No music or quiet music on the character select screen

Every time I log in now it's so unnerving not to hear anything on the character select screen after years of having amazing music pieces there. I finally sat there to listen if maybe it was just extremely quiet, and I can kind of hear something, but it's too quiet to really hear it. I don't know if this was intentional or if it's a bug, but it feels like a bug.

• Like 2

The music starts with a violin piece, easily drowned out by the ambient sounds. Beyond that, it somewhat picks up. You might want to raise your volume to hear it, it's definitely quite a bit quieter than the previous character screen themes.

Edited by Dotveg.5108

• 4 months later...

Okay so I was having the same issue and it was driving me nuts. If you've tried everything and the music just isn't playing at all, not that it's too quiet but just isn't playing, check in your Documents\Guild Wars 2\Music folder, and make sure you didn't put anything in there for the game's custom soundtrack feature at some point in the past and then forget doing it entirely. Because apparently that's what was causing it in my case