Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Dagger Dagger Thief needs some skills reworked


weed.3761

Recommended Posts

I was always a fan of assassins wielding 2 daggers, but in gw2 playing double daggers on Thief is more punishing than anything. Skills 2 and 5 are great, but skills 3 and 4 are a big waste of space and feel very outdated. It would really help if you added Quickness to it's kit, for quick burst and a survival skill. Not to mention,  the only usable elite skill is Dagger Storm.. 

Thief's utility skills are great, but it's sad that you need to use those slots for condi cleanse, stun break and shadowstep and the cool skills like Assassin's Signet are never used. 

I have all expansions, but still love the core thief and I wish the true double dagger assassin will be viable someday

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's not go around adding quickness to everything, maybe just bump the damage of #3 a bit if needed and...personalyl I think #4 needs a redesign, it doesn't really seem to have a niche (or at least, it has one - the cripple, and smol condi dmg, but it doesn't land often and the ini is better used elsewhere). 2 is also actually not that great imo, except if the enemy health is under 50% or you need it as a gap closer. Making it more useful at higher health targets would be lovely

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I agree with you, it will hardly change as its been this way since launch. The idea is have option between power and condi.  It works for skills on #2 and #4 slots , but its just a mess for the slot #3 and #1 skills.

Dagger/dagger

Pistol/pistol

Both are unviable trash since launch so if in 10y they didnt move away and just made them pure power...

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2023 at 3:36 PM, Curennos.9307 said:

Let's not go around adding quickness to everything, maybe just bump the damage of #3 a bit if needed and...personalyl I think #4 needs a redesign, it doesn't really seem to have a niche (or at least, it has one - the cripple, and smol condi dmg, but it doesn't land often and the ini is better used elsewhere). 2 is also actually not that great imo, except if the enemy health is under 50% or you need it as a gap closer. Making it more useful at higher health targets would be lovely

I'm all for reworking dagger 4, but I hear it's quite useful against resses because the bouncy dagger deals a lot of damage? correct me if I'm wrong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I'm all for reworking dagger 4, but I hear it's quite useful against resses because the bouncy dagger deals a lot of damage? correct me if I'm wrong

Only if you're stuck on that weapon set for w/e reason, then yes, but the tooltip I think barely edges out heartseeker on the downed body if you absolutely must. Otherwise everyone is probs running shortbow or a weapon that does it better. There are improvements that could be made to the skill itself- a faster projectile to land it more reliably at range, for one. It just feels like the skill hasn't really kept up with the times.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2023 at 6:17 AM, Flumek.9043 said:

While I agree with you, it will hardly change as its been this way since launch. The idea is have option between power and condi.  It works for skills on #2 and #4 slots , but its just a mess for the slot #3 and #1 skills.

Dagger/dagger

Pistol/pistol

Both are unviable trash since launch so if in 10y they didnt move away and just made them pure power...

...

@Eddie.9143

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...