Event Frustration

I'm loving the new expansion, but have hit my first point of frustration.  Having done all the 'commune' mastery insights, I'm attempting to get more by completing the various areas' event chains.  But in several areas, the last one or two events I need never seem to spawn.  Sections of the event train start regularly, and I have completed these several times, waiting for the event I need to appear.  But it doesn't.  In HoT which had a similar system, eg in Verdant Brink, the event chain would start at the beginning and run reliably through to the end.  Why doesn't this happen in SotO?

Examples of the events I am talking about are:-

Rata Novus/Primal Maguuma:  'Destroy Egg Nests'

Droknar's Light: 'Pacify Belligerent Dwarves'

Skyward Marches: Help the Astral Ward drive back the Forged, and 'Convince Zaishen Deserters..etc'

Jade Mech Habitation:  Defeat the Ministry of Transit Boss.

Is this a design feature intended to frustrate/make us wait around endlessly for events to start?  Or a bug?  Or what?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I can't really help with the problem but this is my normal experience. When I decided to complete the achievements for doing all the events in each Tangled Depths lane after I'd done the meta in each one several times and 100% completed the map I found I was missing 1 event in each. Somehow every time I'd been there I'd missed the same one (often, but not always, the first). I've had the same in other areas but that one stood out because exactly the same thing happened 4 times in 1 map.

My solution was pretty much to wait. I checked where in the event chain each one occurred and tried to be in the area at the right time to catch it. For the ones that were first in the chain it meant staying on the map after the meta ended so I'd be there when it restarted and could do the first event. It was time consuming, but while I was waiting I ran around the area and found some other stuff I'd previously missed.

Different events, but also frustrating: eleven years in and I'm still waiting for Orr temple defense events to fail. You'd think they'd know this would be an issue. Again. Five days in, regularly checking in, but all temples are uncontested every time. I don't want to spend all my time waiting in Orr for my last event for the "possessed" emote, but I guess I'll have to.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Molesworth.1684 said:

Rata Novus/Primal Maguuma:  'Destroy Egg Nests'

Droknar's Light: 'Pacify Belligerent Dwarves'

Skyward Marches: Help the Astral Ward drive back the Forged, and 'Convince Zaishen Deserters..etc'

Jade Mech Habitation:  Defeat the Ministry of Transit Boss.

Is this a design feature intended to frustrate/make us wait around endlessly for events to start?  Or a bug?  Or what?

Three of the 4 were definitly parts of bugged event chains at the beginning. After several updates I think they usuallly happen every 15-30 minutes now.  of course, still possible that they are buggy and are blocked.

6 hours ago, Molesworth.1684 said:

In HoT which had a similar system, eg in Verdant Brink, the event chain would start at the beginning and run reliably through to the end.  Why doesn't this happen in SotO?

In Skywatch Archipelago are smaller, more independent, event chains and that some event chains are part of the same achievement is maybe somehow a little bis misleading into thinking it is one serial event chain.

Maybe this is intentional (because fractals, chaos and so on) or maybe that is just lazyness of the devs.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1