Taking too long to receive my code.

I find it pretty funny that i purchased 2 expansions ( been away from the game for a while) over half an hour ago and no redeem codes have been sent to me. What kind of backward system is this? It's 2023, surely you can link a purchase to the account that is logged in the websites shop, 2010 called and they want their redeem codes back!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoarPowah.6152 said:

I find it pretty funny that i purchased 2 expansions ( been away from the game for a while) over half an hour ago and no redeem codes have been sent to me. What kind of backward system is this? It's 2023, surely you can link a purchase to the account that is logged in the websites shop, 2010 called and they want their redeem codes back!

If you bought an expansion from GW2 webshop (link) in the last stage after you have paid you will get redirect to page where you can see your serial code (which also will be sent to your email for that account).

You can use that serial key (redeem) on your account the moment you have paid, but this might depend if you have an "older" account which doesn't need to confirm that you are an active owner of that account (you have used payment methods that are known to payment provider for Arene Net) or have created a new account or an account which you haven't used any payment on before for some time to avoid possible fraud with credit card or payment methods.

To be sure you will add that serial key to the correct account that you plan to play on, make sure to log out completely from your account.arena.net account and log in with the correct account (email and password) to that account you want to redeem that serial key on.

If you want to create a second account and add it there (in case you already have another paid account and want a second account with this expansion, then you have to add (redeem) on that account instead).

The time it will take to get serial key sent email is depending on what payment method you used, how fast they handle (clear) with Arena Nets Payment provider and from there can take around 12 hour.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409418344467-Why-is-it-taking-so-long-to-receive-the-serial-code-I-just-purchased-

This system gives you the opportunity to choice which account to have what expansion.