how does virtuoso get unlimited blades, all 5 without needing to dodge

oatsnjuices.1698

I just fought a virtuoso that had more f 1-4 than anything i have seen. It had no cooldown and 5 blades over and over, no need to evade attacks, it was the most op thing I have played and its fast. It was able to keep up with my thief, it was not botting, it was some settings and probably a relic causing it to be able to reset its blades at will. I was not attacking it and it still had those blades.

Edited by oatsnjuices.1698
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, oatsnjuices.1698 said:

I just fought a virtuoso that had more f 1-4 than anything i have seen. It had no cooldown and 5 blades over and over, no need to evade attacks, it was the most op thing I have played and its fast. It was able to keep up with my thief, it was not botting, it was some settings and probably a relic causing it to be able to reset its blades at will. I was not attacking it and it still had those blades.

Did you fight them in alpines?

Not sure why you refer to evading for a virtuoso to stock blades - thats not how virtuoso works (well not only). They basicly replace clone generation with blade generation (plus other traits/skills that also add blades) ie if you have a basic mesmer build that absolutely vomit clones... well there you go. 

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 4

Exactly. Just with weapon-skills alone (e.g. dagger, focus, offhand-sword etc) Virtuoso can stock up blades extremely fast. Add the healing signet on top (which refreshes those skills) and signet of illusions (which passively generates blades), combined with blade generating or clone generating traits and you're reaching close to infinite blade regeneration. 

Keep in mind tho: Virtuoso deals extremely low damage on non-bladesong skills (since you only summon phantasms, but no clones as the latter are converted into stocked blades instead)

Edited by Custodio.6134
  • Confused 3

On 9/5/2023 at 6:59 AM, oatsnjuices.1698 said:

Ill do u one better. Did u know they dont even HAVE to be in combat to generate blades? Just dont mount, and they automatically get 5 blades, to start from 😅 but surely this cannot suprise anyone. Since its the same team of devs, who thought, and still thinks cele was a good edition to wvw. So just accept it. Nothing will ever make wvw a roaming friendly enviroment. Just stick to ur friends, and gank, teabag everything that moves. Since that's what wvw is all about now 👍

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Thomas.2564 said:

but surely this cannot suprise anyone.

Well it shouldnt since thats in the core virtuosi trait description.

Virtuosi is probably one of the weakest mesmer builds overall, there is reason very few run it. It doesnt really matter if they have good initial burst by stocked blades - so does a shatter build.