Champion Avatar of Regret's "Shared Destruction" hitting more times than may be intended

I know there's an entry in the Known Issues post mentioning that this mob's Crushing Regret skill targets more players than intended, but the combat log calls it Shared Destruction (if it's what I think it is) so I'll be referring to it as that in this post.

The Champion Avatar of Regret's skill Shared Destruction is currently hitting targeted players twice. Given that the tooltip states that the target takes 60% of their health in damage, split among allies stacking with them, and the fact that it's almost guaranteed to down you if you get caught out alone (which happens a lot, when was the last time an open world mob had a stack?), the conclusion I'm coming to is that the skill is not just targeting more players than intended, but is also hitting more times than intended. The combat log will also show me getting hit twice by the same use of Shared Destruction, as shown below:

https://i.imgur.com/oxvHye5.png

The link is for an image of my combat log, which shows the Champion Avatar of Regret casting Shared Destruction twice and hitting me four times.

• Like 1

From my experience so far (and not just for Regret in the Zaishen village, but for some others too, like the Djinn event), Shared Destruction seems to work fine... when you're solo. When you're not, it seems to multiply the number of hits by the number of players, rather than dividing the damage between players? Or at least, I noticed that as soon as someone joined me in the fight, the skill would consistently hit twice and down me.

• Like 1

The one in Zaishen is one I'm hoping to get to test shortly, see what happens if it's just me there. Might not get the chance to for a while, though, but I'll keep that in mind. Strange that it's hitting twice with multiple people around, as the wiki entry says it's from Strike Mission: Kaineng Overlook. Maybe it's getting mixed up by the CM behaviour that makes two Shared Destruction stacks happen at the same time?