Secrets of the Obscure Launch Week: Thank you!

Speaking of hotfixes... I've noticed some things ingame that weren't mentioned in any of the recent patch notes. For example; all my PvE accounts dailies are now the same. My friend also had the same dailies. Are they fixed now or is this a coincidence?

Also there must've been some adjustments to some of the Wizard's Vault rewards as well unless I'm imagining things.

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

*Note: plans can be disrupted by all sorts of things, up to and including acts of the Six.

acts of the Six

Six

Balthazar not really dead: confirmed!

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Thank you for all your hard work on such a cool expansion (and on getting these fixes out so quickly too!) Been having an absolute blast with SotO so far 😄The new maps are gorgeous and I'm enjoying the new characters and events a lot (also lore! So much lore to dig into! ❤️)

So glad to hear that it's been popular so far, it deserves to be!

• Like 4

Is this an expansion or a Living World Season, because that's what it feels like. Story line is tied into map completion stuff and don't get me started on the "Use the Heart to track and close rifts" over and over again. How many times to I have to waste my gaming time doing this?  Repeat "content" is not content.  It's repetitive and boring. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8

4 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I'm stuck on the story because I have two options and one has literally no instructions of what to do (the other option is the classic and boring "do events until").

If it's the story step in the archipelago regarding the key and the essences, you get the key by doing the meta.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello everyone,

All of us on the Guild Wars 2 team want to say a huge and heartfelt thank you for making the launch of Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure such a success. We planned on having a lot of players in game on day one but you all went above our expectations—we had to spin up additional servers and crank out extra serial keys beyond our already-ambitious estimates to accommodate the influx. It was a huge thrill to enjoy the first impressions of so many people seeing the expansion for the first time.

For the next few weeks, our focus is on continuing to listen to your feedback in and out of game and ensuring the stability of new content and features. We have shipped two hotfixes to address issues you have let us know about, another is planned for today, and we’ll be keeping an eye out for additional major issues through next week. After that, our plan* is shift focus to our polish and bug fixing builds scheduled for September 12 and 26.

In the meantime, we’re continuing to closely monitor your feedback on all of the systems and content introduced in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure. We’re tracking known issues here.

As always, it’s a joy to get to share the world of Guild Wars 2 with you.

*Note: plans can be disrupted by all sorts of things, up to and including acts of the Six. We’ll keep you updated if the plan changes

Thank you to the devs as well! Best expansion ever in regards of design and story (and quality of dialogue). 🥰

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Dark.1823 said:

Speaking of hotfixes... I've noticed some things ingame that weren't mentioned in any of the recent patch notes. For example; all my PvE accounts dailies are now the same. My friend also had the same dailies. Are they fixed now or is this a coincidence?

Also there must've been some adjustments to some of the Wizard's Vault rewards as well unless I'm imagining things.

They were always fixed as long as you got the same daily settings (pve/pvp/wvw) and same account settings (core/hot/pof/eod/soto). 

22 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

For the next few weeks, our focus is on continuing to listen to your feedback in and out of game and ensuring the stability of new content and features.  ...our plan* is shift focus to our polish and bug fixing builds scheduled for September 12 and 26.

In the meantime, we’re continuing to closely monitor your feedback on all of the systems and content introduced in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure. We’re tracking known issues here.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 Well done, bravo.  Perfect.  Just do this every couple weeks and I'll be around another 10 years. 🙂

• Like 4

I'm glad you're reading the feedback, and hope you take the feedback to heart in regards to Relics and the new dailies. These two have the potential to surpass the old systems, but they could use adjustments and changes. The content in the DLC is fine, it's the systems adjusted in them where I've been seeing most of the feedback.  I hope to see change for the better in the future, all the best

27 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

not really. I even forgot you're supposed to get it. I want the 300 "whatever they're called" to buy coins.

Ah. I'm not sure that's worth it just for 300 AA.

Six days of logging in and doing daily completionist gives 330 AA. Doing the weekly 6/8 awards 690 AA. 

Everyone's complaining cept paid for positive account bots on the forums yet somehow at least if the zones didn't launch dead like EOD did which launched day 1 with dead zones at least that's a plus for sure! 

Oh to have a version of GW2 to play that ended when the story ended, LW4. 

• Confused 7