Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Please remove mirror match algorithm from matchmaking


zaced.7948

Recommended Posts

Recently i've been having trouble regarding the algorithm trying to match the same class against each other. The offending party here is core guardian. While one team gets a meta core guardian support the other often gets some janky homebrew core guardian and plays without support, causing an extreme blowout. Recently i've been very often on both sides of the coin and neither is fun. I would imagine depending on the meta this can happen to any class that has a support spec.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zaced.7948 said:

Recently i've been having trouble regarding the algorithm trying to match the same class against each other. The offending party here is core guardian. While one team gets a meta core guardian support the other often gets some janky homebrew core guardian and plays without support, causing an extreme blowout. Recently i've been very often on both sides of the coin and neither is fun. I would imagine depending on the meta this can happen to any class that has a support spec.

yeah, it's an issue with ele too. it's called the matchmaker doesn't take roles into account at all. one team getting a support can completely skew the match, especially if the support has a duo partner who works with them effectively.

only solution I've ever been able to think of would be people marking a role before hitting queue, but I suspect people would just lie and their roles and ruin it anyhow, so probably no point in doing anything.

only solution is to learn a heal build and swap to it when your team lacks one. sorry buddy, sometimes carrying feels lame.

Edited by Bunbury.8472
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Bunbury.8472 said:

yeah, it's an issue with ele too. it's called the matchmaker doesn't take roles into account at all. one team getting a support can completely skew the match, especially if the support has a duo partner who works with them effectively.

only solution I've ever been able to think of would be people marking a role before hitting queue, but I suspect people would just lie and their roles and ruin it anyhow, so probably no point in doing anything.

only solution is to learn a heal build and swap to it when your team lacks one. sorry buddy, sometimes carrying feels lame.

i actually mostly encountered this when playing guardian myself. playing yesterday i was just steamrolling teams with offensive core guardians, especially during off times they appear often to be f2p players with weird and ineffective homebrew builds. however, when i play something else and i have a guardian on my team (and the opponent has one as well), would i swap and risk playing with 2 supports? people rarely talk in ranked, even if you ask them directly.

honestly, i was a lot into gw2 pvp a while ago but after i came back to the game it seems like a completely different game mode. has anything been done to adress core issues with the game in recent years? it seems to me at this point 80% of the "skill" in pvp is how good you can manipulate that insane matchmaking algorithm.

Edited by zaced.7948
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, zaced.7948 said:

honestly, i was a lot into gw2 pvp a while ago but after i came back to the game it seems like a completely different game mode. has anything been done to adress core issues with the game in recent years? it seems to me at this point 80% of the "skill" in pvp is how good you can manipulate that insane matchmaking algorithm.

population is at an all time low. pvp is almost dead.

with the combination of new accounts being rated gold 1 when they enter ranked, and there being a tiny player base the matchmaker just can't produce good games. you will be playing against new steamies and the top players on the leader board, often in the same game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Barabbas.8715 said:

No. Just no. The real problem is blokes who will call a point, like home, then not back you up. That's why PVP sucks. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

seems more like a personal gripe than an actual problem to me.

  

17 hours ago, Bunbury.8472 said:

population is at an all time low. pvp is almost dead.

with the combination of new accounts being rated gold 1 when they enter ranked, and there being a tiny player base the matchmaker just can't produce good games. you will be playing against new steamies and the top players on the leader board, often in the same game.

i have actually encountered that quite a fair amount. the worst offenense to that i have experienced so far is a platinum duo on my team playing against a dude on the other team, asking what's happening to him all the time and admitting being in bronze and not being able to figure out why he's dying instantly.

i guess years of neglect and a meta driven to the very extremes of both sides (infinite block/invuln/evade chains on one side and one-shot specs on the other) finally bears fruit and we're seeing the consequences. i will probably finish up my legendary backpiece by abusing core guardian support (my winrate has become quite high with that) and then seek greener pastures in other games for my pvp needs.

Edited by zaced.7948
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...