Suggestion: Include League Rewards in unranked to minimize bots and leechers in ranked

zaced.7948

At this point i don't care who gets what and how much of it, i just want to play a handful of decent pvp games. The amount of afk-leechers (i assume botters for joining matches) and actual bots, repeating "routes" through the map has become insane, especially in the lower ranks (seen gold and silver so far in the last two months). Every second or third game there is 1-2 people afk from the start or running in a circle ignoring anything except their script timers.

While i understand that due to the nature of loss-farming it might be uncommon in higher ranks i don't think players of mechanically lower skill should have to put up with this.

Reporting seems to not matter, i've come across the same names for weeks, even months. And they are getting more and more.

Alternatively just don't give extra rewards for playing ranked, those who want to play will play for their ranking/bragging rights/fun. At this point the lower ranks are unplayable.

• Thanks 3

Gw2 ranked has gotten so bad that not only will players go afk while ur winning but I've also recently had my team call me toxic names for telling the afker who afk while we were ahead to play a different game if they are gonna afk...even when teams ahead. They proceeded to call me bad as im rampaging and hadnt died once saying die another 20 times etc etc, then another teamate started calling me names for calling out the afker lmao. I'm toxic for playing well and not afking, and for calling out the afker? This game has 0 hope with the players the game seems to attract these days, atleast pvp wise.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CallousEye.5018 said:

I get why someone would suggest this, but all it would do at best is move the problem from one part of the game to another.

Who cares if it does? Nobody is taking unranked seriously enough to care.

Everyone in there is playing to have fun, grind out dailies/tracks, or to get cross faded and 5-stack with homies. Better they get paid for it too.

There's already plenty of afks in unranked just as well even without rewards.

2 hours ago, CallousEye.5018 said:

The system probably needs to be more punitive with dishonor to players that are abusing.

That's been an option for so many years, but no, it never has been and probably never will be the case. PvP reports get tossed, and even if you had video/screenshot evidence, moderation would probably ban you for posting it because that's 'name-shaming.'

Can either add the rewards to unranked or accept the status quo, waiting for punishment that never has and likely never will come.

3 hours ago, CallousEye.5018 said:

I get why someone would suggest this, but all it would do at best is move the problem from one part of the game to another.

The system probably needs to be more punitive with dishonor to players that are abusing.

while i agree with eerything you said and would add that my suggestion would only be a bandaid but i would take that bandaid. I'd rather have a game mode deal with it that does by it's nature not care about climbing in rank and improving their "standing" on the ladder. the tradeoff they would get are additional rewards which may be worth it for them.

and yes, properly moderating the game would be the ideal solution but anet has never done that very effectively so i doubt that's realistic.

Edited by zaced.7948