Everything feels cheesy.

ConorT.5396

10 minutes ago, TheHealBus.4825 said:

If everything is cheesy, nothing is.

Well, if thats the case - the game lost its vibe and its feel for me.

People are spawning laser beams on elite skill cast, and generating marks on dodge. Not to sound too negative - but what the kitten... is this...

10 year old game, power creep is sure to be thing but I guess I just got to the age where this entire thing is seeming more & more like an anime. Its gross.

Edited by ConorT.5396
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, TheHealBus.4825 said:

If everything is cheesy, nothing is.

It is, the entire game is cheesy. The thing that carried GW2 is the fact it was a skill based game. But its lost that. It lost it in EoD, and even more so now in SOTO. 

It is now a purely casual game. You can use your skills and generate passive effects from a Relic gained by farming PvE to kill people - the game is done.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Game was always cheese though. At the start it was still fairly possible to balance classes properly but A-net decided to yolo and started to gimmick their game even more with removing condi caps because PvE players made wrong life choices and needed to be carried by devs and after that HoT happened and whole game rolled to hell with all the cheese.
At this point stop really caring, on top of that bs balance that we have, people are so cowardish these day that the moment you'll fight back with equal cheese bs they run away either to friends or portal, so stupid.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

They could axe the mobility of cheese builds but people would just complain again. Whether it be zerging or ganking.  Defending is kinda out of it now since most times especially if you have smaller numbers the average pugs won't be organized enough to  thin out a zergs numbers by baiting them out. Given when you have useless siege  everyone just accepts the fact that defensive siege blue cheese gives them the cheese touch. Since the only siege that does anything  that has a effect anymore is a treb to remove supply off the enemy attacker. Sure you got cannons but you'll just get ripped off the wall or given a bath of oily aoe. Arrow carts are like kitten in the wind compared to the old days.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ConorT.5396 said:

Everything, from roaming builds, Celestial condi stacking, perma-stealth, perma CC warriors etc... 

Zerg builds, with Heal Scourges, Long Bow Zerkers etc...

Everything feels cheese? Is it just me? Or does everything just feel ultra cheesy. 

It is you. We still live under the Feb '20 nerf bat patch. If you feel it's cheesy then it's the wet noodle meta that was created.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

True everyone want to undo that patch and boost condi dps by 100%. 

lol didn't say that. But unless I made my points badly, which might have happened, I was expecting the backlash on the tank & sustain builds since those buildouts weren't calling for the nerf bats but it seemed the glass on glass were calling foul prior to the nerf bat patch. Now the blame game as expected shifted to the more defensive builds. Patterns repeat.

Side note to be fair due to your point, I run condi, power, tank, support and sustain. I just dislike the witch hunts myself. So on that note I send an lol Emoji my snarky friend.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
edit: timeframe
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

But thats what people imply when they say they want to revert the patch that halved condi dps, lol.

That's IT! I blame you my friend!

Now Burn has a fair ball and can call me out and I accept. You though my friend will rue, yes rue the day, just saying! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, ConorT.5396 said:

Everything, from roaming builds, Celestial condi stacking, perma-stealth, perma CC warriors etc... 

Zerg builds, with Heal Scourges, Long Bow Zerkers etc...

Everything feels cheese? Is it just me? Or does everything just feel ultra cheesy.

I've seen you roam with cele harbinger as well , Mr paladin

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, ConorT.5396 said:

Relic of Isgarren currently is the icing on the cheesecake for those professions that get easy "auto evades" on their normal skills and don't even need to dodge to trigger it.

The fighting experience is continuously getting worse (both with expacs and skill balance *eyes the Lightning Orb nerf on Ele scepter to cull Cata, but hurting all other specs more*) and the strategy in WvW is long gone ("defence event disaster" + no-supply game + useless defensive sieges). As a large group commander, I can see why you are currently struggling Conor, when balance & relics made those large fights so predictable in their setup and outcome.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I don't know why so many complaints about that relic of Isgarren, 10% on strike (power or direct damage) which is mitigated by armor and is nothing new. Other effects buff strike same amount (Relic of weaver, Relic of fireworks, Relic of Dragon hunter, Relic of Deadeye, Relic of the Brawler). Mostly everything is CONDI now anyway. Isgarren is based off attack. Is there some kind of bug that is letting it stack the 10% effect or something?  SO, let's think it through, first it has to be triggered, then it is only a 10% increase in strike damage (direct damage) which is then mitigated by toughness(armor) and after all that it still based off landing the attack after. Surely, we can find something better to complain about!

Meanwhile, the boon ball meta is still around and we still can't have stability without a particular comp.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I just want to play my favorite spec and not feel like I need to log on a cheese spec to fight the other cheese specs. 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Crazy.6029 said:

only a 10% increase in strike damage

"Only"

You make it sound like there's something higher/better than that.

It is in fact now the best 10% strike damage relic to use due to the ease of it's upkeep that every class has access to, while the other relics require certain specs or conditions to happen, like using stances(warrior soulbeast weaver), or traps(dragonhunter ranger), or cantrips(untamed deadeye elementalist), or using protection or resolution on yourself, or the outrageous use a weapon skill that has over 20s cooldown.

Funny enough it's an expansion relic, while all the others are core. /notp2w!

And if you can't use any of those then use relic of the thief you peasants! It's only 5% strike increase. 😏

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Crazy.6029 said:

I don't know why so many complaints about that relic of Isgarren, .... Surely, we can find something better to complain about!

Meanwhile, the boon ball meta is still around and we still can't have stability without a particular comp.

I am just identifying the cheese Conor is probabaly referring to. (Concerning the Relic of Isgarren: AFAIK that one has no internal cooldown or limit on people being affected + the 10% Condi duration bonus, so it is one of the more potent things Anet has added to the arsenal)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Relics are kitten and so boring. In many of my builds relics barely do anything or are too boring to use. Some of them sound good, but are just stupid weak. Like i was planing that i go middle of enemy group with my necro, drop plaque lands and enemies get pulled in damage field and i get shield. Shield last like second, but even mobs won't get pulled. Just kitten me off even use kitten like that. 🤦‍♂️

Sure you have relic for dodge spammer, relic for block spammer, relic for trap spammer, relic for heal skill spammer, relic for stealth spammer and so on, but most of relics are almost useless if you don't abuse some mechanic. Fireworks relic only works if you have many damage skills that have long cool down.

By the way why anet added thief relic, daredevil relic and deadeye relic? There isn't ranger relic, druid relic, soul beast relic for example.