PvE daily objectives reset - when?

Rubi Bayer Posted yesterday at 05:26 PM

Hi all, I want to share a couple of updates we have planned for daily objectives in the Wizard's Vault.

A number of you had a frustrating experience over the weekend with Valdhertz Crypts as part of your daily objectives list. We are working on an update that will remove the Valdhertz objective from the Wizard's Vault objectives rotation. That update will come tomorrow, August 29. When this goes live it will reset the PvE daily objectives--meaning that your existing PvE choices will change. If you've already completed your dailies at this point you will be able to do a second round for more Astral Acclaim. (You will not be able to claim a second bonus chest.)

It's 2 hours before reset and still no reset of the dailies as mentioned..... I'm afraid this will be a miss.

• Sad 3

• ArenaNet Staff

I just came across this thread, I'm sorry I missed it! This was surprising on our end, so some people are looking into it to understand what exactly happened. 

That said, I apologize that we communicated this was going to happen when it didn't--but thank you all for speaking up so we can investigate.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I just came across this thread, I'm sorry I missed it! This was surprising on our end, so some people are looking into it to understand what exactly happened. 

That said, I apologize that we communicated this was going to happen when it didn't--but thank you all for speaking up so we can investigate.

I have an account for NA and one for EU. It did reset on my EU account (daily completion chest was open and I had 3 fresh PvE objectives), but it did not on NA. 🤷‍♂️ Weirdness happened somewhere. Good luck on the investigation.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/30/2023 at 12:25 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

So, any news on what happened and when the promised reset will happen? (my guess is : never)

Edited by Blanche Neige.7241
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Blanche Neige.7241 said:

So, any news on what happened and when the promised reset will happen? (my guess is : never)

The "reset" was, to my understanding, just happening as a result of removing that one objective from the list. As long as that objective was removed, you are correct. The reset was never the goal, so there is no reason for it to happen as long as the actual goal was achieved.

Now, might a reset happen when other changes are made? Maybe. We know the plan is to add an additional objective to the daily next week. We'll see what happens.

12 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

The "reset" was, to my understanding, just happening as a result of removing that one objective from the list.

To my understanding, the reset was to compensate for the players who were unable to complete de daily achievement because of the bugged Vault thing.

Which is why only people who had selected PVE dailies were to have another shot to complete the daily achievement. People who only had PVP and/or WvW dailies were not covered by this reset.

5 minutes ago, Blanche Neige.7241 said:

To my understanding, the reset was to compensate for the players who were unable to complete de daily achievement because of the bugged Vault thing.

Which is why only people who had selected PVE dailies were to have another shot to complete the daily achievement. People who only had PVP and/or WvW dailies were not covered by this reset.

Ir was not a compesation just a statment that you would get extra 3 objectives so 30 aa when they reset the daily.

The reset did not work the way they thought so you only got the normal daily tasks instead.