What You Think About This Idea??

Adry.7512

What You Think About This Idea??  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should this idea be implemented into the game?

• Good Idea
    • Bad Idea
    • Maybe

Ok here s the description. After the Icebrood Saga, I would say that this was the ONLY content in the game as of today that left a very sour taste in my mouth. Looking at the community's response, it was a huge disappointment. Yes MANY wanted to be done with the dragons and it was dragging along too much, but it was a bit of a rushed ending for Jormag and Primo. What if they added to this? what if instead of them killing each other, they instead created a wormhole to an alternate world from the massive amount of energy they exerted in their clash, which teleported them somewhere else. We never saw their remains, nor anything, just a big flash and boom they were all gone. What if we use the fractals as an intermediator to travel between dimension and ACCIDENTLY stumble upon their location? Where we end up finding them engaging in an eternal battle. In this alternate reality, we can play as jormag's or primo's minions as we see the dragons clashing to death. Just a cool idea to redeem the ending of icebrood. What you think? No I am not saying an Xpac would be entirely this. Maybe an Xpac related to the fractals, looking to where the gods disappeared to, and accidently, we stumble unto this in our journey. Its a great way to expand on lore. I say to add it bit by bit in-between Xpacs, that way it doesnt take up an entire X-pac.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Of course I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not sure getting to see what sounds like an extended cut-scene (either an actual cut-scene or something going on in the background while we play out their minions fighting) would help the situation.

I think what disappointed a lot of people was that we didn't get the same build up to fighting those two dragons like we did with the others. There were bits here and there - Taimi discovering during Season 3 that they are each others weaknesses, the side-story collection which follows Primordius moving underground, Jormag threatening us in Icebrood Saga etc. but nothing like the dedicated story campaigns with the Pact learning how to fight them, shifting from defensive reactions to the dragons incursions to a focused offensive campaign culminating in a final battle. Even within Icebrood Saga they were often a secondary plot point to the charr civil war. It made both dragons feel like an after-thought, which was especially disappointing considering they were the first two to be introduced in GW1. (Kralkatorrik was present, but asleep and easy to mistake for a mountain.)

Unless you can work all that into the story (and then it probably would need a whole expansion) I don't think it would achieve anything, it would just be repeating the same problem again.

Also a minor point of clarification on the terminology: The Mists are what connects Tyria to other dimensions, like the gods home realms. Fractals are in-universe instances, they exist within the Mists but they can't actually change or influence anything, they just repeat endlessly so the only things you can really achieve within them is to gather items and information. If the dragons are trapped in a Fractal then it doesn't matter what happens to them, it will just keep repeating. They could kill each other, or one wins and survives, or both stop fighting, no matter what the Fractal will reset and they'll be back to the start again. So they'd have to be in another dimension, either within The Mists or outside of it but somehow connected like Tyria is, not a Fractal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Of course I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not sure getting to see what sounds like an extended cut-scene (either an actual cut-scene or something going on in the background while we play out their minions fighting) would help the situation.

I think what disappointed a lot of people was that we didn't get the same build up to fighting those two dragons like we did with the others. There were bits here and there - Taimi discovering during Season 3 that they are each others weaknesses, the side-story collection which follows Primordius moving underground, Jormag threatening us in Icebrood Saga etc. but nothing like the dedicated story campaigns with the Pact learning how to fight them, shifting from defensive reactions to the dragons incursions to a focused offensive campaign culminating in a final battle. Even within Icebrood Saga they were often a secondary plot point to the charr civil war. It made both dragons feel like an after-thought, which was especially disappointing considering they were the first two to be introduced in GW1. (Kralkatorrik was present, but asleep and easy to mistake for a mountain.)

Unless you can work all that into the story (and then it probably would need a whole expansion) I don't think it would achieve anything, it would just be repeating the same problem again.

Also a minor point of clarification on the terminology: The Mists are what connects Tyria to other dimensions, like the gods home realms. Fractals are in-universe instances, they exist within the Mists but they can't actually change or influence anything, they just repeat endlessly so the only things you can really achieve within them is to gather items and information. If the dragons are trapped in a Fractal then it doesn't matter what happens to them, it will just keep repeating. They could kill each other, or one wins and survives, or both stop fighting, no matter what the Fractal will reset and they'll be back to the start again. So they'd have to be in another dimension, either within The Mists or outside of it but somehow connected like Tyria is, not a Fractal.

Thanks for that clarification. Yea I see where you are coming from. It just feels so BAD that it ended this way, and I thought a redemption storyline would greatly fix that. Its the ONLY story in GW2 that was bad....and they chose the TWO MOST HYPED villains to mess up.

Oh yeah the ending was complete and utter trash. The entire Champions chapter writing was dumpster quality and I don't feel that's hyperbolic in any way. I felt actually embarrassed to be playing that chapter when I went through it. It was.... not good. Other than spectacular visuals in the last fight, there are no redeeming qualities about the final chapter and its conclusion. Everything up to that point was incredible I thought, even the controversial second part of Drizzlewood.

Sadly, I think we're just going to have to let it be. It feels so bad and will mar an otherwise largely fun storyline but I think at this point it may be entirely too late to salvage it. Though if they ever tried, I'd so be down to see what they did, even if it was through fractals like you suggest. That might be a best case scenario for the wreckage of that storyline. Maybe instead of them being physically teleported it would just be seeing alternate endings or fragments of alternate events surrounding the end of Primo and Jorgy and maybe something actually interesting about their champions.

I don't know. I'm just as disappointed as you and I wish Champions just didn't exist.

And I thought WoW's BfA and Shadowlands were some of the worst writing I'd encountered in an MMO.....

Edited by LameMule.4137