has anyone tested relic of lyhr yet?

Stand The Wall.6987

I tried it in WvW. I got blown up quite quickly with it on :). I will say it's very inconsistent. On firebrand, it worked with healing mantra and staff 2 and 4 (I think), but I am not sure. There is supposed to be a visual queue of a tether that attaches to the people you are protecting, but I think that the graphic gets culled sometimes based on your video settings. 

20 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

does it work with evades, distortion, blocks, stone heart, balanced stance, invulns, pseudo invulns like infuse light/ endure pain, etc. and anything else i failed to mention? also listing any uncommon procs would be great (heals that you didn't think would work).

I've used it a few times, but they could hardly be counted as tests. It definitely does the intended effect of redirecting damage, and activates on practically anything that heals. I believe this damage can also be mitigated (it's not armor ignoring) and probably works with defenses like the ones listed.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684

I been finding it useful in wvw but i not done deep testing to the effect it self. I do know it acts as if the skill it self it hitting you from what i seen i am not sure if you can take avaged of that such as triggering aura effects on you for other ppl (the dream is triggering lighting rod on your lighting auras for other ppl!)

triggers with every heal from my testing, ignores blocks and evades, sometimes gets bugged and triggers 100% of the time on the same target, gets huge value in smallscale fights if you stack tight and face high power dmg. tested it with heal core rev giving 75% dmg red to allies while only taking 25% of that dmg. worked pretty well up until groups of 10-15 + bec you cant control who gets the buff and if someone out of position is buffed and gets blown up you melt as well.

sidenote: it should work with invuln effects, havent tested that though.

to make it work you basically need specs with high dmg reductiin/invul on pretty high uptimes. necro f.e. could also work but sadly doesnt really get anything besides transfusion to trigger it well (the hits proc spectral armor+ the dmg red from shroud makes it basically like you dont take dmg at all)

aaand it also doesnt trigger on life steal or regen effects

It seems that only fire auras will trigger with its effect you can even apply blinding ash effect (i cant tell if this is an bug or what.) Its very risky for big fights but for smaller fights in wvw its very powerful.

I do wish there was an hp% where if your hp falls below an % the effect stop happening or is cut down in how much dmg you eat up.

Edited by Jski.6180

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2023 at 2:08 PM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

does it work with evades, distortion, blocks, stone heart, balanced stance, invulns, pseudo invulns like infuse light/ endure pain, etc. and anything else i failed to mention? also listing any uncommon procs would be great (heals that you didn't think would work).

Been running since release in wvw

Relic is beast and broken as kitten if you think outside the box and aren't selfish.

Games are more fun when you play together. 

That's all I'm gonna say because when things go public so do the Anet dev nerf hammers