What solo build are you rocking?

Heepnose.5174

Core Burning guardian Axe/torch + longbow.
It was for the LOL, burning guardian has always been quite effective in OW because of the combination of Permeating Wrath + Amplified Wrath + Zeal (spirit weapons, mights, vulnerability) or Honor (+2sec symbols)  at least until they nerfed Eternal Armory and some others little tweaks. But actually Axe and Longbow on Core guardian spread a lot of burnings, it looks like Hell, and clean pack of mobs really really fast, so I keep playing it.

Con : Axe without quickness feels terribly slow. I totally forgot LB #1 didn't bounce anymore, but it's still good. No mobility like sword. No toolkits like virtues on FB, DH ...

Edit with build editor : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAc+NlJw6YZMK2IO+LarNA-DSJYsRH/gkoEqHBdSAHHDkpHBA-e
Grieving with zeal give nice strike damage, also because I don't use spirit anymore, i'm lazy in OW. Otherwise I guess vipere would be better. LB obviously not the best weapon for condi, but it has nice range for OW and againt many mobs (like rifts t2-t3) actually it spreads good burning.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508

I usually play heavies in OW, mostly Revs but oftenly Guardians and sometimes Mesmer. When I run Guardians my favourite builds for PvE are celestial Firebrand and TB/Viper Willbender. I WvW I swap the WB to a pure power (Dragon + Marauder) build, but for FB I pretty much keep the same build and stats.

Firebrand celestial OW PvE:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAc6FlVwuYdMM2IW2WfvUA-DyIY1o7/USQBkpQoXRQHSAFfVIAh7HAA-e

Firebrand is not a good build to solo hard bounties due the sustain is meh and the damage low, and any attempt to push one sinks the other, but is excellent for everything else (HPs, regular events, regular champions and harder ones as the bounty bandits, etc. The build has so much tools (reflects, aegis, stability access, AoE cc and damage... ) that you can have plenty of fun soloing things as long as you won't try to get speed runs. And for regular foes, the build just nukes everything in seconds...

When I chose to run Willbender the build has less tools, but the damage is way higher: instead of burst of 18-25 burns as with the FB WB easily can stack 35+ burns and reach 20k fire damage x tick. The gameplay is more frenetic and you must constantly use your virtues. Agin, lacks in sustain and dps compared with th top dogs, but I enjoy the gameplay:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABw+t7lVwUZeMM2IO2WbxUA-DSZYchRGsZMlRpJRH1kDXCCQ4+BA-e

I would add that I play those builds due I like the playstyle, no matter the performance: In terms of performance from the builds I like in OW I would rate cMirage > cVindi > pVindi > cRenegade > cWB > cFB, yet in terms of fun my rating would be pVindi > cFB > cRenegade > cWB > cMirage. So, a build being objectively better at one task doesn't mean that I will use it and ditch everything else. I'm currently playing only 2 builds at PvP and one of it is FB (despite being arguably the worst spec in that game mode), but I enjoy it and can make it work up to gold III, which is what matters to me (having fun).

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 6:27 PM, Buran.3796 said:

I usually play heavies in OW, mostly Revs but oftenly Guardians and sometimes Mesmer. When I run Guardians my favourite builds for PvE are celestial Firebrand and TB/Viper Willbender. I WvW I swap the WB to a pure power (Dragon + Marauder) build, but for FB I pretty much keep the same build and stats.

Firebrand celestial OW PvE:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAc6FlVwuYdMM2IW2WfvUA-DyIY1o7/USQBkpQoXRQHSAFfVIAh7HAA-e

Firebrand is not a good build to solo hard bounties due the sustain is meh and the damage low, and any attempt to push one sinks the other, but is excellent for everything else (HPs, regular events, regular champions and harder ones as the bounty bandits, etc. The build has so much tools (reflects, aegis, stability access, AoE cc and damage... ) that you can have plenty of fun soloing things as long as you won't try to get speed runs. And for regular foes, the build just nukes everything in seconds...

When I chose to run Willbender the build has less tools, but the damage is way higher: instead of burst of 18-25 burns as with the FB WB easily can stack 35+ burns and reach 20k fire damage x tick. The gameplay is more frenetic and you must constantly use your virtues. Agin, lacks in sustain and dps compared with th top dogs, but I enjoy the gameplay:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABw+t7lVwUZeMM2IO2WbxUA-DSZYchRGsZMlRpJRH1kDXCCQ4+BA-e

I would add that I play those builds due I like the playstyle, no matter the performance: In terms of performance from the builds I like in OW I would rate cMirage > cVindi > pVindi > cRenegade > cWB > cFB, yet in terms of fun my rating would be pVindi > cFB > cRenegade > cWB > cMirage. So, a build being objectively better at one task doesn't mean that I will use it and ditch everything else. I'm currently playing only 2 builds at PvP and one of it is FB (despite being arguably the worst spec in that game mode), but I enjoy it and can make it work up to gold III, which is what matters to me (having fun).

👍 Glad you came around. I agree celestial firebrand is a top pick for OW for precisely the reasons you state here, and what I mention in the other thread. FB's ability to aoe, carry pugs in events, and support zergs make it incredibly versatile for most OW content, roaming or organized. 

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261
  • Thanks 1

Fb with axe sword and longbow.

celestial 

condi direction

relic is the eye with that huge aoe

i want get as much aoe as possible with quickness

max the loot but can also take down a champ solo

my jade bot is medic 3 and mount boost 3

open world i mostly care loot tagging and self substain.

if cc is needed the bane signet or hammer of wisdom

i don't advise go melee only or a full glass build to stressfull besides that u can go what ever u feel cool

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since I don't like the rework of mantras and tomes of anet so I gave up on open world firebrand (a while ago already) and took willbender instead. And I must say it doesn't disappoint me, I'm still using it until now: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAw+tlVUxSqaYhtu6WbnW0WbxMA-DyIY1o7vMyrqKMRd4QQBCR3/Z6RQFA-e

Well, some people might think it's weird what I have take in gear and ultys, but I did it intentionelly for my purpose, for example so that I don't have to rely on the portable united legions waystation for breaking defiance bars.

And for encounters where I need even more sustain and defence, I just change radiance with valor: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAw+tlVUxSqaYhtu6WbneyWbxMA-DyIY1o7vMyrqKMRd4QQBCR3/Z6RQFA-e

I mean depending on your taste honor would be possible too instead of valor.