Are we loosing him ? Mighty teapot

On 8/31/2023 at 10:13 PM, Freya.9075 said:

teapot is a good content creator. I’ve seen some of his stuff, but it’s not quite my preference. if I want to watch streams or videos I go for mukluk as his humor is closer to my own goofy humor. And his editor is really funny as well. A good team.

Op is giving content creators way too much power here. These streamers are not the reason why half of the new players start the game. I have not met one person that say they started playing the game because of them. People who are already playing the game and is quite engaged with it are the ones who will watch these things. 

I started in large part due to one of the videos wing posted of them flying their gryphons. Community created content is important ^^ 

Teapot, Lara and Mukluk have all been beneficial to me as a player and kept me more engaged in the game thanks to their content being helpful and entertaining 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I actually agree with Teapot most of the time, and though I usually don't watch any streams, I do enjoy watching his videos.

But I don't think this thread adds any value to the forums discussions, because (1) I don't see him leaving the game anytime soon, (2) it is perfectly normal for someone to play more than just one game, and (3) as an adult, if he wants to leave, he will, so this discussion is really pointless in that regard. 😄

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

16 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I actually agree with Teapot most of the time, and though I usually don't watch any streams, I do enjoy watching his videos.

But I don't think this thread adds any value to the forums discussions, because (1) I don't see him leaving the game anytime soon, (2) it is perfectly normal for someone to play more than just one game, and (3) as an adult, if he wants to leave, he will, so this discussion is really pointless in that regard. 😄

How dare you. How dare you bring logic, rationality and reason to this forum

Hang your head in shame!

(just so we are clear, I still called first dibs on his stuff. We all saw that, right?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 12

1 minute ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Hang your head in shame!

(just so we are clear, I still called first dibs on his stuff. We all saw that, right?)

🤣

I am sorry. *hangs head in shame* And yes, of course, his stuff is all yours, I don't want any of it! *carefully backs off and hides hands behind her back*

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/3/2023 at 4:33 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

Hang your head in shame!

On 9/3/2023 at 4:38 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

🤣

I am sorry. *hangs head in shame* And yes, of course, his stuff is all yours, I don't want any of it! *carefully backs off and hides hands behind her back*

I simply do not have anywhere near the bank capacity to take his 40 accounts' worth of stuff.

• Haha 5

Teapots big mistake was sticking with GW2 exclusively for too long and trying too hard to make it work. Its not a coincidence that almost every significant streamer does multiple games.

Trying to squeeze 6 hours a day 7 days a week worth of content out of gw2 exclusively for many years in a row requires a magnificent (absurd?) stubborn streak. Most of the other interesting personalities just don't have that so he finds himself alone here.

Why would anyone be worried that Teapot streams wow? Are you afraid he's deserting a sinking ship?

• Like 8
  • Confused 4

Streamers come and go. No one of them is the backbone of a community and if your entire life hinges on a single streamer sticking around that is something you have to resolve. The game should be fun on its own not what streamer X says and you should play it your way.

What got me into GW2 now is my friends, not a streamer. If I were to be honest Teapot is not in my top list of streamers I watch for GW2 information or content. He might be knowledgeable but the way he does and says things isn't my cup of tea, as it were. And people get burnout. I am shocked he did an entire zero to hero thing just to show off you can play GW2 without paying any money towards it and didn't burn out.

Honestly, groupies are not what a game like GW2, or any MMO for that matter, needs. Because they are only there to follow the one influencer. Play the game to have fun.

Also as an aside, it's lose not loose. Lose is when something is gone or can't be found. Loose is when your shoes need to be tied.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Also as an aside, it's lose not loose. Lose is when something is gone or can't be found. Loose is when your shoes need to be tied.

Also as an aside, explaining jokes does not make them funnier... especially the unintentional ones. Does everyone really need to tie their shoes? 😁

Edited by floppypuppy.5789
  • Confused 2

On 9/1/2023 at 12:40 PM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

where is he, and the big supporters of Soon Woon meta now? are they in LFG everyday creating squads?

On EU servers organizing groups with randos within his discord. A lot of bigger streamer organize in discords moreso than the game itself. It's just the fact that not everyone knows that he organizes in discords because it is significantly quicker than doing it in game. 

Not saying this because I watch his content, but more from hersay.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

MightyTeapot does a lot for the game as a streamer; but he's but one of many, but the game's popularity and player base doesn't hinge on him staying with the game. Except for periods where you have drops; how many viewers does he average? Max 2K per stream, I bet. But there's far more concurrent players than 2K, and I would bet the majority of players don't even use platforms such as Twitch or Youtube streaming to follow this game.

Just as much as it doesn't hinge on Wooden Potatoes, Deroir, Bog Otter, Aurora Peachy, Laranity, Vallun, AyinMaiden, Kroof, Rookuri, Preach, etc. etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Streamers and content creators do contribute to the visibility of this game.

However, we should not overestimate this effect.

Teapot is but 1 of many streamers. I watched him a few times, and seen some videos.
Sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I don't but I do appreceate him for always wanting to discus and not burn someone down for having a different view.

He plays gw2 a lot... I mean a LOT. I kinda feel he might be burned out a bit, and focussing on other games is then a good option.

Take for example another streamer: MukLuk. Happened to him too.
When he introduced more variety in his content, it really helped him get over that.

Teapot should do what he loves to do, if that means laying the game down for a while or forever, so be it. Gw2 won't die due to that.

• Like 5

On 8/31/2023 at 3:49 PM, Kozumi.5816 said:

Yeah, I've never seen a boss in a video game that does not attack(Amnytas meta)

Well you don't see the tentacles swinging, but somehow there are usually plenty of people lying around in downstate.

Just because you don't see a boss hitting you, it doesn't mean it's a Pinata (which is the only "boss" in GW2 that actually does not attack back).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/31/2023 at 6:04 AM, Nightcore.5621 said:

In the newest stream he says he been playing alot og wow myth raid lately .. we cant loose him to world of Warcraft. Just release more hard content so old veterans wont feel like 95% of what we get is a joke

Who cares about this, LOL

Sounds like the game will shut down if this whatever he called streamer plays another game, lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2023 at 7:44 PM, magickthief.6492 said:

hopefully, we are

Indeed. If some streamer not playing this game causes some people to quit playing, then good riddance. The community is better off without them, especially without this guy simping so hard on some streamer. Either that or he's the actual streamer himself posting on his alt account incognito to get attention. Either way, bye Felicia.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4