SotO leyline mastery working improperly outside SotO maps

Alright, haven't seen anybody else note this yet so here goes. While updrafts seem to work fine outside of SotO maps on the skyscale, the leylines fail to reset/refill its height limit when used. As a result, riding them upward carries the skyscale way above its height limit very quickly and turns the flight meter red, leading to two consequences: the skyscale gets bogged down so much that it has to be continuously adjusted to avoid falling out of the leyline, and as soon as it leaves the leyline, it starts dropping like a rock. I've observed this in a few different maps now, including Bloodstone Fen, Tangled Depths, and Dragonfall, so it seems to affect any of the 'original' leylines as far as I can tell.

Hopefully this can be remedied, since it's otherwise been a lot of fun messing with these new masteries in the old maps.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Timey.6853 said:

Alright, haven't seen anybody else note this yet so here goes. While updrafts seem to work fine outside of SotO maps on the skyscale, the leylines fail to reset/refill its height limit when used.

I have never tried the ley lines with skyscale outside SotO maps, because I don't like ley-lines with skyscale (you often can't easily break free without delay e.g. if you accidentally get too close to the ley-line) but checked this now in Ember Bay.

It's not only that the ley line does not refill the energy meter/hight limit, it removes all hight-energy on contact. The blue bar is emptied and then the red bar increases the longer the skyscale is in the ley-line. I checked this with a ley-line that doesn't go up for a while. And as a result, if you leave the ley-line, the skyscale can not even hold its previous hight from before the ley-line, but has to land. 

And I've noticed that the Ember Bay ley lines often lose the skyscale and the pull isn't strong enough. Especially when the ley-line goes around curves or corners with a tight radius.

For me this bug is a feature as long as Anet doesn't come up with a better way to quickly get out of a ley-line with the Skyscale. 😉

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

Just want to add that this is still an issue.

They have now given us a fix for getting out of leylines with mounts using F1 but my skyscale is still getting completely exhausted on the leylines in LWS3 maps. The leyline in Dragons End (post meta) is working correctly like the ones in SotO, I have leyline gliding but it's a pain to have to change constantly.

• Like 1

Has been mentioned in: 

Although I would like to say something has changed since I reported the bug (and the bug report was closed with a thank you for reporting) it appears that well not much has changed.
@Rubi Bayer.8493
Can this be escalated cause as far as I can see this has not been worked on since December 17, 2023 and we (your customers) would at least like some confirmation it is being looked at or worked on.

• Like 1

GM Grid

Friday at 02:39
Hello,

Thank you for contacting our team about a game issue that you experienced. The Guild Wars 2 Development Team is aware of this issue and team members currently are working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2. You can reach the forums via this link: https://forum.guildwars2.com/

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

GM Grid
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
https://help.guildwars2.com

So above is what I got in reply to the ticket I escalated it is known I guess unknown when it will be fixed though. Too bad it isn't added to Known Issues – Guild Wars 2 Support or something though (than I wouldn't have had to create an escalation ticket). I guess we'll be waiting a while.