Weaponmaster Training - Holosmith and maybe more classes.

Hello, Holosmith has a 'heating' bar to increase certain spells their damage, as of the start it I think only works for shield and sword.

Now that Weaponmaster training has been added, it won't make much sense with classes like these to use any other set of weapon than
the only ones who are affected by said extra dmg modifier. 

In short, If I would like to run dual pistol on Holosmith I lose a lot of damage, the fix here could be having and weapon you use be able to build up extra
damage as well via this heating mechanic, I am not saying the spells need to do as much dmg as the main set (sword / shield)  but to have the modifiers
be added to any weapon you pick up for use.

Maybe expand duration, damage or anything else these other weapons give us, but to have the holosmith its core function not function 
on other weapons makes weaponmaster useless. 

Would be super awesome if we could have that working on each weapon you use. 

Not quite. Yes, you're (Almost) right, only Sword is affected by Heat, but e.g. Rifle has a much higher base damage anyway, no matter what your Heat level is.

Before the last or second-to-last round of big balance changes, Rifle has always been the weapon of choice for Power Holo builds, despite lacking that Heat mechanic altogether.
The thing about Holo only having Heat mechanics on Sword didn't change with Weaponmaster Training, nor did the "usefulness" of weapons other than Sword.

Also, funny side note: The very build you're mentioning (Pistol / Pistol) is actually the build SnowCrows recommends for Condi Holo.
Just because they don't have a Heat mechanic, that doesn't make them "weak" - they're just used for a different purpose, that's it.

Someone on the SC Discord even experimented with Hammer Holo (Definitely not a rickroll) and got some decent numbers out of it.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 1:16 PM, Nightara.1804 said:

Not quite. Yes, you're (Almost) right, only Sword is affected by Heat, but e.g. Rifle has a much higher base damage anyway, no matter what your Heat level is.

Before the last or second-to-last round of big balance changes, Rifle has always been the weapon of choice for Power Holo builds, despite lacking that Heat mechanic altogether.
The thing about Holo only having Heat mechanics on Sword didn't change with Weaponmaster Training, nor did the "usefulness" of weapons other than Sword.

Also, funny side note: The very build you're mentioning (Pistol / Pistol) is actually the build SnowCrows recommends for Condi Holo.
Just because they don't have a Heat mechanic, that doesn't make them "weak" - they're just used for a different purpose, that's it.

Someone on the SC Discord even experimented with Hammer Holo (Definitely not a rickroll) and got some decent numbers out of it.

Thanks for the reply, yes you are right I am thinking of the old build with the sword, didnt know about the rifle.
Nor did I know the pist pist condi build was an option, tho even if the rifle is stronger, I would still love the heat doing something
for any weapon slotted, what ever the modifier might be so that it stays balanced, its just nice to work for the rotation with that extra
element, but its only on 1 or 2 weapons?

Anyhow I don't think after your reply they will implement it cuz I can understand there is no need for it to be real, but it still again would be very nice
Why else watch the Heat closely, not just for the overheating but also for an extra bonus if you do it right when going out of "shroud" 

anyhow thanks again!

9 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Some weapons got special patch notes. I think sword because of holo was in there as well. Look at the top post here:

Coefficients got a bit increased. (Might just feel more comfortable to not have to do heat management lol.) But for now I enjoy my hammer on mechanist. 😄

When EoD came out I was like okay now I HAVE to get the mechanist as last class, cause I just did not want to touch any of its builds, its the only class I really do not like, but Holosmith.. freaking love it.