Would be awesome if rifts and the soto metas could drop motivations.

The soto metas feels rather underwhelming rewards wise, imo it would add to their lucrative-ness if they had a chance to drop some motivations (maybe t1 for map 1, t2 for amnytas and t3 for the third map soon tm) this would make the rift hunts also alot less miserable and the grind for the armor abit more bearable.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

The point of the rift/motivation system is that a cost is intrinsically attached to every rift, which gives motivations their value. 

If motivations are just issued for free on meta completion, they become worthless. They wouldn't even be worth the materials it takes to craft them. An item where the whole is worth less than the sum of its parts. 

Edited by GeraldBC.4927
  • Like 2

I believe they wanted there to be a sink with motivations. If those were able to be looted, it would just make crafting them pointless. If you have have 50 players doing a rift, there’s a high chance that at least one of them would get the drop. At that point, you may as well not require motivations in the first place. 

Edited by enigmatic.3576
There not their

3 hours ago, solzuul.6294 said:

Would be nice if we could at least get some t1 essences from meta events involving rifts. Maybe even higher tier rifts giving some lower tier rewards? 

I'm more for this^^ approach. Metas and some of the events, those where you close rifts f.e., could give t2 essences. Maybe the Amnytas meta could even give t2 or t3 ones. This would definitely make the metas more appealing, improve longevity and would make farming essences at least a bit more interesting than it is now.

Edited by Omega.6801
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2023 at 4:05 PM, GeraldBC.4927 said:

The point of the rift/motivation system is that a cost is intrinsically attached to every rift, which gives motivations their value. 

If motivations are just issued for free on meta completion, they become worthless. They wouldn't even be worth the materials it takes to craft them. An item where the whole is worth less than the sum of its parts. 

Could be part of the hero's choice chest and then a uncommon drop after that. That way repeated rift grinds will drain your reserves quick, hell till we get map 3 you would be using your earned motivations to craft higher tier ones.

• Confused 1

Currently motivations (uncommon and rare) go for 4 and 8 ish gold and you dont get anywhere near that value from a rift hunt. Theres not much fun from this system as it currently stands. Coupled with rifts not being an improvement over bounties and its a negative on top of a negative. Balancing out how rewarding the soto content is would mellow out some of the other negatives which need more work to make them fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I wish the motivations were solely for tracking the rifts, and consuming it if you elect to get more rewards. I’m not a huge fan of it being required and consumed to complete the rift.

Not asking for it to be changed, it would be difficult, as the election to consume it is on the boss summon mechanic. Just wish it didn’t work that way.

• Like 1

They're pretty easy to come by with the essences, just have to do the events achievements and map completion, no problem. Especially the essences and the motivations are very easy to craft, up to tier 3 at least beyond that I have no idea if there's any thing there. I doubt that they can be farmed in the traditional way by posting up in a spot and letting a bot go to work.

But to be honest that's a plus right. A fair shake for everyone, noone getting an unfair advantage by utilizing their credit card and real life coding skills.

Edited by Widebody.5071

On 8/31/2023 at 8:00 PM, enigmatic.3576 said:

I believe they wanted their to be a sink with motivations.

Great sink having to waste them in order to craft them. 😉 It's a bit like the dog chasing its own tail. 😄

P.S. Rift events get so extremely boring so fast... Oof. 😑

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1