Kryptis Bounty Event PvE Daily - often not getting credit for closed rifts

In order to do Kryptis Bounty or really any of the new dailies you have to do the first 2 chapters of the story first Hell breaks loose that gets you to the new maps and then you have to level up Heart of the Obscure Mastry first level 1 gets you some level 2 gets more that's as far as i got so far

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are the rift events opened with your Heart of the Obscure and Rift Mastery line 1. Whilst you can particpate them beforehand (they rotate around the map as people complete them), being able to locate them yourself becomes clearer halfway through Act One.

Why they are called bounty events I'm not sure, but if you see people doing rift events in the world, that's what it is

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I got this on first login when I only had an hour or so to play so couldn't finish it. Why would you give this as a first up daily before someone has started the means to complete it?

This is why the current system of forcing people to complete only the GIVEN dailies is a bad implementation.

More choice is always better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This could need a bit of clarification: What does trigger the vault achievement? Is it the pre-event (killing mobs), killing the boss - or closing the rift? Or do you need to participate in all of them? I did one on Straits of Devastation today and it did not count. Did enough damage to the pre-mobs and the boss but I think I forgot to channel to close the rift.

To count for the weeklies and permanent achievement (doing a t1-t3 once in a map) afaik you need to at least do damage to the boss.

Might be that the daily requires just a rift on a SotO map and therefore it did not count for me? (Since I was in Orr.)

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 10:09 AM, smul.1928 said:

I just did 2 of these in Straits of Devastation (hit mobs, hit boss, and channeled) and didn't get credit toward daily.

Same here. I did 5 in Straits of Devastation for the weekly and didn’t get credit for the Kryptis Bounty daily. I’m not sure if this is a bug or these are the wrong types of events.

Edit: in case this is a bug, I didn’t get the chance to open any of the rifts, but I did the rest of the event for each (kill Kryptis, summon boss, kill boss, interact to close rift). I did a T2 rift and 4 T1 rifts.

Edit 2: I did a rift in Skywatch Archipelago and got credit for the daily. Same as above: I didn’t open the rift, but did the rest of the event.

Edited by Blarg.6328
  • Like 2

I also tried to do the rift closings in Straits of Devastation for the daily Wizard's Vault achievement. I got to them, killed mob and the boss with other people, was given the instruction to channel the rift closing, pulled out my tool and was told I couldn't do that. The rift closed and I got no credit for the daily. On the first one, I got a reward, I found a second one, same routine, didn't see the reward.

I swapped to another toon and tried to track rifts again in Straits of Devastation. The trail led me out over the water to the N of the Straits. So I swapped to Skywatch and tried again. Zero luck.

• Like 2

I closed 5 rifts in Strands of Devastation and didn’t get credit for the Kryptis Bounty Event Wizard’s Vault PvE daily. I then closed 1 rift in Skywatch Archipelago and got credit for the daily. Based on this other thread, it seems other people are having the same issue with this daily, including when closing rifts in the SotO zones: 

Edited by Blarg.6328
  • Like 1

I just did two rifts in Sandswept Isle, and didn't get credit for either of them.  I was on my guardian--does it make a difference if the character hasn't done the story chapters? I seem to recall having no problems on the character who had run through the new chapters the last time this daily popped.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It would be nice if daily objectives gave some kind of description, as they did before. 

Just did 5 rifts in Sandswept Isles for the daily and weekly achieves, and got 0 credit for the daily Kryptis bounty achieve. If this needs to be done in the new maps, maybe the daily should tell us that.

So, Anet, is the Kryptis bounty designed to be done only in the new zones? Because this confusion is ridiculous.

• Like 3

Can confirm, did 3 in Sparkfly fen and didn't got credit, this is ridiculous ... 
As a side note personally (and i repeat, personally) I really enjoyed old dailies they were a nice way to chill out in the game or find every day something new or old to do, these new one can be more profitable maybe but i really hate to do them, I have to force myself to finish this crap every day.... 

Edited by Otxandra.6093
  • Like 2

On 9/7/2023 at 10:01 PM, Otxandra.6093 said:

Can confirm, did 3 in Sparkfly fen and didn't got credit, this is ridiculous ... 
As a side note personally (and i repeat, personally) I really enjoyed old dailies they were a nice way to chill out in the game or find every day something new or old to do, these new one can be more profitable maybe but i really hate to do them, I have to force myself to finish this crap every day.... 

Yeah, every time I feel like I force myself to do them.
Previously you were missing out only on 2g which was not a lot if you already rich. Now you are kinda forced to complete daily for AA to get unique skins, emotes etc.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1