relic of fireworks

BobbyT.7192

Relic of firework: "upon dealing strike damage using a weapon skill with a recharge of 20s or more, gain 10% strike damage for 6s. Refreshes duration on stack."

So this doesn't work on initiative skills I'm going to assume? I know what the text saids but just checking around here as sometimes tool tips are not 100% accurate all the time.

Just wondering if anyone has done any actually testing.

The Thief rune works. Can't test this on my engineer.

My rifle engi has no skills with a 20s cooldown. So many relics have such limited application, like this or the use skill type. Auto-eliminates a bunch of professions using that relic, and only 40 to choose from makes a short list available.

They coulda made it to proc after using 20s worth of cooldowns total like the Sorcerer Ice Blade passive in Diablo 4; as that's what it reminded me of. Cooldowns would summon an ice sword after they added up to 20. And ofc a fixed number of seconds could be applied to 1 initiate to determine how much we'd have to spend to get to enjoy fireworks but they clearly didn't want us to be able to use it.

Thief relic is more reliable, hell even Isgarren is probably better (especially on DD) just because the effect only lasts 6 seconds and not many professions have 3+ 20s CD skills they can use to keep this up 100% (which is probably the point) Most of the relics are pretty terrible (on thief and in general) because so many of them require using an elite skill, which thief doesn't really use on CD since they're all situational. Still haven't found one good to use with my condi builds because of that.

12 hours ago, Nomad.4301 said:

Thief relic is more reliable, hell even Isgarren is probably better (especially on DD) just because the effect only lasts 6 seconds and not many professions have 3+ 20s CD skills they can use to keep this up 100% (which is probably the point) Most of the relics are pretty terrible (on thief and in general) because so many of them require using an elite skill, which thief doesn't really use on CD since they're all situational. Still haven't found one good to use with my condi builds because of that.

I've been using Scourge in WvW and pve since I'm putting out consistent group barrier anyway. It's nice to have some duration to carry over while I respond to stuff. It can feel like I'm hovering around a 1 stack for a bit but then it kind of takes off to 6+. I'll probably have Aristocracy on me also.

I wanted the mirage relic to work since the 6s duration on torment stack before duration boosts/tormenting runes looks nice, but it's kinda bad also. I think they've largely stuck to effects that are fairly weak and not too game changing for the initial release, hence no trapper, durability, aristocracy relics etc. The ones I find myself using a lot are speed and antitoxin because they're useful on almost any build, although antitoxin I'm not 100% sure is working like the runes used to (feels like you might be affected by the icd).