The state of ele

Sahne.6950

I've been having a blast on scepter/dagger catalyst and been mostly successful with it. Only issue is the obvious wintrading and then the matchmaking that says, "haha not again" and pits you with freshies against a team of leaderboard alts. 

I don't know if comparing ele to longbow warrior cheese is the best example though. That build has always been toxic and I can't imagine there is anything actually fun about it other than the ability to troll.

Also, warrior seems kind of busted again. Bladesworn at least. If I blow fire 2,3,5, water 2, earth 5, and use my elite to refresh fire and blast that rotation again and a bladesworn just stands there and soaks it or heals back to full... there's an issue. lol

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bast.7253 said:

I've been having a blast on scepter/dagger catalyst and been mostly successful with it. Only issue is the obvious wintrading and then the matchmaking that says, "haha not again" and pits you with freshies against a team of leaderboard alts. 

I don't know if comparing ele to longbow warrior cheese is the best example though. That build has always been toxic and I can't imagine there is anything actually fun about it other than the ability to troll.

Also, warrior seems kind of busted again. Bladesworn at least. If I blow fire 2,3,5, water 2, earth 5, and use my elite to refresh fire and blast that rotation again and a bladesworn just stands there and soaks it or heals back to full... there's an issue. lol

That video is supposed to go both ways.

Condizerker is busted af!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

Just now, Sahne.6950 said:

That video is supposed to go both ways.

Condizerker is busted af!  you can faceroll the #1 Ele EU... you dont even know how to play warrior.

Yeah, I was a little shocked the other day fighting some variation of warrior that did no damage.. took no damage... then BAM loaded up with confusion burning and a bunch of other stuff while cc'd. Didn't happen again because it's a pretty gimmicky build but it was a bit surprising looking around and seeing nobody else around considering how quickly it burst me down. lol

Czerker farms everything like that, imo its way more broken than slb, just in a different way since it doesn't do anything in teamfight.

That doesnt mean ele is bad though, and imo ele is very far from bad, its definitely in top 3 class right now. war with czerker+bs, ranger with slb+untamed and ele with supp tempest, hammer cata and fa cata all still top specs.

If your point was about fa weaver though, like in the video, then Im right behind you ^^ its weak as kitten.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, magickthief.6492 said:

ele is still very strong, if anything it needs more nerfs. i would just go silent if i was an ele main at this point

Core weapons are garbage and Hammercata cant really compete in this meta.   idk what your seeing.

You are seeing Eles in MAT´s because those are top players that mained nothing but ele for years.

Those people could have just picked any other build and would probably have more success.   

i mean... how viable can Ele be, when all it takes is a mediocre player that copy+pastas a build from memebattle.com, and there is NOTHING that this exact ele, that you saw in the MAT.....the #1 spvp Ele in EU, can do.  Straight up nothing!  

I have under 2 hours of experience on the whole of warrior.....  That toon was straight out of the Characktercreationscreen...   

And that should be a warningsign.

In all honesty...  Ele needs.... something.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

They nerfed the core weapons to such a degree that one would have to rely on cheese mechanics like pyromancers puissance. Spamming fire 1 till you gain enough might to detonate it. 

The nerfs took away all the diversity from the class. An entire game specifically designed around builds suddenly lacking options to create various builds. 

Nah, Pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I know we all still a bit traumatized....  so this might be disturbing to hear for some people...  But ele is trash.

Fake news!

"The state of ele"? Ele = Elementalist -> that is the name of the core profession. No elementalist was shown in this video!

As we all learned during the witchhunt well articulated class balance discussion not long ago, ele was suposely supersaiyan-tripple S+-godtier OP. That means now (after all the "well considered and with utmost precision and great care" applied nerfs), it must be a well balanced viable and valueable part in any team comp that is able to go toe to toe against any of the other profession it will face in PvP nowadays.

Clearly the reason why the weaver and cata got stomped was because not playing ele (core! with signets!1!!)

Right?

🙈🙉🙊

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Core weapons are garbage and Hammercata cant really compete in this meta.   idk what your seeing.

You are seeing Eles in MAT´s because those are top players that mained nothing but ele for years.

Those people could have just picked any other build and would probably have more success.   

i mean... how viable can Ele be, when all it takes is a mediocre player that copy+pastas a build from memebattle.com, and there is NOTHING that this exact ele, that you saw in the MAT.....the #1 spvp Ele in EU, can do.  Straight up nothing!  

I have under 2 hours of experience on the whole of warrior.....  That toon was straight out of the Characktercreationscreen...   

And that should be a warningsign.

In all honesty...  Ele needs.... something.

no one wants the state of ele that we had like 6 weeks ago, for 4 years, anymore...except ele mains. ele doenst need anything but players that are competent enough to play them. even you agree to that, i bolded the statement you made that shows it to be true.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, magickthief.6492 said:

, i bolded the statement you made that shows it to be true.

and you boldly ignored the part that followed after that.

ele doenst need anything but players that are competent enough to play them.

Yeah.... but in the video you can see that even EU´s best ele cant make it work anymore.

I am miiiiiles below that guy when it comes to skill.  He should be able to make it work against me.....   but he isnt.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

sword weaver good

hammer weaver good

fresh air weaver more than playable

hammer cata great

d/d cata more than playable

support staff tempest still good

what's the problem? not facerolling?

whats the problem?  

Even EU´s best ele cant make the build work against a mediocre player, that your trying to tell me is great.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

I clicked on the video to see ranger gameplay. I'm disappointed.

Apparently you missed the part where that SLB stole my whole identity by pressing OWP and smokeassault.... 

Bruh.... let me have my downstate.... but nope.....  he bursted me straight to the respawnscreen.   Didnt even touch the ground.

uhm... i mean....   BUFF RANGER!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 7:04 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Lmao I'm so embarrassed at condizerker atm, and the worst part is power zerk is gonna probably get nuked for its sins just like signets on ele did for cata bullkitten

Constantly noninteractive merry go round balance.

💀💦

Azure, I'm glad you are one of the few sane people that can point this out. You are my last beacon of hope for this community LOL.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, magickthief.6492 said:

The ele in the video was essentially afk and facetanking. Not surprised as this seems to be what eles want out of their class....thoughtless carrying capability.

Time to relearn basic gw2 combat....positioning, and....gasp....dodging

Beside that cBers is strong right now, I have to agree that ele didn't even tried to move out out of any of the  warri's lb F1 and F2 and didn't even try to break los.

And yeah.. SB is still busted, but that isn't a "state of ele" only thing.

• Thanks 1

well, ele is at same state as most classes, useless weapons, useless traitlines, useless utilities. But I guess only core ele is really bad, cuz only arcane and fire are decent, I've seen stacking barrier weavers with hammer and it's prolly playable in ranked.

It surely feelsbad that scepter and written in stones are worse now than they were pre rework in pvp, at least if all those nerfs were elites only, i could have fun with core ele

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Confused 1