Do the skyscale nests respawn?

I tried to find them all, but some required me to get masteries for updraft generator. Now I don't know which ones I got and which I don't. But I haven't found an egg yet. This is frustrating! Do I wait a day and try all the spots again to see if they come back or if I missed any? My head is spinning from how this is setup.

if you are talking about the one on the first map. you can bypass it. there is a peak on the other side of the map. you can use the skyscale to get up to the high peak useing the red orbs. when you are at the top use your griffon one dive boost will get you there in a couple of seconds 

I didn’t get it on the first map. I’m going to start looking at all the places in the last map tomorrow (per the wiki). I heard if you aren’t lucky, like me, you should get it on the last nest if you haven’t gotten it before then.

No I don’t believe they respawn, as I went back to each I had done before when walking through the wiki list and the ones I had done weren’t there a day later (crossing a daily reset).

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 2:58 AM, trunks.5249 said:

if you are talking about the one on the first map. you can bypass it. there is a peak on the other side of the map. you can use the skyscale to get up to the high peak useing the red orbs. when you are at the top use your griffon one dive boost will get you there in a couple of seconds 

yeah you can just glide with the griffon too if you have that

I have looted some nests on the day after the expansion launched and today I have found them again while rift hunting and was able to loot them as well.

Haven't found an egg yet though. Wish they had made it the same for everyone because I see people in my guild getting an egg after three to five nests while I'm still stuck.

On 8/25/2023 at 5:10 AM, Chyro.1462 said:

Does anyone know yet if its just fully rng when you get the egg? Or is there one specific nest that has it?

I'm at 10+ nests and still nothing.

I don't know if it's just rng, or of it's in a specific nest, but if latter, then the nest is different for each player. Basically, you still need to check all and hope it won't be in the last. For me it was (or at least somewhere close to it, it took me 18 nests if i counted right)

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 1

On 8/25/2023 at 11:10 AM, Chyro.1462 said:

Does anyone know yet if its just fully rng when you get the egg? Or is there one specific nest that has it?

I'm at 10+ nests and still nothing.

Rng

u can do the nest relaxed u will need many other things. the nest is just a tiny part

• Confused 1

As I understand it, there are is a total amount of nests (20ish I think) and each nests cleared does not respawn. You have a 1/remaining nests chance of getting the egg to progress the collection.

So the denominator is changing with each clear. 1/20 chance for first nest, 1/19 for second, 1/18 for third, and so on till last nest is 1/1 chance in other words a 100% chance.

On 8/24/2023 at 9:04 PM, Heibi.4251 said:

Took me 1 map and 3 nests to get the egg

Somewhere out there someone rolled a nat 20.

Also, I could be wrong about this, It's just how I interpreted the data.

Edited by Wild.1705

The nests do eventually respawn. I hit all the spots for days and there was nothing at any of them.

I went looking one morning and all the nests were there, and after rushing through several of them finally got the collection starter.

If you're trying during prime gaming hours, you're apparently sharing the same spawn with other players, so if they get there first nothing remains for you. Try an off time if you can.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

If you're trying during prime gaming hours, you're apparently sharing the same spawn with other players, so if they get there first nothing remains for you. Try an off time if you can.

This untrue unless something changed. The first 2 days of release my friend and I went around the map and when we found one (and interacted with it yo see if we got lucky) we would tag the map so the other could test their lucky. I suppose this was possible because we were grouped, but it seems unlikely.

It was absolutely true for well over a week after the two of you were lucky enough to find them. I actually watched the nest above Garenhoff vanish when another player who got there before me interacted with it. It and others did not respawn for the several hours' remainder of my time online, as I repeatedly checked all sites unsuccessfully until I logged off, and for days afterward.

It took me a week to find any nests at all after that, and the only time I did was early on a weekday morning (well off prime US gaming time). The game pestered me to move to a more populated version of the map, which I completely ignored. The day and time made all the difference between a map containing a nest sitting in every single spawn location, and a map with ZERO nests anywhere. Luckily I found the collection starter around nest #6 or so, and no longer have to contend with that particular example of bad collection design.

I'm glad you didn't have that experience but I most certainly did.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

After hunting the nests alone then helping others I can confirm that the nests respawn even if you looted them before and that people can "steal" nests from one another.

I ended up looting seven nests twice and three nests once in Skywatch Archipelago before I got the egg, making it 17 attempts. I didn't realize initially that Amnytas would have nests too so I ended up only hunting for them in the first map. Maybe I would have gotten the egg in less tries if I had looted the Amnytas nests too?

The people I have showed the nest locations later on (Amnytas included) ended up getting their egg anywhere between five and ten tries. 

Edited by sewenewes.4176
  • Confused 2

Ok, so I looted all the nests in both maps, (Amnytas and the other one) and the nests wouldn't respawn for me. I went back every day in hopes to check a few easily accessible ones, but no. They were gone.

And then one day I got dropkicked out of the sky in Amnytas and fell by a nest I looted (I remember the map placement, it was memorable) and that single nest has respawned!

And this is the story of how I finally found my egg. In that one nest that respawned.

This really needs to be fixed. Starting a collection should never be dependent on the capricious benevolence of RNGesus.

Isn't the actual time-consuming and expensive nature of the collection itself enough sadism to inflict upon players, without making the entire process worse by subjecting it to random chance at the outset?

• Like 3

I just got the egg from a nest in Skywatch which I'm 100% certain I checked before.

I checked some nests as I happened to find them, then last weekend I went around all the nests in Skywatch (I can't get to the other maps yet) and didn't find an egg. Today I happened to be in Stargaze Ridge and noticed the nest there had reset, so I checked it and got the egg. I know I'd checked that one before not only because I went around all of them (using the map on the Wiki) but because I had a bit of trouble finding that one then was annoyed with myself when I did because it's not even hidden (I was looking on top of the ridge, where the skyscales spawn) so I remember the location.

When I was using a guide to check the nests the ones I'd checked previously hadn't reset. My guess is you have to find all of them in a map before any will reset. (Which makes sense, otherwise you could just keep a character next to 1 nest and check it daily.)

• Like 1