Watch list tracking why disable it?

I would like to ask you to re enable the watch list in the HUD. Its a real pita to try and track what im on without it, having to open the hero panel all the time is crazy.  Esp when you are doing a long achievement that sends you all over the world. Why disable it at all? Its a terrible loss of quality of life for many people tracking objectives 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

I've noticed that when I watchlist something from the Wizard's Vault, that tracker replaces my regular achievement watchlist. But, when I removed the Wizard's Vault task from the watchlist, my achievement tracker came back. Is that the situation you're in? If so, try removing the watch from your Wizard's Vault items.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kalibri.5861 said:

I've noticed that when I watchlist something from the Wizard's Vault, that tracker replaces my regular achievement watchlist. But, when I removed the Wizard's Vault task from the watchlist, my achievement tracker came back. Is that the situation you're in? If so, try removing the watch from your Wizard's Vault items.

Oh you may be right i have been tracking wizards,  maybe i will stop tracking and see what happens . the watchlist im talking about is the one you could have as a list on the side of your screen, here is the watchlist...https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, this is what im talking about, i dont have it anymore 

https://imgur.com/a/IKdmOhP

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Okay if i untrack all the wizards vault things my achievement progress watch list comes back. i guess its one or the other ,thanks Kalibri !

8 hours ago, Kalibri.5861 said:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

This is a really bad change. I cannot understand why they'd build a UI that is all wizards vault or all other achievements only. Like how could you not consider that I'd want to track my vault weeklies as well as my wvw weeklies?

Edited by Lagniappe.4869
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah, agreed, it's a little wonky. Not sure if it's intended, though.

To me, I think the content tracking system is perpetually overloaded, even if you do shut off as much as you can in the game options, so I imagine they may be struggling with how to manage all of the data they're trying to shove in there. Hopefully they'll find a way to make it work.

• Like 2

Maybe they could bring the old system back, where I could track 12 dailies without any problem and still have something else on my watchlist.

so I imagine they may be struggling with how to manage all of the data they're trying to shove in there.

Yes, think how crazy that would be. Have ONE Wizard's Vault Objectives shown and ONE thing from my watchlist! That would mean that they have to show TWO things at once. I am sure that there will never be a technology in a million years that will make it possible to show TWO things on one computer screen! That is never to happen. Far to much things!

Edited by BadHealer.3608
  • Like 3

On 8/27/2023 at 4:09 AM, Kalibri.5861 said:

OMG  YES!  🥰  Tks so much.   I hated I could not see my marked Achiev.  on the screen anymore.   Was such a pain to find the list!  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/3/2023 at 6:49 AM, Image.8630 said:

OMG  YES!  🥰  Tks so much.   I hated I could not see my marked Achiev.  on the screen anymore.   Was such a pain to find the list!  

Since this is the issue i dont see how they can fixit. you just have to choose one or the other. There wouldnt be enough screen area for both lol

• Confused 4

21 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

you just have to choose one or the other. There wouldnt be enough screen area for both lol

There is. You mark a WV objective and thereby add it to your Watchlist instead of replacing the Watchlist. Doesn't seem very complicated to me.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

There is. You mark a WV objective and thereby add it to your Watchlist instead of replacing the Watchlist. Doesn't seem very complicated to me.

Umm yeah i have done that it replaces my other watchlist, the two are separate and can only have one  up at a time.  You mark a WV objective and the watchlist from the hero panel disappears, thats the point of this thread  

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

That's what I just said. 😄 "There wouldn't be enough space for both" is just an incorrect statement. There is clearly enough space for both, ANet just decided not to combine them, for whatever crazy reason.

my bad i cant read today...I think its because they are on two separate systems, not like the old dailys you could add from the hero panel. when they nixed the old dailys with this new tracking system they never integrated it into the hero panel system. 

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Confused 1