Relics don't work with mechanist's mech

WipZedKay.5316

Done quite a bit of testing regarding different relics that proc effects when you apply boons or barrier now and to put it simply, none of them are activated from your mech. Mechanist's main boon and barrier output come from the mech, not you the player. From my understanding, the relic effects only trigger when you, the player preform an action that satisfies the relics conditional effect. Example of this would be Relic of Mabon, Monk or Scourge which are activated when you apply might, boons or barrier respectively. Despite your mech providing and satisfying the relic requirements, they won't activate from your mech but only from you. Mech's auto attacks, mech command skills, barrier from mech core: barrier engine will not activate any of these relics because the mech is a pet and not a player which means it does not inherit the effects from the relics.

This feels quite unfair and makes this specialization a lot worse than it needs to be. The previous iteration of monk runes gave you stacks when from the mech but the relic equivalent does not. This also means that no future support relics will also not work with the mech. So I ask only that the requirements needed to activate the various support relics works off the boons and barrier applied from the mech since it's the main source of barrier and boons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

On 8/25/2023 at 9:41 PM, Curennos.9307 said:

Seems like mech f2, forget what it's called but the one that gives boons (alac, prot, aegis, stab) activates the monk rune...But only one stack, and f3 doesn't. Very weird.

Barrier signet also gives you monk rune stacks for each barrier tick even with your on the ground. Guess it's because you activate it or something?

A theory I've heard is that mech F2 is considered a toolbelt skill and is the reason the relic works with it.

1 hour ago, WipZedKay.5316 said:

Barrier signet also gives you monk rune stacks for each barrier tick even with your on the ground. Guess it's because you activate it or something?

A theory I've heard is that mech F2 is considered a toolbelt skill and is the reason the relic works with it.

Both of these are true, barrier signet is a utility skill thus it counts every time, regardless where it's centered. 

And yes mech skills are toolbelt skills, they benefit from toolbelt skill buffs and that theory makes sense.