"A New Look" achivement not unlock

I am impacted by this too. I completed the achievement last night, logged out to sleep, woke up, it was still locked, so I then spent an hour collecting dyes from unopened birthday packs across 30 characters, and then spent another hour on the character I finished "A new friend" on opening dyes and doing the skyscale target shooting activity, and the "A new look" collection has yet to unlock.

Edit: As I was writing up a support ticket, it seems to have finally unlocked (well after 1 hour of being logged in on this character continuously), as if the server itself was aware I was about to report a bug with it and it didnt want to be patched 😛

Edited by Avan.1540
New details

Hey, I had the exact same issue. It took me something like 10 hours to get the unlock.

I don't know exactly what fixed it, but when I got the message I had been playing on the same character for a full hour, without disconnecting nor going to character select screen. Might be a coincidence though, but I would say that it's worth a try.

Previously I tried: 1 hour completely offline, and 1 hour playtime (but swapping characters frequently...). Both had no results.

Whew I'm glad I stumbled on this.

I wasn't a fan of this, because it's just repeating work you already did to get the skyscale to begin with, but was trying to get something completed that didn't rely on the locked content. Glad people posted about this bug so I didn't waste more time. I'm really not a fan of this new terrible daily setup. D:

Same issue, camping the same character for an hour that I did the "new friend" achievement on finally unlocked "new look" for me. Being online on another character did not seem to count. Don't know if changing maps influences the timer, I was staying on the same one just to be safe.