volatile magic total not increasing in the new areas?

There are no volatile nor unbound magic vendors in the new area (so it wouldn't make sense to award it in the area), nor do the balls give either magic currency. I'm fairly certain it's just an xp ball that refreshes mount endurance.

Edited by Mrs Lana.2506
  • Like 1

The orbs in the Archipelago grant you some amount of Static Charges, an area specific currency. In Amnytas, the orbs will give you Pinches of Stardust. The daily cap seems much lower than that of either unbound or volatile magic though, so if you're not paying attention, you might not even notice you've been gaining some.

Edited by Dotveg.5108
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Carnius Magius.8091 said:

They are not dropping static charges anymore. You pop them any you get nothing. Skyscale ennery still fills up though.

They have a daily limit, quite a low one. Perhaps that's why you're not getting anything?

Anyone .does the limit for static charges share its cap with stardust or was I jusr not paying attention?

10 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

They have a daily limit, quite a low one. Perhaps that's why you're not getting anything?

Anyone .does the limit for static charges share its cap with stardust or was I jusr not paying attention?

As far as I experienced, it seems the two caps are not shared. Seems like the most you can get from those forever renewing orbs is a couple hundreds at best, with the clear intent to have you run events instead. I do feel the events should be more rewarding on that front though. Might change my mind once I can start arcane chest hunting.

Edited by Dotveg.5108

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 12:25 PM, Dotveg.5108 said:

The orbs in the Archipelago grant you some amount of Static Charges, an area specific currency. In Amnytas, the orbs will give you Pinches of Stardust. The daily cap seems much lower than that of either unbound or volatile magic though, so if you're not paying attention, you might not even notice you've been gaining some.

This must be bugged now.  I began popping for stardust in Amnytas and I've received no stardust.  That puts the cap at around 0.

The orbs of magic in the Horn of Maguuma are called Latent Magic. Latent Magic gives swiftness, quickness, EXP, and refills flight meters and endurance as Volatile Magic would.

In Skywatch Archipelago Latent Magic give Static Charges up to a cap per day. This cap appears to be 100 Charges per day. Latent Magic dropped by the Krytpis Turret type mobs do not grant Static Charges, this may be a bug.

In Amnytas, Latent Magic grants Pinches of Stardust. Pinches of Stardust follow a specific pattern for gathering, which may or not be due to bugs!

What I have found is the following in regards to Pinches of Stardust:

• Latent Magic left behind from Turrets will grant Pinches of Stardust at the daily reset. Drops of Pinches of Stardust from Turrets have a daily cap, ~100 Pinches of Stardust. These typically get capped during the meta, which is why some people think the drops from the free floating Latent Magic is locked behind the meta. It isn't. It is gated by the Turret cap.
  • Latent Magic that exists free-floating between Bastions will NOT grant Pinches of Stardust until the cap from gathering from Turrets is hit.
    • After you cap from turrets the Pinches of Stardust will drop from the Latent Magic floating between Bastions.
    • These Pinches of Stardust have no daily cap.
    • This persists through maps closing.
    • This persists through going to the character select screen and back.
    • This persists after logging out and back in.
    • These have a respawn time of about 15 minutes. One full lap around Amnytas takes about 15 minutes and yeilds around 250 Pinches of Stardust. You can go faster, but you'll end up having to wait for the Latent Magic to respawn.
    • When the daily reset occurs the cap from turrets is cleared and the free-floating Latent Magic becomes gated again.

Again, I do not know if any of these are bugs or actual intent from the developers.

@Rubi Bayer.8493, I know there was a serious roll back issue yesterday, I hope that got figured out. Can we get confirmation though on Latent Magic and the rules under which the Static Charges and Pinches of Stardust are supposed to follow when dropped from them?