No Rifts appearing in the new weekly Rift hunting achievements' maps

After the weekly reset we got new weekly Rift hunting achievements in different maps such as Domain of Istan, Elon Riverlands, etc. But there don't seem to be any Rifts appearing in any of these zones. We can use the "Scan for Rift" action but nothing happens, neither the graphical effect nor any marker on the map. After asking around in map chat in these zones, many other players are reporting the same. I've not seen any player report that they found a Rift.

Just did a quick check and it does seem to be working in Skyward Archipelago as well as Amnytas. Just not on any of the non-SotO maps.

• Like 1

Ok, I just entered a map instance of Elon Riverlands and this instance showed as only 39 minutes old, so it was definitely created after the weekly reset occurred. Everything worked normally there: Using the rift finder showed the visual effect, marked the red circle on the map and two other players and me were able to do a rift normally.

So it seems like map instances that were created before the time of the reset do not work, but new instances do.

2 hours ago, mdjoker.7489 said:

Ok, I just entered a map instance of Elon Riverlands and this instance showed as only 39 minutes old, so it was definitely created after the weekly reset occurred. Everything worked normally there: Using the rift finder showed the visual effect, marked the red circle on the map and two other players and me were able to do a rift normally.

So it seems like map instances that were created before the time of the reset do not work, but new instances do.

How do you check the age of a map? The info doesn't appear to be on -mapLoadInfo

There are people popping onto these maps to check for the weekly, and in doing so will keep these aging maps alive for longer.

Well, It's been 3  hours and I logged back in, went to Straights of Devastation and my Riftfinder is not working. I asked in map chat and got a reply from someone else that theirs is not working as well. Would old maps be closed since it's been 3 hours.  I'm now out of time to do the Daily since I've waited over 3 hours and all I keep getting are riftless maps and my time I have available to play is ending today.

Edited by Trealla.2597
  • Thanks 1

How do you check the age of a map? The info doesn't appear to be on -mapLoadInfo

There are people popping onto these maps to check for the weekly, and in doing so will keep these aging maps alive for longer.

If you have arcdps, enable the small Metrics overlay. If you mouse-over that small Metrics overlay, a larger window shows. The second line in that larger window is the instance's age.

Not so fun fact: Other players taught that to me yesterday when we tried to work around the mini dungeon bugs by force spawning new, fresh map instances.

Edited by mdjoker.7489
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Trealla.2597 said:

Well, It's been 3  hours and I logged back in, went to Straights of Devastation and my Riftfinder is not working. I asked in map chat and got a reply from someone else that theirs is not working as well. Would old maps be closed since it's been 3 hours.  I'm now out of time to do the Daily since I've waited over 3 hours and all I keep getting are riftless maps and my time I have available to play is ending today.

Yes, by now I have completed all weeklies successfully, except for Straits of Devastation. I always get loaded into a map instance which is over 19 hours old, which is before the reset. I guess the old maps can live that long. It should resolve itself in time, as old map instances get closed and new ones spawn.

But in any case it would be nice if that didn't happen at all and it would simply work from the start.

10 minutes ago, mdjoker.7489 said:

If you have arcdps, enable the small Metrics overlay. If you mouse-over that small Metrics overlay, a larger window shows. The second line in that larger window is the instance's age.

Thanks for this.

I've just completed a run in Straits of Devastation (EU) so the maps are gradually resetting. Perhaps day 2 of the week is a better time to be doing these.

• Thanks 1