever you want.

And that is JUST IF YOU DO WEEKLIES/SPECIALS and do ZERO dailies. You can earn 1g extra PER DAY from dailies. And more AA for MORE extra rewards.

Please explain how you think this is in any way worse value than before?

Edited by Darklord Roy.2514
Edited because I accidentally added an extra 0 in my math in one part
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

I never had a issue with a single daily yet. Its funny bc last night I did the mini dungeon vasburgh armory I think it was called? Everyone was saying its bugged, I went in and did it with no issues. People just didnt know you were suppose to interact with the 2 square stones next to the chests to put the runestones in before you can open the chest. I'm not saying its not a thing but I think its way overblown and a lot of it is just people doing it wrong.

So, you're one of those people thinking Vasburg is the bugged dungeon everyone in chat is talking about,. One of the people  joining the chat annoyingly claiming that "you just have to find the 2 rune stones", while it's actually the VALDHERTZ dungeon that's bugged.

"It works fine, I just opened the chest!"

"That's strange, there's 20 of us here and we didn't see you. In fact, the door to the chest room is still closed."

It's been bugged ever since EoD was released, and still they've added it to the dailies, wasting the time of thousands of people.

Edited by Manasa Devi.7958
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

So, you're one of those people thinking Vasburg is the bugged dungeon everyone in chat is talking about,. One of the people  joining the chat annoyingly claiming that "you just have to find the 2 rune stones", while it's actually the VALDHERTZ dungeon that's bugged. It's been bugged ever since EoD was released, and still they've added it to the dailies, wasting the time of thousands of people.

Well when people are at the entrance of vasburg saying its bugged in say chat, what else am I going to assume? 

That sucks though. Anet just needs to add more options at this point. 

• Confused 1

As loathe as I am to recommend sPvP to anyone, I'd probably just only choose that for your dailies until more options or a reroll mechanic are added. There's just too many chances for one or more of the PvE ones to end up bricking your daily box due to a bug and some of the WvW ones take forever by comparison.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Narya Fae.4730 said:

I miss the guaranteed drops. Why take those away? I mean cool you can buy the stuff, but it would have been better if the buying was more of a on top of thing. The leg chest is cool, but I don't want to buy something like laurels. That's bs to me.

You don't have to buy laurels. You get 10 laurels per week doing weekly tasks which you can accomplish in less than a day. Any laurels you buy on top of that are extra.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 9:43 AM, Beast Sos.1457 said:

The armory mini-dungeon is sometimes bugged, but that wasn't the big complain yesterday. It's the Vault mini-dungeon (same map) that tons of people had as a daily that was completely bugged. The vault took a while to organize. I think I personally spent about 30-40 minutes on it. Someone in my group had been trying for about 3 hours. It was a complete mess. Same map btw, so map chat was sometimes confusing since you had 2 different groups of people working on different mini-dungeons talking passed each other not realizing.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2023 at 12:02 PM, Narya Fae.4730 said:

I miss the guaranteed drops. Why take those away? I mean cool you can buy the stuff, but it would have been better if the buying was more of a on top of thing. The leg chest is cool, but I don't want to buy something like laurels. That's bs to me.

This rewards system is by far more rewarding than the old one. Not only that but you get to choose what you want to be rewarded with. You don't want laurels? Don't buy them. Choose something you *do* want.

• Like 3

On 8/27/2023 at 7:43 PM, Beast Sos.1457 said:

You should have joined me in Valdhertz Crypts and have lots of fun as you could not complete because there were a hundred people inside insta-killing everything and you could not get credit for anything to complete it. Yeah sure buddy no issues at all there made Anet pull it from the daily pool.

And the most infamous for years upon years now is the defence events in WvW. I've completely eliminated all enemies from towers with broken walls, got the timer countdown repeatedly and could not get a freaking daily completion for about 2 hours straight. Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat fun there!

We had the choice to ignore screwed up dailies like this in the past (3 out of 12) and we are now at 3 out of 3 for maximum daily efficiency from our dailies. They plan to introduce and extra one per day, I strongly believe they should get it up to 3 out of 6 or 9 choices for people that want to enable all 3 game modes (I don't care if we get AA points only for the fist 3 tasks, even if you could get chest for all 12 dailies in the past).

It's about choice and efficiency, I prefer doing fractals, strikes or hunt for achievement completion instead of eating up my game time running around WvW for swords for a freaking daily, so that I don't miss out on over half my daily AA points!!!!

• Confused 1

On 8/28/2023 at 4:02 AM, Narya Fae.4730 said:

The old system gave 35/55 Laurels over 4 weeks, this system gives 40+however much you want to buy with AA. Over the course of 3 months the old system gives 105/165, this gives 120/270.
It would be helpful if you actually checked what you are upset about.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

you can literally get that other gold by doing a single daily task on top of logging in and have 4 wizard coins left. you didn't even bother or manage to look long enough at the new system and here you are crying.

if it's gone, you're gone? then be gone. in contrast to what your mommy told you, you are not the center of the universe and nobody cares if you are here or not.

You get that, and then some. Rewards, are just obtained, differently. About the 3rd day, of SOTO release, I banked on a straight 90g, worth of money bags. Few days later, I did the same, with Mystic Coins. Now, I'm working on heavy crafting bags, then laurels. The new system, with raw gold, gets you 20g more, than the old system, over the 70+ days, of the season.

Edited by SnackParty.3178