(?) Profession *Skills* Expansion at some point.. (?)

KGUN.8374

Hi, (please don't move my post to the Guardian section

I wanted to first be straight forward to the point with a question.
Why aren't there certain types of skills for Heal skill & Elite Skill?

Example: guardian spirit skills for Heal skill, and Elite skill.
This question is probably / likely not just with guardian, but Guardian is what I enjoy playing and I main, so I will talk about this, as I'm familiar(with Guard).  'Other players; feel free to reply about all the other classes and if there's similarities with the missing skills.

For example,  - but I Don't know how much this would apply, DH gets, Heal skill Trap, and Elite Skill Trap (right?) - and I understand it's one of the Elite-Specs,- And yes I have the expansions and not a free account player.

-- so This is why it's a Profession skills expansion, to expand on what types we have already.

So, Profession Skills Expansion. Will it happen(?..)

Again, I'm going to use the Guardian Spirit weapons as my big example and I will go into detail about the 2 skills that could be added.

- I Don't know if there's a lore reason why there's only the Four spirit weapon skills...

Bow of Truth
Hammer of Wisdom
Shield of Avenger
Sword of Justice

Can we get 

Mace of Honor  ( Heal skill )
Staff of Enlightenment ( Elite Skill )

Anyways,  That's basically it.  If you want to read on about my ideas for 
Mace of Honor
Staff of Enlightenment

Below are my notes and ideas - if you know/play guardian, you know these would be awesome. 
- To be honest, I admit some of it might be a bit much or " OP " but it's relevant, or to do with the type of skill, heal skill being important.. to heal, and elite is supposed to be something substantial or highly beneficial !  🙂
Here's my notes:

'Mace of Honor' / spirit mace [ (Spirit) Healing skill ]
=
Visually a bit similar to Mace Symbol skill.
*MoH =
Skill has short cast time, Upon pressing heal skill activates 1 stack Stability,
+ heal-self: x-amount
Spirit Mace - Quickly - Smashes the ground at players position
Effects include: 
..AOE = Resistance = Radius 240
..AOE = Regeneration = Radius 240

'Staff of Enlightenment' / Spirit Staff [ (Spirit) Elite Skill ]
=
Visually, Similar to Staff Skill #2 Holy Strike.
*SoE =
' beam of light strikes the ground, then shows the spirit staff placement stationary for the duration '
Effects Include:
-Instant 2 stacks of Stability on cast,
-A bit of longer actual cast time to summon the spirit of Enlightenment, Guardian Rises into the air (like paragon GW1 Paragon style, I Think? ..(I played Derv..)
-Gives/Pulses in the area radius:
.. Swiftness
.. Resolution
.. Stability
.. Resistance
... + Enemy's suffer blind(condition)+ Confusion(Condition) upon Guardians casting this Elite skill, and enemy's also receive weakness while inside the AOE effect..
.. The radius needs to be bigger than the traited symbol size. Possibly even bigger than bow of truths Radius of 360. Maybe 400 or so,  ..after all it is the Elite skill.

..(side note for SoE) not sure if this should be a ground targeted skill or not, I mean it has a large radius even if it was planted near(in front of) .. or at the guardian, please don't root the caster/guardian(Don't keep the player still for the cast).. 
.. Ground target would be good/cool for premptive group 'movement' casting say for WvW though, so there's that.. just some ideas.

Devs..
You decide on all this, and the durations of the effects etc..

Thank you all for reading this. Take care.
Maybe I'll get an official / Dev response! 🙂

And yes, I've been thinking about this for a long time.
-Kaygun

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, KGUN.8374 said:

Hi, (please don't move my post to the Guardian section

I wanted to first be straight forward to the point with a question.
Why aren't there certain types of skills for Heal skill & Elite Skill?

Example: guardian spirit skills for Heal skill, and Elite skill.
This question is probably / likely not just with guardian, but Guardian is what I enjoy playing and I main, so I will talk about this, as I'm familiar(with Guard).  'Other players; feel free to reply about all the other classes and if there's similarities with the missing skills.

For example,  - but I Don't know how much this would apply, DH gets, Heal skill Trap, and Elite Skill Trap (right?) - and I understand it's one of the Elite-Specs,- And yes I have the expansions and not a free account player.

-- so This is why it's a Profession skills expansion, to expand on what types we have already.

So, Profession Skills Expansion. Will it happen(?..)

Again, I'm going to use the Guardian Spirit weapons as my big example and I will go into detail about the 2 skills that could be added.

- I Don't know if there's a lore reason why there's only the Four spirit weapon skills...

Bow of Truth
Hammer of Wisdom
Shield of Avenger
Sword of Justice

Can we get 

Mace of Honor  ( Heal skill )
Staff of Enlightenment ( Elite Skill )

Anyways,  That's basically it.  If you want to read on about my ideas for 
Mace of Honor
Staff of Enlightenment

Below are my notes and ideas - if you know/play guardian, you know these would be awesome. 
- To be honest, I admit some of it might be a bit much or " OP " but it's relevant, or to do with the type of skill, heal skill being important.. to heal, and elite is supposed to be something substantial or highly beneficial !  🙂
Here's my notes:

'Mace of Honor' / spirit mace [ (Spirit) Healing skill ]
=
Visually a bit similar to Mace Symbol skill.
*MoH =
Skill has short cast time, Upon pressing heal skill activates 1 stack Stability,
+ heal-self: x-amount
Spirit Mace - Quickly - Smashes the ground at players position
Effects include: 
..AOE = Resistance = Radius 240
..AOE = Regeneration = Radius 240

'Staff of Enlightenment' / Spirit Staff [ (Spirit) Elite Skill ]
=
Visually, Similar to Staff Skill #2 Holy Strike.
*SoE =
' beam of light strikes the ground, then shows the spirit staff placement stationary for the duration '
Effects Include:
-Instant 2 stacks of Stability on cast,
-A bit of longer actual cast time to summon the spirit of Enlightenment, Guardian Rises into the air (like paragon GW1 Paragon style, I Think? ..(I played Derv..)
-Gives/Pulses in the area radius:
.. Swiftness
.. Resolution
.. Stability
.. Resistance
... + Enemy's suffer blind(condition)+ Confusion(Condition) upon Guardians casting this Elite skill, and enemy's also receive weakness while inside the AOE effect..
.. The radius needs to be bigger than the traited symbol size. Possibly even bigger than bow of truths Radius of 360. Maybe 400 or so,  ..after all it is the Elite skill.

..(side note for SoE) not sure if this should be a ground targeted skill or not, I mean it has a large radius even if it was planted near(in front of) .. or at the guardian, please don't root the caster/guardian(Don't keep the player still for the cast).. 
.. Ground target would be good/cool for premptive group 'movement' casting say for WvW though, so there's that.. just some ideas.

Devs..
You decide on all this, and the durations of the effects etc..

Thank you all for reading this. Take care.
Maybe I'll get an official / Dev response! 🙂

And yes, I've been thinking about this for a long time.
-Kaygun

I think they just wanted to keep the skill # equal across each profession.  I think every profession has 20 skills. Each professions has 5 skill types except for Engineer and Revenant, having 4. Engineers have more choices for utility skills than any other profession and Revenant has and equal amount of healing and elite skills with the most limited build opportunities. 

If they were to follow your suggestion, they'd make 3 new skills to every class but 1 to engineer, or give engineers 2 of the same type healing skills and 2 new elites. The math would be off. 

I think their goal was to make you choose and realize life's not fair.

Edited by VocalThought.9835
Appearance
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Truth is, they already can't balance the game or create good class design. 

Adding more to the table will make the task even harder for them. 

You say that, but they keep adding more. Weaver gotten more skills that some classes gotten since that game started.

At this point they just add skills based on whether it can sell expansions, and then the balance team is only there to clean up the mess afterwards.

Spirit weapons aside, I'm still in the minority that spirit weapons don't persist as pets (literally the only pet Guardian can have). 

That said, they'd have to add an additional heal and 2 elite skills to every profession (afaik). It's not impossible to imagine, people have been requesting this for years.

• Thanks 1