Beautiful maps!

Flying around doing map completion last night, and I have to say wow the new maps are really lovely!  Sometimes you find those little spots that are just a chef's kiss of the art style and some vibrant details that make them come alive.  

Also thank you for having enough events to maintain a flow, enough NPCs to make it seem active, and the maps feel complete.  The rainbow in the waterfall must makes me smile.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I prefer core Tyria maps, they are beautiful AND performant, zero frame drops.

Good luck getting a constant frame rate on these new maps. They look good on screenshots tho 😄

Edit: Tested on a 3080, looking at any building = 48 fps 😅

Edited by elrin.4750
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Flying around doing map completion last night, and I have to say wow the new maps are really lovely!  Sometimes you find those little spots that are just a chef's kiss of the art style and some vibrant details that make them come alive.  

Also thank you for having enough events to maintain a flow, enough NPCs to make it seem active, and the maps feel complete.  The rainbow in the waterfall must makes me smile.  

Agreed, liking the new maps, love the HoT bits and seeing the critters there. the maps also have that HoT flow that its an adventure to discover the best ways to move around the maps to get from point to point. Say this as don't even have all the masteries unlocked yet.

• Like 4

The new maps are beautiful. One of the things I love to do when new maps are released is to explore them and find small details along the way. And sometimes come across some Easter eggs like the tombstone in new kaineng by the place one of the anet employee killed the little kitten on stream by “accident” before it was released. It means nothing to people who didn’t see it, but it might get a chuckle out of people who saw the stream when they come across it. They really got eye for details in this game. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

The new maps are beautiful. One of the things I love to do when new maps are released is to explore them and find small details along the way. And sometimes come across some Easter eggs like the tombstone in new kaineng by the place one of the anet employee killed the little kitten on stream by “accident” before it was released. It means nothing to people who didn’t see it, but it might get a chuckle out of people who saw the stream when they come across it. They really got eye for details in this game. 

Lol I think there was a collective shriek about the kitten when it happened...I know I did.  There are fun little details, and odd nooks to go explore.  They do excel in open world and maps, and good to see it feeling active and its own world 

• Like 2