Old Lion's Court Strike - Unavoidable death?

Chyro.1462

Heya.

Just asking this for my own peace of mind, cause I'm pretty sure there was nothing I could've done. Or if there was something I could have done, maybe I'll learn how to do better.

The following happened: During the phase where all 3 knights are present and doing their damaging mechanics, our squad decided we flip the red knight's aoe from inside-safe to outside-safe so we have more space for the other mechanics. While breaking the defiance bar, I got targeted by the blue knight's mechanic - the teleporting orb, which spawned it within the red knight's donut aoe. So the donut gets flipped, inside (where the blue teleport orb is) becomes deadly - I run out of it but of course the blue orb teleports me back in right before the red aoe explodes. It's a one-shot insta death as with all the flip-able aoes in this fight, and I'm quite sure a dodge roll can't save you from it. The squad lead acted as if I should've been able to dodge it, and said something along the lines of 'heals should be able to survive the hit' and 'should have dodged it' - even though it's the one-shot aoe that is flip-able by defiance. Did he mean that the blue mechanic is somehow dodgeable? Or did he just not understand what happened to me after I explained it?

Was there anything I could've done to survive in this situation? Am just a bit upset cause the squad disbanded afterwards (was the 2nd attempt, on the 1st I was the last one standing) and the lead made it sound like I wasn't even trying even though I did everything right to the best of my knowledge.

Edited by Chyro.1462

All red fields from Blue must be placed at the edge of the arena anyway, not at the center. Simply walk out of any potentially dangerous zones when the small circles appear and be sure that you stand in a safe spot that won't turn red when the sound queue pops up, then place it accordingly.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

All red fields from Blue must be placed at the edge of the arena anyway, not at the center. Simply walk out of any potentially dangerous zones when the small circles appear and be sure that you stand in a safe spot that won't turn red when the sound queue pops up, then place it accordingly.

Yes but if you get the blue mechanic inside the reds small aoe while ccing red then run away with the blue to the edge.

Then get teleported back to the small red just as it explode you cant dodge it.

and that is what the OP asked about

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes but if you get the blue mechanic inside the reds small aoe while ccing red then run away with the blue to the edge.

Then get teleported back to the small red just as it explode you cant dodge it.

and that is what the OP asked about

No. The blue circles form first, and only every third blue circle phase, someone is picked. It also takes a bit until someone gets picked after the blue circles manifest, which means you have enough time to plan in advance how to position yourself.

Yes, it takes practice, and yes, it doesn't always work out as planned. 😉

• Confused 2