So what is the World Spire actually?

Cynder.2509

After doing several Amnytas metas I asked myself what this thing is for. What happens if it gets destroyed? Is it a ward to protect Thyria (the planet)? 
So many questions. Also what do the Kryptis and Eparch hope to gain from inavding? What other realms are out there? Will we ever see Nayos? 
I love this game and its lore 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Cynder.2509 said:

After doing several Amnytas metas I asked myself what this thing is for. What happens if it gets destroyed? Is it a ward to protect Thyria (the planet)? 
So many questions. Also what do the Kryptis and Eparch hope to gain from inavding? What other realms are out there? Will we ever see Nayos? 
I love this game and its lore 

1. The World Spire a structure built around a MASSIVE Shadowstone. You can see it when you fly down to the PoI underneath the main platform. I don't think it's ever explicitly stated what it does, but it sounds to be getting used to help regulate magic and protect from the Mists entirely, having been formed in the years shortly after the Six Gods first arrived.
  2. Eparch's true motivations aren't fully clear but there are various dialogues here and there alluding to it. But he seems to have a particularly keen interest in Amnytas and the Wizard's Tower from his short time living there.
  3. Quite a lot - other worlds, other afterlife realms, etc. The Realm of Dreams' naming is pretty parallel to the Realm of the Dead (The Underworld), Realm of Torment, Realm of Travail, and Realm of War (Fissure of Woe).
  4. It's built up that Nayos will be our mysterious third map coming in, well, 2.5 months.