Am i the only one who doesnt like Mantra’s functionality?

Dark Viper.2378

Dont get me wrong, I love playing HFB, and to keep applying protection, regen, and quickness. But am I the only one who doesnt like that you acctually need to position yourself and aim properly so that the CONE acctually hits all players? and then there are other players who doesnt know how mantras work and doesnt stand with the group stack and you miss your boons on them because its a CONE. Am i missing something here?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dark Viper.2378 said:

Dont get me wrong, I love playing HFB, and to keep applying protection, regen, and quickness. But am I the only one who doesnt like that you acctually need to position yourself and aim properly so that the CONE acctually hits all players? and then there are other players who doesnt know how mantras work and doesnt stand with the group stack and you miss your boons on them because its a CONE. Am i missing something here?

Nope. In fact there's a push among some players in the community to make all, or at least most, boon sharing effects have a universal radius of 600 units. Many of us hate stacking in a melee ball just to get boons when more dynamic playstyles and ranges are available to classes. It's gotten to the point that I don't play my deadeye in groups because standing in a melee ball with my 1500 range rifle is just kitten.

(You are free to go nuts with the extremity for the meaning of my "kitten.") 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Surely you're not the only one. The animations and visuals and sounds from the mantras are truly BEAUTIFUL, but I refuse to use skills which require a precast every time you move from a map, abandon an isntance, etc. So amongst my two Guardians, with 7 templates of which 4 of them are Firebrand builds, there's 0 mantras in use.

Is not exclusive from this spec, tho; since the changes in Rev's hammer I refuse to use that weapon, and with the new Weapon Masteries hammer is just doomed to oblivion...

• Thanks 1

I'm fine with the keyhole-shaped AoEs, but I wish they would balance the (PvE) numbers on potence and flame a little bit. The current "optimal" way to use these two is to just dump all of your charges as fast as possible and recharge them when they come back up. It makes me wonder why they're even mantras at that point.

2 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Surely you're not the only one. The animations and visuals and sounds from the mantras are truly BEAUTIFUL, but I refuse to use skills which require a precast every time you move from a map, abandon an isntance, etc. So amongst my two Guardians, with 7 templates of which 4 of them are Firebrand builds, there's 0 mantras in use.

Is not exclusive from this spec, tho; since the changes in Rev's hammer I refuse to use that weapon, and with the new Weapon Masteries hammer is just doomed to oblivion...

The Firebrand Mantras load automatically when you're not in combat though?

On my Firebrand I've never needed to precast.

At least that's how it is in PVE. I believe in PVP they don't precast. But based on your description of moving to different maps and leaving instances I assume you're talking about PVE.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

The mantras now load automatically, upon changing maps. Nevertheless, FB is kinda bad to play, ever since this change to tomes. And WB is just much better in OW, in terms of both survivability and damage (or at least damage speed).

As for rev hammer, it is not good to speak ill of the dead 😝

On 9/8/2023 at 6:11 AM, Buran.3796 said:

they removed the precast like a half year ago in pve

• Confused 1