Astral Amor Same Price or Maybe even more Expensive than Actual Legendary Armor [Merged]

25 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

But the again its not gated by anything weekly (li and skirmish tickets) compared to the raid and wvw armors

Unsure about spvp if there are any gates there.

The timegates only become relevant for those players who play long enough during the week to reach them.  Based on what I'm seeing, the total hours needed just to obtain a set seems likely to exceed what is needed for the other sets.  With the armor possibly a year away at most, would a timegate have really mattered?

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

The timegates only become relevant for those players who play long enough during the week to reach them.  Based on what I'm seeing, the total hours needed just to obtain a set seems likely to exceed what is needed for the other sets.  With the armor possibly a year away at most, would a timegate have really mattered?

If they play that few hours then any legendary will take years so dont really see your point.

It needs that many resources because you can play the content without limit all day every day if you have time.

So you can chip away at it anytime you play.

Do not that it took them two years to implement raid legendary armor and people chiped away at that content to since it started with 1 wing then got added on over time.

You now earn 31 a week compared to the 3 a week when  first raid wing released.

So yea stuff get easier in time and your pve legendary armor will probabely be severliy reduced time wise in 2-3 years.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Do not that it took them two years to implement raid legendary armor and people chiped away at that content to since it started with 1 wing then got added on over time.

You now earn 31 a week compared to the 3 a week when  first raid wing released.

So yea stuff get easier in time and your pve legendary armor will probabely be severliy reduced time wise in 2-3 years.

Have you looked at the materials required?  You may not have brought up all that was quoted above otherwise.

If they play that few hours then any legendary will take years so dont really see your point.

It needs that many resources because you can play the content without limit all day every day if you have time.

So you can chip away at it anytime you play.

The same can be stated for time-gated things which you were the one who brought it up.

• Confused 3

48 minutes ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

Have you looked at the materials required?  You may not have brought up all that was quoted above otherwise.

The same can be stated for time-gated things which you were the one who brought it up.

Yes I have and since it all can be got in open world pve 24/7 the materials needed had to be huge.

There is no organisation with other people needed and no weekly cap like the other modes. ( donno abot spvp but I assume there is a weekly cap there to)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yes I have and since it all can be got in open world pve 24/7 the materials needed had to be huge.

There is no organisation with other people needed and no weekly cap like the other modes. ( donno abot spvp but I assume there is a weekly cap there to)

You said this would get easier over time and used raids as an example.  The new map will not add new sources of map specific currency.  A new map will do nothing to increase the amount of rift mats you can obtain over time.  How will things get easier?  New wings were added in raids which increased the number of sources for LI and LD.  That is completely different.

How has something that requires a group of people in the OW ever gotten easier over time in this game?  How many collections tied to group events have players struggled with compared to if they had done them within the first week of the content's release?  The fact of the matter is that things will not get easier but harder. 

You'll find less and less people doing events on the maps and especially outside of primetime hours.  This is particularly an issue with the second map as your only source of map currency is from events and those events are significantly faster with more people.  Rift farming will eventually died down to maybe a squad during the evenings and weekends.  You can certainly do T1 solo but that just exponentially increases the amount of time you have to commit to farming mats.

Edited by enigmatic.3576
  • Confused 4

46 minutes ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

You said this would get easier over time and used raids as an example.  The new map will not add new sources of map specific currency.  A new map will do nothing to increase the amount of rift mats you can obtain over time.  How will things get easier?  New wings were added in raids which increased the number of sources for LI and LD.  That is completely different.

How has something that requires a group of people in the OW ever gotten easier over time in this game?  How many collections tied to group events have players struggled with compared to if they had done them within the first week of the content's release?  The fact of the matter is that things will not get easier but harder. 

You'll find less and less people doing events on the maps and especially outside of primetime hours.  This is particularly an issue with the second map as your only source of map currency is from events and those events are significantly faster with more people.  Rift farming will eventually died down to maybe a squad during the evenings and weekends.  You can certainly do T1 solo but that just exponentially increases the amount of time you have to commit to farming mats.

There are tons of examples for open world resources or unique resuources becoming easier to acquire over time:

- dungeon tokens and skins 

- season materials, both season 3 as well as season 4

- leather farm after leather spiked

- easier/faster access to unbound/volatile magic

- more/faster/easier access to mystic clovers

- more longterm supply into the game (Antique Summoning Stones)

and more.

Some of the resources which where unique to specific tasks where spread out to other areas of the game.

The overall amount of materials required seems fine when compared to timegated materials. This is not something you are supposed to acquire in 1 week (even if it might be possible for hardcore farmers).

Anyone with limited game time should not be surprised that something designed around content which some players play 6-10 hours per day (or more) might seem grindy to them. 

The alternative would have been artificial timegates, and we know how players looooove those.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

This isn't even a legendary armor we asked for in ow pve.. this is just some overpriced exotic set as gate keeping to get the Legendary at some point when we are 75yo.

Oh no, this word again. "Gatekeeping". LFG = gatekeeping, Raids = gatekeeping, Raiders = Gatekeepers, Flipping camps at WvW = boring gatekeeping, Losing matches in PvP = toxic gatekeeping, prize of exotic armor required for lege = gatekeeping. What is next and when does it stop? Rifts = boring gatekeeping, doing meta = gatekeeping, killing mobs = gatekeeping, playing the game = gatekeeping. 

Sometimes I think that ppls like you wouldn't be satisfied if they would get this armor for free, becouse you would need to still click a chest icon and that would gatekeep you somehow. Xd

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Sometimes I think that ppls like you wouldn't be satisfied if they would get this armor for free, becouse you would need to still click a chest icon and that would gatekeep you somehow. Xd

And he would have to log in, that’s a pretty hard gatekeep if you ask me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

This isn't even a legendary armor we asked for in ow pve.. this is just some overpriced exotic set as gate keeping to get the Legendary at some point when we are 75yo.

This is precisely what people asked for regarding OW Legendary armor. No raiding, no PvP, no WvW, only open world grind. You are not being gatekept out of anything, all the materials are earned in open world. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

And he would have to log in, that’s a pretty hard gatekeep if you ask me. 

Maybe an official letter from ANet.

We are humbly informing you, that OW legendary armor has been delivered and equipped on your character. Here are some screenshots of you in this cool armor attached. Regards.

Altho I am not sure if opening and reading a letter isn't a gatekeeping too this days. Xd

• Haha 1

I read this thread and it's obvious some players haven't touched a competitive mode nor raids. 

None of the currently available legendary armor sets are fast to obtain.  The fastest one is raids and it takes 5 weeks clearing every wing and CM strikes, for a player new to raids it's near impossible unless carried hard. And PUG clearing some wings can take hours. PvP and WvW are both hard time gated, near 20 weeks playing a lot as well. 

Why would OW set would be any faster? Weeks farming rifts, that's what it takes. 

• Like 4

First of all, I know that this set of legendaries should be the grindiest of all since they require no competitive content but still I am just absolutely staggered by the sheer amount of mindless repetitive contetnt you need to do in order to get them. Let's what i mean by this:

Gfit of magical/mighty prosperity : Actually the most doable of them all, not unexpected yet i am super sad to see once again the bane of my existance: research notes.

Gift of expertise: This is where the fun begins. It requires 12 Amalgameted Kryptis essence. 12!!! A single one of them is 250/100/50 t1/t2/t3 essences multiply that by 12 and 6 for the full set and you get 18000/7200/3600 of the respective essences? What kind of joke is this? Let's say you get 40 t1 with motivation per round 30 t2 and 30 t3. that is still .780 rounds of rifts and since the the motivation costs lowkey 1g to craft, you are not only doing boring , repetitive work but also you pay at least 780g in the process. (Of course you can do it without motivation if you wanna do nearly 2000 rifts). I know it was not meant to be done under a week and the armor is still months away but i am completely discouraged already just thinking about the rifts.

Gift of stormy skies: Obviusly it is not available for purchase yet and it doesn't look that bad except for one thing. Gift of astral ward , one of its component requires the map completion rewards. So for the 6 pieces we have to complete the same 2 maps (probably 3 in the future) with 5 characters + lantern achievement? I know they are not huge maps or anything but still doing the same map 6 times just becasue why not is a horrible design.

Aracnum of whatever: This will be some armor collection which is not complete. One of it's items is the astral ward armor which requires once again kryptis essence, and once again gift of scales bones etc. just to inflate it's price. We still have 2 collections to be revealed here but if its anything like the astral collection, we are not going to have a good time.

Once again I know that the armor is month away and I know it is supposed to be expensive and grindy to craft I just hoped that it is going to be grindy because you have to do a bunch of different things and not spamming rifts a 1000 times. Thanks for reading and feel free to correct me where needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Welcome to the Grind Wars, please enjoy your staying xD
Wait till it gets less expensive in resources and in time and get then,the simplest way let other who have no life or have more free time than someone else to get them and flash their muscles with.
Being behind does not mean you lose.

Edited by Gerebos.1065
++
  • Confused 1

Legendary armour is supposed to take like weeks, not a few days, sounds easier than PVP where you need to unlock different sets, with the grandmaster token things, and with WVW with all the skirmish tickets etc you need. The Raids with all the Li required, and specific achievements,, and then you had all the other gifts, and gifts of craftsmanship and all that  

34 minutes ago, dini.8103 said:

780 rounds of rifts

good grief
now i lost all interest
they should add some other ways to farm those. a bit variety for the brain, or what's left of it.

i stick to the wvw legendaries, there i can play what i want and how i want.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

Assuming that you can get an average of 10 T1 materials from rifts,

I don't know how you got this number, but -as far as I understand what wiki says- that value is pretty much a minimum of what you get, not the average. The minimum for rifts is 9 (pre-event min. 3 + boss min. 6), unless you have rift mastery then that minimum changes to 13. Max is 20. Average of 9-20 or 13-20 sure isn't 10. And that doesn't even touch the weekly chests you get for clearing 5 rifts per map in -pretty sure- 5 different maps per week (which summs up to 30 additional chests with t1-3 essences), because that way the minimum/average also increases.

2 hours ago, disForm.2837 said:

I read this thread and it's obvious some players haven't touched a competitive mode nor raids. 

None of the currently available legendary armor sets are fast to obtain.  The fastest one is raids and it takes 5 weeks clearing every wing and CM strikes, for a player new to raids it's near impossible unless carried hard. And PUG clearing some wings can take hours. PvP and WvW are both hard time gated, near 20 weeks playing a lot as well. 

Why would OW set would be any faster? Weeks farming rifts, that's what it takes. 

Exactly, people asking for that acquisition routinely focus on optimal acquisition times, which are next to unachievable to someone starting the content. Lets just say that if they truly thought it's so fast and easy to get those rewards, they'd simply get them by now. But they didn't get them because they know it's not as fast and easy as what they type out in their forum posts.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

You said this would get easier over time and used raids as an example.  The new map will not add new sources of map specific currency.  A new map will do nothing to increase the amount of rift mats you can obtain over time.  How will things get easier? 

We will get more tiers of rifts, which most likely will award more essences, just for starters.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, dini.8103 said:

Gift of stormy skies: Obviusly it is not available for purchase yet and it doesn't look that bad except for one thing. Gift of astral ward , one of its component requires the map completion rewards. So for the 6 pieces we have to complete the same 2 maps (probably 3 in the future) with 5 characters + lantern achievement? I know they are not huge maps or anything but still doing the same map 6 times just becasue why not is a horrible design.

I will go on a limb in here and point out that since EoD map exploration gifts are repeatable on same characters. When you finish the map you unlock set of lanterns at pois and vistas and when you interact with all, you get next gift, and they reset.

• Confused 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Astral Amor Same Price or Maybe even more Expensive than Actual Legendary Armor [Merged]
6 minutes ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

Source?

just for starters:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure-launches-today/

Mastery Unlocks Access to Convergences (a public or squad group instance) with Legendary Enemies,
Existing Maps Added to Rotation
New Legendary Enemies,
New Legendary Enemies,

in earlier blogs they referred to these as "higher tiers of rifts"

• Confused 1