No Mystic Coins/Clover from EoD Strikes after SotO Release. Why?

While doing EoD strikes after the release of SotO I noticed that the EoD strikes now give blue prophet shards instead of green shards. Sure enough, the EoD strikes vendor in Arborstone has only rewards for blue prophet shards, and mystic coins/clover are not among those rewards. Being able to buy mystic coins/clover with the strikes currency was the main reward for me in EoD.

I do not understand the reasoning behind thsi nerf. When they first introduced this split (in green and blue shards) I thought it was because the "old" IBS strikes were considered too "easy" (at least 5 out of 7) to reward you with mystic coins/clover. But looking at the overall situation that cannot be true, for several reasons:

1. You can be buy mystic coins/clover with the fractal currency and tier 1,2 fractals are pretty easy, at least easier than EoD strikes
  2. The new SotO strikes also are easier than the EoD strikes, still with the currency from these strikes I can buy mystic coins/clover.

Also, the reason that EoD strikes are "outdated" content seems to be hard to understand, again pointing to fractals where some of them are very old (older than any strike), yet they reward me with a currency that can be used to buy mystic coins/clover. Applying the same logic to fractals would mean that "old" fractals would reward you with a less desirable currency, which, of course, is not true.

I think the Anet designers should rethink this split in rewards for old/new strikes. Simple solution could be to let us buy mystic coins/clover for blue prophet shards. They (mystic coins/clover) are limited per week, so, this could not lead to a market disruptions.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I might guess that since you can use Astral Acclaim to buy clovers and mystic coins, Anet wants you to do that instead.  They made the Wizard Vault and they know that many people don't like new systems so...   Perhaps Anet really wanted everyone to try the wizard vault.  It would be a dirty tactic to use clovers and MC to persuade people to try the new daily system.  I have seen other mmos do worse.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
Changed force, to persuade.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, StormyFae.2761 said:

I'm thinking the drop rate of clovers from the mystic forge may have been reduced as well. I've done the recipe 262 times since soto came out and only got 56 clovers. I know that's a small sample but I've never had that bad of luck with so many times.

I think the days of flushing ectos and coins down the mystic toilet are over.

• Like 2

given you can now but unlimited Mystic clovers from Lhyr for 3 Mystic coins, 3 Obsidian Shards, 5 Ecto, and 3 Spirit shards, getting 10 a week for prophet shards doesn't seem like a good deal anymore.
and you can get 60 mystic coins just from your weeklies once.

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, StormyFae.2761 said:

I'm thinking the drop rate of clovers from the mystic forge may have been reduced as well. I've done the recipe 262 times since soto came out and only got 56 clovers. I know that's a small sample but I've never had that bad of luck with so many times.

That's an extremely small sample size and I wouldn't put too much stock into it 

• Sad 2

On 8/27/2023 at 6:14 AM, StormyFae.2761 said:

I am not sure if you were just unlucky or if this is intended by Anet (it would mean a reduction from around 33% to 25%) but while playing the new content I discovered (with the help of some friendly players) the NPC Lyhr standing unter the first stair to the south from the waypoint in the tower selling mystic clover for mystic coins at a fixed rate (3 coins, 3 obsidian shards, 5 ectos, 3 spirit shards). As a player who dislikes RNG based mechanics this was a welcome change, even if the total price is a bit higher than the average price using the mystic forge. This, of course, does nothing to reduce the throttling of mystic coins/clover in general that it was complaining about above.

Edit: just saw this was mentioned above already, I left the comment, as I am describing where to find the NPC Lyhr.

Edited by Hethitius.5721

On 8/27/2023 at 3:12 AM, Zebulous.2934 said:

I might guess that since you can use Astral Acclaim to buy clovers and mystic coins, Anet wants you to do that instead.  They made the Wizard Vault and they know that many people don't like new systems so...   Perhaps Anet really wanted everyone to try the wizard vault.  It would be a dirty tactic to use clovers and MC to persuade people to try the new daily system.  I have seen other mmos do worse.

I think the Wizard Vault rewards are more of a replacement for the old (and now removed) daily login rewards. If you compare those, we even have a slight reduction per season:
21 mystic clover --> 20 mystic clover
84 mystic coins --> 60 mystic coins.
I thought the additional mystic clover/coins from raids, fractals, strikes were an additional source for people that play that content and who want to advance their legendary armory instead of going for the other rewards from that content.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Can't you buy them from SotO strikes now for Green Prophet Shards?

Yes, you are right, I discovered this in the meantime. But going for the max. amount of green shards now will be more boring, as it means farming only 2 strikes instead of 5. (And yes, I am well aware that these are 1st world problems).
Still, all of this does not explain the changes mentioned above, the EoD strikes have not become easier or something. I still cannot understand the reasoning and as I said no other group content in GW2 was hit by such a nerf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2023 at 9:58 AM, Hethitius.5721 said:
  1. You can be buy mystic coins/clover with the fractal currency and tier 1,2 fractals are pretty easy, at least easier than EoD strikes

Just wanted to point out that, whilst the mystic clover stays in the raid and fractal vendor, mystic coin however, was removed since EoD released that it was never put back.

Before Soto, yes you can buy clovers from the EoD, fractal, and raids vendor, but you can only get 10 MCs from the EoD vendor + 7 from ley-line anomaly daily farm per week. Realistically speaking, You are allowed to buy 30x clovers (cost 60MC) per week but there was no way that you can buy that many from pure MC farming, even if you included the previous daily login reward. I was only able to buy 10x clovers per week at best because I'm always short of MCs. Now that they've removed MCs from the EoD vendor too in favor of Soto, I don't even know how to get the MCs I need anymore (dislike paying for the inflated price on tp), because it's going to take a while before I can collect enough shards in order to afford it every week lol 😢

I need MCs not just for buying clovers, but there are also that 3x Halloween skins that cost 100x each to craft, which I've been thinking about it for 3 years now. Not to mention that there are several non-legendary related area that also uses MCs (achivement, exotic with unique skin). Therefore it's really sad that they take this approach (keep removing it from the older NPCs after each new content release). It's not like I got those currencies from free, I worked hard for them by playing the content and it's sad that I can't use them on the MCs anymore.

Edited by Blueberry.8095