EOW: End of Weapons

VocalThought.9835

What would you expect from new expansions  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should they keep adding weapons for each expansion, after next year?

2. 2. What new mechanics would you wish GW2 would introduce into its combat or gameplay?

• More Mounted Combat
    • RPG mechanics based on personality system
    • More racial options
    • Player Housing
  3. 3. Should they add new weapon types to the game?

After looking at the Weapons List with the addition of SOTO, I'm suspecting that the following expansion, after SOTO, will be the last time we get new weapons for each profession. Of course they have plenty of weapon option that have not been given, like scepter for warrior, or off hand weapons for the main hand, but these seem unlikely.

If this the end of an era, what new mechanics would you wish GW2 would introduce into its combat or gameplay?

Also... what weapons would you like for each profession if this was going to be their final weapon and why?

Do you think they should keep adding weapons in each expansion?

Should they add new weapon types to the game?

Mounted combat is something they could explore more, and allow more flexibility it with than currently.

Maybe allow you use skills that are based on your class/weapon while mounted? If they put an expansion out that really focused on that, (maybe with a pvp mode that when with it) then they could skip with a new weapon for each class.

I don't think mounted combat is a good idea at all. It seems antithetical to the current combat trying to stabilize the fight, not chase things around and if the foes aren't moving around enough for mounted combat to be a benefit, then it's pointless. That being said, you already have the siege turtle. I'd hardly forge an expansion or update around that particular feature. A specific encounter? Sure.

I would love for them to actually attempt at making more racial options with their own "personal story" not directly related to the current main story. It'd be a nice way to branch into more lore and alternative stories without needing to keep focus on the same characters. Some would say you'd have to remodel all the armor skins and such, I'd feel perfectly comfortable with just outfits for these races. Let me customize my Skritt with a mohawk or my Kodan to different colored fur, etc, then put an outfit on it. 

I've never been a fan of player housing as it often costs loads of gold and I need all the gold I can for other stuff. I'll leave that to someone else to comment on (or not, player housing is usually boring...there aren't enough emotes to use it for RP stuff).

Finally, RPG mechanics based on personality system...the one the game was implemented with left alot to be desired. You'd have to create a whole topic on how this feature could be good. That being said, if this type of system had a few sub-systems that all link together in some way, like an NPC dating option that is affected by personality, you could get a bit more nuance of life and love in the world of Tyria. Ever wonder what it would be like as a human to date a sylvari? Explore that in this sub-system of the personality mini-game.

As far as weapons, I'm indifferent. New weapons are going to be hit or miss. When I see new weapons, I just see repeated animations with some reskinned particle fx. If they do more with new weapons (or new races with old weapons!), I hope they focus on making the swing/shooting/run/idle animations more unique. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

Mounted combat is something they could explore more, and allow more flexibility it with than currently.

Maybe allow you use skills that are based on your class/weapon while mounted? If they put an expansion out that really focused on that, (maybe with a pvp mode that when with it) then they could skip with a new weapon for each class.

A pvp mode revolving around mounted combat... 

Actually I do want to play Age of Ashes Skyscale edition in Guild Wars 2.

• More mount combat? Nope, the vocal minority in sPvP would complain that they've been forsaken.
  • RPG mechanic based on personality system? I doubt it.
  • More racial option? Nope.
  • Player housing? We already somewhat got that.

Personally, I think that utility skills can be the next step after the weapons. After that they can probably introduce living story related conjured weapon that the player can chose to replace their elite skill slot. I mean, with this we could get various Boxing skillkits, Great axe, bowgun, land spear... etc. And the only cost would be that it would take the spot of our useless elites skill.