Essense of Gold

1 hour ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

You do? Why? Because it is faster to accumulate now than before?

How is it faster? Perhaps I misremember something but isnt it limited to 2 purchases (2% total) per quarter when previously we would get 6% over the same three months? Or am I mistaken about the purchase limit?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

How is it faster? Perhaps I misremember something but isnt it limited to 2 purchases (2% total) per quarter when previously we would get 6% over the same three months? Or am I mistaken about the purchase limit?

I was actually wondering if it was quarterly or less than that.

1000 acclaim isn't that much, I think its 15 days worth. Just days - not counting weeklies or specials.

Just on the back of doing your 2 weeklies you'll get 900 acclaim (the final box itself - not even the raw weeklies!) which is almost enough to buy it on its own.

Edited by Sarrs.4831

28 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

It's faster to acquire, but less per 3 month cycle. The remainder is easily made up with the vast difference in new rewards versus old rewards. Buying even just 10-20 gold with acclaim will result in more reward than years worth of Essence of Gold bonus. Not to mention the other new rewards like precursors, more laurels, etc.

I really don't get the hate people give, trying to grasp at every single straw only to find SOMETHING to complain about.

There are issues with the reward system, most importantly the loss of flexibility, actual rewards are not though.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

It's faster to acquire, but less per 3 month cycle. The remainder is easily made up with the vast difference in new rewards versus old rewards. Buying even just 10-20 gold with acclaim will result in more reward than years worth of Essence of Gold bonus. Not to mention the other new rewards like precursors, more laurels, etc.

I really don't get the hate people give, trying to grasp at every single straw only to find SOMETHING to complain about.

There are issues with the reward system, most importantly the loss of flexibility, actual rewards are not though.

I guess we just have different definitions of faster then. I could reach, lets say 10%, in 5 months whereas now that would take 15 months. Requiring three times as much time to achieve the same distance is the opposite of faster.

That said, the actual rewards, overall, are much better in my opinion. Essence of gold is one exception.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1