SOTO killjoy drops

I had my issues with how SOTO started when launched. Got over it. Played it. Enjoyed it. The architecture is breathtaking in Amnytas. The sky islands are interesting. Events too. I love the metas.

But.. there's a big but. I actually still have 9 mastery points to get to reach max - they're all mastery points reachable through achievements. And I don't feel like even going into the SOTO maps.

Why? Because drops. Even the minor and great arcane chests are laughable - stuff that you get in EoD for example from regular chests without having to do the gimmick piano wasting time. Closing rifts? Equal or less loot than killing a veteran mob in a core map. I get immensely more meaningful loot doing the plain Drizzlewood Coast map. And yes, my Magic Find is maxxed out.

In short, loot over time spent getting it. SOTO is not really worth wasting time in. Unless you enjoy the scenery. Will it be appealing just for the chance of getting stuff for legendary armor? At this rate, I'll pass.

I wish they'd fix that. It's a pity, really. All that work for such beautiful maps and events that aren't worth the time because drops suck.

Edited by Anyandrell.6238
Forgot to mention magic find.
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

I'd like to see more loot too, most activities are geared for map and rift currency instead of materials and goodies. Meta chests are just sad.

I'm okay with the arcane chests. The coins have been updated so it's not the same as EoD any more. I hit all the big ones once a day, it's quick even entering a code, which must have been added to reduce automated farming. Minor arcane chests give small loot, but respawn when you revisit an area.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rumpus.1234 said:

I'd like to see more loot too, most activities are geared for map and rift currency instead of materials and goodies. Meta chests are just sad.

I'm okay with the arcane chests. The coins have been updated so it's not the same as EoD any more. I hit all the big ones once a day, it's quick even entering a code, which must have been added to reduce automated farming. Minor arcane chests give small loot, but respawn when you revisit an area.

The coins, can you use them for anything other than crafting recipes? Asking because I already have 3 times what's needed for all recipes, and I haven't found anything else. Wiki isn't helping me either.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

The coins, can you use them for anything other than crafting recipes? Asking because I already have 3 times what's needed for all recipes, and I haven't found anything else. Wiki isn't helping me either.

I also have far more than necessary, they're not used for anything else yet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You definitely have some valid points, especially about the Major Arcane Chests. After leveling the Mastery track and performing the minigame, I expected better rewards from these containers specifically. You could also make the argument that rifts need more/better rewards that are not tied to crafting legendaries.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1