If staff 4 was a smoke field.

Psycoprophet.8107

If staff 4 was a smoke field similar to black powder would that help bring viable to staff builds in pvp? Staff is a fun weapon and sad it's pretty much never been a meta pick for DD pvp builds, be nice to have a change up from the always staple builds. Also would it give a sustain option for non CS builds that use invigorating precision? Being able to combo bound and staff 5 with a smoke field from staff 4 would allow staff to be more of a viable pick for dueling or brawler builds in pvp.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 2

Part of the issue imo is that thief has a weapon swap CD and really shouldn't - which would unlock easy black powder access on an off-weapon. At that, you can already combo bound into powder from the off weapon set, and vault if you use a swap.

Staff 4 is already a ranged blind with some vuln. I think it's also a (small) AoE. I'd rather thief have options to be burlier out of stealth then shoving stealth options into more weapons.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Curennos.9307 said:

Part of the issue imo is that thief has a weapon swap CD and really shouldn't - which would unlock easy black powder access on an off-weapon. At that, you can already combo bound into powder from the off weapon set, and vault if you use a swap.

Staff 4 is already a ranged blind with some vuln. I think it's also a (small) AoE. I'd rather thief have options to be burlier out of stealth then shoving stealth options into more weapons.

I agree with pretty much everything u said, it's just dd being beefier has been requested since it's been added to the game and yet it's the one thing anet avoids messing with, they always seem to berf or buff everything else on the spec but never buffbits sustain.

32 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I agree with pretty much everything u said, it's just dd being beefier has been requested since it's been added to the game and yet it's the one thing anet avoids messing with, they always seem to berf or buff everything else on the spec but never buffbits sustain.

Probs because buffing DrD to be beefier outside of stealth won't work unless something cuts off the spec's access to stealth - otherwise you get a beefy hunk of a dudebro who can run staff and d/p if they want, plus the stealth heal, utility, or w/e else they want.

They probs should have based the spec around revealed and given it a trait called 'only cowards hide' or something of that goofy nature, then had the trait make every bit of stealth applied to the thief convert into revealed. Then go from there and let players use traits to customize/buff revealed how they like.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1