I don't understand the scattered chests, and they are not accessible

The scattered chests in Wizard tower, much like the ones in Tarir, are confusing. If collecting hidden chests is meant to be a mini game, I don't like it. It's not fun and worse, it's not accessible: if you're a bit slow you'll miss out on something.

If I earned something by participating in the map during a meta or whatever these are supposed to be for, I want them in a bouncy chest. Or if there's some reason for it, opening chests in a particular area when you don't really have to hunt for them under a timer is fine. Running all over and hoping I get them all--especially hoping I get them before the map closes--is no good to me. I would have rather used the time to explore the Wizard's tower rather than having FOMO that I didn't loot all the chests, or didn't find the big one, or whatever.

It makes sense in the celestial challenge: they're all right there and you open them with tokens from participating in the event. No FOMO, nothing to explore.

That's one of the more annoying things about this game, I worked to get a reward then I have to work again to pick it up. Bizarre.

I worked hard to get auto-loot both in Tyria and the mists. I want my auto loot to work please. Or bouncy chests are fun.

• Like 13
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, willow.8209 said:

The scattered chests in Wizard tower, much like the ones in Tarir, are confusing. If collecting hidden chests is meant to be a mini game, I don't like it. It's not fun and worse, it's not accessible: if you're a bit slow you'll miss out on something.

[...]

Okay, do you mean the reward chest that pop up in the Southern Wizard's Tower after the Skywatch Archipelago meta?

If so, if you wait a few seconds, because Mabon will open a portal on the meta's final platform that leads you straight to the Tower above. That means you can get there immediately after the meta with enough time left to collect all the rewards from the chests.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

for the most part i see what you mean. some blue and green unidentifieds, and some medallions. --um medallions are not really useful on a level 80 character, and not much to do with them except vendor or throw in the mystic.

I did, however, get some rare gears with unique skins and I salvaged the gear, and immediately equipped the axe skin.

• Confused 1